Choctaw Rd & Reno - Entrance is marked by colored flags.
Once we finally got started, it was fun. Listed below are the Good and Bad points.
- We were allowed to play as many games as we wanted (depended on how much air we had and how much ammo we could carry).
- I really liked being able to fill my own air tank when I needed to.
- The fields were nicely mowed and clean.
- The field paint ($45 a case) was great quality. I really enjoyed shooting it.
- We showed up at 8:00 am, but did not start playing until 10:30 (only one employee, who was far from motivated).
- Only played on Spool/Drum field because non-motivated employee gave up on the airball field (aired up about 1/2 of the field and then never finished). We offered to help with airing up (we were bored with the 2-1/2 hour wait), but he declined with a solid "NO".
- During the registration phase, I was surprised that there was only one blank safety waiver (they ran out of copies). I did not think that from an owner's perspective, it was smart to let all 6 of us play without having each of us fill out a waiver completely. That's just me.
- During a break from playing (for paint and air refill), a large group of first timers who just got done with the safety briefing (not sure what was discussed in it since we didn't get one) proceeded to bypass the staging area and walk down to the playing area with coolers and gear in hand and no safety equipment on. We had to catch them and inform them about the rules of the field regrading the staging area and safety.
I know that not all of the employees that were supposed to show up did. But, accepting free help would have gotten things going faster. I think the key to this field is to not play in the mornings. And, call ahead to see if everything is ready to go. Below are the final ratings:
Fields : 9.5 out of 10 (Airball looked like it would be fun)
Facilities: 9 out of 10 (Good air station and staging)
Rentals : 9 out of 10 (those who rented had no issues with equip)
Safety : 4 out of 10 (guns were fired in staging area.... not good)
Customer Service: Don't ask!! (Maybe it was just a one time thing. I hope anyway)
Last edited on Monday, September 22nd, 2008 at 8:51 am PST