The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of Field Use:
July 11th, 2009
More than 5 years
Other Fields in the Area:
Warped (Way Better), Conquest, (Awesome), Action Paintball Park (Great), Paintball USA. Anyone better than CPP
Directions to the Field:
Off the 5 freeway by Castaic. DONT GO HERE
Ok First off, the review below is a bunch of garbage. You can tell that the person writing it is either an employee or the owner them self.
I have been wanting to play at CPP for years and just never did it. I decided to try it. I heard it was taken over by SC Village of which I like but not my favorite.
HORRIBLE PLACE TO GO. DON't PLAY HERE. THIS IS THE BIGGEST JOKE OF A FIELD EVER
1 Staff: The staff is rude and does not care about you as a customer at all. They only care about their little inside jokes and constantly laugh at NOOBS when they see them. HEY GUYS REMEMBER, NOOBS BRING THE MONEY. I over heard one of the refs laughin at this guy who was renting, because he had BRAND NEW Camo's and went out and bought a ton of gear like chest protectors, new mask (Walmart) While it may be funny, there is no reason to make fun of him. YOU TOO WERE A NOOB AT ONE TIME.
When I mentioned it to the ref. I was very nice. He just scoffed at me and walked away.
2. Signups. What a joke. Well over an HOUR just to sign up and wait for some punk ref who doesnt care about his job to give me orientation of which they didnt follow any way through out the day.
3. SAFETY: While the ref may yell and scream like some 12 year finding candy, They do NOTHING to people who violate safety rules. HELL I saw on of the REFS on the upper field (The one where you have to walk a LONG way). His head gear was up on his head and one of the players made a remark and the ref barked at him and said he could do whatever he wants because he is experienced. ( I AM SURE THE OWNER WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THAT AFTER YOU GET YOUR EYE SHOT OUT)
4. FIELDS While the fields are not half bad, you can tell that they are old dingy and have not been worked on in a long time. However, the way the fields are laid out are terrible. TO LONG OF WALKS and Turn around time for games is atrocious. OH THE GUY BEFORE ME SAID THEY PLAY A VARIETY OF GAMES.. NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT EVERY GAME WAS ELIMINATION.
5. Equipment. I own my own equipment, However my friend had to rent. What a piece up junk. We all know that Tipmanns are known for their constant working through abuse, but the gun they gave my firend was garbage. It looked like it had been through 40 years of abuse. Not too mention if you rent their guns you HAVE TO BUY THEIR PAINT. My Firend could not use my Procaps paint which is 40 times better than the field paint they sell.
6 PRICES. I heard they lowered their price, but it is ridiculous that they in charge people to get in. They should pay players to play there. Dont ever go in with a COUPON. IT IS A TRAP AND THEY UPSELL EVERYTHING ELSE.
While they have good shade and decent parking, the bathrooms are sick and dirty.
Oh one good thing is, I will NEVER return.
Last edited on Thursday, July 16th, 2009 at 8:30 pm PST
Dispute: You went on a bad day man because everytime i have gone there which is at least once a week they are great. The staff is the best part of the park always friendly and helpful. The guns arent 40 years old they are pretty new just that dirt gets in them. Its not like they can clean every single gun every day give them a break. Whenever a gun goes down they are always happy to replace it and help fixing it. Just today a few players brought their own guns to the workers there and they helped them find the problem. Those werent their responsibility at all but they gladly helped.
Dispute: Normally I dont directly engage in any reviews regarding California Paintball Park. But as the General Manager, I feel that I need to make a statement when someone who is reviewing the park is speaking of things that are simply not true. Which is really the only part that I find offensive.
First and foremost: My staff is not rude. Matter of fact they are some of the nicest people around. For anyone that actually has played there, they would know that coming to CPP; is if nothing else fun because of the people. The staff at CPP would never make a derogatory comment towards a "noob" or anyone else for that matter. It just doesn't happen.
Secondly our refs go through a long training process in which game rules and safety are stressed beyond any measure. There is no way that a CPP ref would be crowning his goggles on the field. No way. No how. And ironically on July 11th (when the customer was apparently there) it was non other then CPP's head ref doing walk ons.
Thirdly...(and this one really bugs me)....never in the history of CPP including current day: have we ever forced a customer to rent a gun and then buy our house paint....this is just ridiculous. Everyone knows CPP is bring your own paint.
And a final word. I encourage all people to write reviews about CPP. Good or bad. This is the only way we can change the park for the better. But I ask for only truth. Please dont make things up just to hurt our park.
And if you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to speak with me.
Well it is unfortunate when things occur time after time and ONLY then does someone such as yourself "an employee" defend the field. EVERYONE KNOWS I am telling the truth.
Since you did it to me, Lets go through your review of mine.
1. Staff is RUDE. Not nice people. Very clickish and only nice to their friends. If they even think you are a noob they turn their noses at you.
2. Your Refs and safety. If you say that the HEAD ref was there the day I was, and he was the ONLY one doing the walk-ons, then guess what, He was the one CROWNING his goggles. That is a huge safety risk not just for your employee, but the safety for us customers as well.
3. And this one really BUGS me too. Now if you READ my review AGAIN, you will see that NO WHERE does it say I was FORCED to rent a gun. It says My friend rented a gun because he does not own one like I do. You know very well that if you RENT a gun from CPP you MUST buy their Paint. WHY LIE on here. Everyone knows that is the truth.
Now since you are the General Manager, you should take what I have to say and put it to good use. Rather than argue with what I have said, You should be prompted to investigate. Set a trap for your employees. Hire some dude no one knows and have them come up and play. Hopefully you will see what everyone else does and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
After playing there, I have heard multiple war stories all of the same. Why can't you understand that if there are more than one complaint on the same issues, MAYBE just MAYBE they are right and you are wrong.
Last edited on Saturday, September 12th, 2009 at 4:52 pm PST