The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion below.
Period of Field Use:
July 18th, 2009
Other Fields in the Area:
(none have as good of staff as cpp)
Directions to the Field:
up the 5 first exit in castaic
Dont even bother reading the review of the person under me they have obviously never played there and are just a competitor trying to hurt cpp's buisness.
Cpp is a great field
1 Staff: The staff are some of the friendliest i have ever met and they are always there to give out usefull advice.
2. Signups. The wait has never been a problem only a few people in front of me everytime i go. 10-15 mins max Although there are always exceptions do understand somedays they are busy but the wait would never be as long as he claims. (also they recently built another shaded area right over the line so you wait in the shade.
3. SAFETY: The refs are always strict on safety always making sure the inexperienced players keep their masks on While giving a good example of keeping it on themselves
4. FIELDS They have many fields many of which are being refurbished (ghetto city) and new ones being built (new wwII one) the walk can at times be tiresome but they are not that bad and the ref often allows a minute for everyone to catch their breath and what not. Also the turnaround for games is the best in the area. Im not going to bash other parks but honestly some have like a 60 minute wait between games while cpp is like 8 mins, just enough to get your stuff on. The refs even wait an extra minute to let the inexperienced players catch up and get their gear on.
5. Equipment. The rental guns are like rental guns at any place no better no worse and they are always trying to keep them clean but there are a lot to maintain and the inexperienced players often mess them up. Yes you can only use field paint with the markers but that is so they make sure someone doesn't use really really bad paint (like some crap from walmart) and cause them more trouble of cleaning the broken low quality paint. It is easier to just say you can only use the field paint. (if you talk to the manager josh(great guy) about using higher quality paint im sure he would be able to make a few exceptions, he just doesn't want to worry about the lower quality paint some people bring in damaging the guns.
6 PRICES. "I heard they lowered their price, but it is ridiculous that they in charge people to get in." wtf is this i hope you realize that as a buisness money needs to be made so they can remain open, thats the kind of ignorant phrase i would expect from reading the first line of your review. They are great with coupons especially since some of them arent even made by them but the old cpp so they are not making any money at all.
Cpp is a great field with great helpful people there who would love to see you come.
Dispute: Michael, you say my review is wrong and I have never played at CPP. I have been playing all over long before you were born that includes CPP. Infact, I have played at CPP when the original owners made it. It is a FAR CRY from what it used to be.
Lets go through your points.
NOT FRIENDLY, very clickish. If you are not in their crownd, you might as well be a nood whom they hate. VERY Rude, and always tend to take the side of their friends who are playing.
2.Signups. Are you kidding me. If it took you 10-15min than there was no one there. It takes forever to get signed-up even for self equiped players
3.Safety. This has got to be the most lacking area. While you are right, the Refs do YELL at people, they never do anything about it. Yelling is one thing. FOLLOW UP. Kick the player out if he continues to violate the rules. I witnessed my self one of the refs with his mask up on his head on the playing field.
4. Fields. Ok CPP fields used to be cool, but they are OLD decaying and the way the build the fields is sad. HUGE Walks UP HILL. SUCKS.
As for you rturn around time 8 min What a joke. How can you sit there and lie to these people. Turn around time was terrible. They did the normal back to back game and then took like 15 - 30 mintues to get out and play again. It has ALWAYS been like that.
5. Equipment. Nuff said. You are right. All rentals everywhere are pretty much the same caliber. Thats why I own my own.
6. PRICES. Give me a break. On one hand you sya "YOU HEARD THEY LOWERED THERE PRICES" onthe other you are saying "it is a business" Grow up kid. and stop telling people to talk to your buddy josh "or" is this josh? READ MY REVIEW again
Oh if you rent from CPP YOU MUST BUY THEIR PAINT. Interesting you say to talk to "JOSH" That is exactly what my friend did after his gun broke. They gave hima rental and said he could not use his paint anymore. They forced him to buy that crappy paint. NICE TRY.
I am NOT a competitor, BUT I am a customer, which should be considered worse. It is obvious that you work for CPP or are a friend of an employee. How we know this to be true, simple, If you played there you would know what I say in my review is DEAD on.
This guy review proves my point. THIS IS A REVIEW BOARD FOR PLAYERS, NOT OWNERS AND EMPLOYEES.