I hosted a bachelor party at this place in August of 2003. I am not an experienced paintballer, but the vast majority of the party attendees are very experienced. Many of them told me that in comparison to all the other fields in Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire that they've played at, Fox 4 was the best paintball place they've been to because:
- It has the biggest and best-maintained field
- It had best rental equipment
- It had the most professional staff
While I'm not an experienced paintballer, I can tell you as the organizer of our private party of 20 guys, Fox 4 was nothing but professional and courteous at all times.
- Safety was always their number one priority.
- We got to play against each other only--not get mixed in with the public--since we had 20 people in our group. It was a lot of fun to know who was on your side and to know who you were shooting at.
- They were very clear about all of the rules, and they enforced them. We saw one guy get kicked off the public field for swearing at a ref.
- They allowed us to choose which games we wanted to play.
- They let us choose how long of a break we wanted to take between games.
- After our allotted time was up (10 to 3:30 is a full day), they let us play "Hunt the Bachelor and His Best Man (that's me)". Even as one of the targets in this game, I had a lot of fun.
My only criticism is of the kids filling the tanks and handing out the rental equipment. Compared to the friendly staff that we checked in with and the friendly refs, these kids seemed kind of surly. The owner and head ref told us to exchange our rental masks as often as we wanted to if we couldn't get them clean. I tried to exchange mine twice over the course of six hours of non-stop, hot and humid paintballing, and was turned down once and asked 20 questions the second time before the kid finally gave me a mask. But this is a very minor annoyance to put up with for a place that really knows how to to do it right. And I'm not just speaking for myself. I'm speaking for a group of 20 experienced paintballers.
Just to follow up with your comment on the airfill staff..... I think we've got that all ironed out now. We've added to our banked air supply and changed out the regulators... as cause of tennsion with our staff. We have better whip stations, and can fill to 5k on HP air. Our CO2 station has moved, and we've added pumps to the two stations for larger events.
Thanks to your review, we've instituted a policy regarding the behavioral problems you experienced. The whole system is streamlined and the staff is happier, therefore less aggravated. Sorry for your past experience. Look for me for a free pass for two to play... just show me your Scituate addy on your liscence (I was born and raised in Scituate)