Honestly....Follow the Website directions they will take you right to the Yellow Gates of Marked Paintball:
* • Head West on the 417 towards Arnprior
* • Once you have passed the ScotiaBank Place and [HWY 7], Exit at March Rd (#155) heading towards Almonte.
* • Turn Right onto [HWY 3] - Upper Dwyer Hill Road (Heading North)
* • Turn Left at the second street on your left - Vaughan Side Road (Heading West)
* • Go up the hill and you can't miss the driveway.
Where to begin with Marked Paintball…
You get to these massive Yellow Farm gates and you see a Black Marked Paintball SUV and you think…I will turn in here cause it looks kind of like the place and common sense says…it is.
Then you start driving down a gravel road about 1000 feet and your thinking…WHERE AM I GOING???!?!?! You kind of get scared because you can not see anything and you think maybe…just maybe some farmer is going to shoot me!
Then you pass this massive 10 foot high Berm wall and you see a ton of cars and beautiful netting and a staging area and you realize…BAM you are there.
You get out of the car and you are greeted right away by someone…I have to say I have played at many fields and from the phone call to the first time I spoke with someone…Their staff is great, they go out of their way to make you feel at ease and are extremely friendly. A+++ For that.
Ok….Here we go:
- SAFE - You guys are by far the only paintball park I have ever been to in Ottawa and the only one I feel 100% safe at. They have 2 fields you can see right off the bat with netting like 15 feet in the air. Their target range is completely netted as well, then there is an entrance way to go to some of the other fields…and once again, netted. I spoke to one of the Refs there and they said there was over $12000 spent on Safety netting and poles alone in the park…so far.
- PRICE – First of all, every place I ever go to…the first thing I ask for is a Case of paint…Cause well that’s always the cheapest way to buy paint at a paintball field. Right away I was asked by the guy behind the counter if I was going to shoot 2000 balls in my first game. I replied no and they said they recommended only buying 500Balls at a time. Long story short…they basically break the price of their case ($100) up in 4….so you don’t have to buy a whole case to get savings. There is NOT 1 other place I have ever played at that does this. The guy said the reason they do this is to not force people to over spend when they come to play and they have a temp controlled room which is kept at 18 to ensure paint does not change its consistency. WOW, it’s like a science…great stuff! A+++
- VALUE - $25 for a Bag of 500 Paintballs…Tournament grade! A+++++ Every other place you go, they charge at least $45 for a bag of Average Bronze or lower quality paint. This is a Gold paintball for less money, why would you even want to pay to play somewhere else.
- NO FEES – YA, NO FEES…no walk on fees, no air fees…no fees. Unheard of! I own my own gear and I can play paintball for the day on $25! A+++
- FIELDS – The currently have 5 open fields while I was there, with some others being revamped and what not. They have an Official Size XBALL Field…SICK! Great to play on and had like a viewing area so people could take pics and stuff. They have 2 open fields and 2 Bush Fields on top of that. Love the Scenarios in the fields! Great time! A+
- LUNCH - $5=2 Slices of Milano’s Pizza, 1 Pop and a Jumbo Freezie…It’s a steal! I heard one of the refs say they don’t actually sell Food and stuff…they just pass the prices they pay onto the clients. Works for ME! A++
- GAME PLAY – When I was there, there were 3 groups each group had their own 2 refs with them. It was great, so we didn’t have to get blended into 1 big group. Refs seem to keep games moving too, this I liked a lot…usually I find there is too much sitting around in most parks…not enough PLAYING…isn’t this where fields make their money? Why not keep us going? A+
- AIR FILLS – They have their own compressor…this I find is rare these days. They do full 3000 PSI and 4500 PSI fills….on two separate push button stations. This means you can fill yourself on the fly if you wish and not have to wait for noobs with the 3000 Can (sorry…I know I was once too a noob) Im just saying… : ) A+++
- RENTALS – I went with 2 buddies who had to rent. OK, prob about 90% of most places I have ever gone to have carried 98 Tippmann Customs. My buddy said he couldn’t believe how immaculate the Smart Parts SP-1’s where kept. He didn’t have one break all they and his gun was full electronic. I didn’t try it but didn’t hear anyone complain. A+
- CONSTRUCTION – seems like there is always something going on, it could have been just that day…but a lot of guys working around. This could be a PRO being that they are always improving but I don’t know.
- RENTALS – I over heard some people complaining about Masks Fogging…I talked to the ref and he said that the Lens were Thermal and that they are Anti-Fog Lens. Proto Rental Mask…I didn’t rent just trying to make a “fair” judgment.
OVERALL I GIVE IT A 9.7 OUT OF 10
WORTH IT, CHECK IT OUT!
NEXT ON THE REVIEW LIST: COMMANDO PAINTBALL
Last edited on Friday, August 28th, 2009 at 3:02 am PST