The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of Field Use:
Less than a month
January 10th, 2009
More than 5 years
Other Fields in the Area:
Orlando Paintball, Hypersports Park, CFP, M.I. Paintball
Directions to the Field:
Its on colonial
I played at this field a couple of times and thatís all I needed to find out that i never want to play there again.
1. First off the field itself is real nice and well kept.
2. Second off the staff is nice and helpful.
3. The field is in a nice quiet area.
1. The only way you get to play a game is if the owner tells his team to let you play.
2. The team that you play with is full of rude kids that have no respect for the game.
3. The team is not friendly at all.
4. Only one covered stand and table and its taken up by their team.
5. In the two times IĎve been out to the field there was a total of 3 walk-ons including myself (2 the first time, 1 the second)
6. This is not a Walk-on Friendly Field if you are playing Air Ball / X-Ball
The field is nice with respect to appearance and staff, but if you are not part of the upper echelon of society and were raised with a silver spoon in you mouths donít expect to play at this field. The only respect you get here is if you shoot a '09 EGO, GEO, or Luxe. If you like getting yelled at and told that your stupid and you cant play and you want to play with a team that cheats against each other just to get a win, then please feel free to go and have a ball, but if your like me and just like to play the game for the fun of it and enjoy the sport for the joy and comradely spirit that it brings, then I suggest you take a drive outside of Orlando and find a better field.
P.S. The ridiculous amount of sideline coaching that happens at this field kills the sport and is very bias. The few games you may get to play will be riddled with screams to help their friends and not you!
Dispute: In responce to your points:
1) You not playing many games; We are a competative paintball team. It's not a once in a while thing, we play hard. We allowed you to play because it was only fair. However, we have tournaments that we must practice for, and no offence to your skill level, but we need to challanger ourselves against our own players.
There was nothing stopping you from doing some research to see that no one but us plays on airball Saturdays, unless we invite them. You could have seen that Sunday is when walk on play is easier for you.
2) Team attitude; I;m not too sure what you are talking about, but all of out anger, and yelling, is directed towards the players. Again, this is a competative sport for us, and we get called out for messing up. It's the only way to get better. From all the walk ons that ive noticed during our practices, not one has been "yelled at," so your claim holds nothing.
3) Attitude towards players with low end guns: Also something that i have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, some of us shot Ego 09's and Geo's. Thats because we are sponcored by Planet Eclipse. Yet, not once have i heard a joke about anygun, ever. Some of our best players are shooting 05 shockers.
4) Sideline coaching; Welcome to Xball. You came to OUR practice, and get angry at our rules? Unfortunately for the poeple who do not like coahing, it is paintball. You're going to have to eventually deal with it. It's how we play in our tournaments, it's how we play in practice. Another reason Sunday would have been a better day for you.
If you have any other concerns, feel free to PM me, and I'll be gladly to help you.
Ok i have played a Paintball world about 5-6 times an everything you said has never ever happened to me. The first 2 times i went i was just there for fun an they were more than happy to help us out an such. the last times i have been there i was on a team an we practice there every other saterday. Yeah they were practicing to an they only had one field up, they were more that happy to let us jump on during our brakes, they were more that happy to help us out show us what we were doing wrong an stuff.
Dispute: First off, what complaining about i have never seen happen. Second, you did go on a saturday and the team practices saturday, and i went on a saturday the first time i went and i didnt have an electro pneumatic gun and they didnt get made fun of they actually gave me some props for how good i was doing. Third, you complained about the sideline coaching, yeah it happens but they actually called out to everybody, they helped me with the sideline coaching and i was playing against some of their teammates and they helped me push up all the way to the other end of the field. finally, it's obvious your not a competitive player and saturday is not the go day for this field unless you plan on playing on the rec fields, i was there almost all day saturday and i got plenty of play time on the airball field, the team didnt mind letting us play, they even let us play with us and split the team so that the two teams were even, it not like the whole team was on one side against us, they were very nice and friendly not rude like you explained.