SC Village - Far more crowded and unorganized than J. Island
Tombstone - Have not been since it re-opened
Directions to the Field:
Take I-15 (N or S) to Lake street exit. Take Lake Street towards Lake Elsinrore (West). Turn right on Temescal Canyon Rd. Turn left (about 1 mile) at Jungle Island.
I've been coming to Jungle island for a while. It's close to my home and I've always enjoyed the atmosphere there. For such a big park it has a friendly staff and the prices are competitive.
Over the last year they have made a huge attempt to make this park even better than it already is, which is why I've decided to come on and give them props. Just in the last few months, here is a list of things I have noticed they've done to improve my Jungle Island experience:
1. They've always allowed you to bring your own paint, but now if you need to buy some from them they have dramatically reduced the prices, and they have different grades you can choose from. I bought the higher grade last week and was very happy with it.
2. They've made countless improvements to their regular fields. New bunkers, fox holes, camo nets, vehicles, sand bags, fixed holes in walls, etc etc. Makes it a lot more fun to play on these fileds. They even redug the trenches field. I play walk-ons and I've noticed a big difference. Especially on fields like Hyperball. They basically doubled the bunkers on that field to make it much more playable.
3. They have been taking walk ons for a game at their new airball fields. I'm not a big speed ball fan, but these fileds are awesome. They are brand new bunkers and nice turf. The fields are regulation size (so I'm told) but even with a whole walk on group playing on them it was a lot of fun. I noticed they even have E-Teks back there, I think they are using them as rental guns!
4. They've always broke up the walk ons into different groups when the size became too big to manage, but lately they've been doing it before play becomes bogged down. Whenevert there is about 40 people or so, they split it up. I like that; a lot.
5. The last thing I will mention is that the snack bar/pro shop has a lot more stuff in it, and the prices came way down. They rent out compressed air tanks from this snack shack now, which was cool cause mine wasn't working and I don't want to slap a CO2 tank onto my rig.