Urban Quest - Crowded, airball field not well maintained (bunkers de-flated)
California Paintball Park - VERY crowded
Hollywood Sports - The park itself is ok but the walk back and forth to the car is horrendous
Directions to the Field:
Coming from Los Angeles - Take the 5 north, exit Parker, take a right at Parker, continue on Parker for 5 miles into the mountains. Somehow out of nowhere a sign will be posted on the left side of the road. Turn left and go down a winding road.
I've been to Warped about 5 times and I am glad I found it. The positives are as follows:
1) Warped is not nearly as crowded as Urban Quest or CPP.
2) The refs are really helpful and nice
3) The bunkers are filled with foam so they don't "deflate" like the ones in Urban Quest
4) All day admission and air is cheaper then the other 3 parks listed above
5) The hills are good exercise
6) The air system is well maintained so that they always have at least 3200 PSI
1) No "water faucet" - Wish there was one so I could wash my hands before climbing into my car
2) There is a blind turn after you go under the tunnel. Everytime I go through the tunnel, I can imagine my self getting into a head on collision
I also wanted to write a response to those who complained that the field is on a hill. Here's my response : GET SOME EXERCISE! It's not like you're running up the length of the hill anyways. You run up 10-30 feet and hide behind a bunker for 2-4 minutes at a time. You can "chill" for those 2-4 minutes; take a breather. When I say "chill" I don't mean take a nap but practice your snap shooting. If you are running up the lengths of the hill, then there is something seriously wrong. Coming up Afghanistan is difficult though but people do it all the time.
Lastly, I wish the shrubs on the hill of Afghanistan weren't burned away. I really enjoyed climbing that hill to shoot down on people behind the cover.
In conclusion, Warped is a nice field in general but could improve as stated above.
Last edited on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 at 10:53 pm PST