Santa Clara Fairgrounds, Sunol Paintball, TAG Paintball (Watsonville), Bear Creek, out in the woods somewhere, and Operation Paintball.
This is the best field if you like alot of opponents, shooting, trees, walking, and anything having to do with a woodland combative environment.
First the Con's:
- The Field: its huge you cover a lot of ground, there are not exact boundaries; And if you don't have a compass or a good sense of direction you can get lost...C.S.A.R. not included.
The People( Walk-ons and REG): Sometime are rude, by cussing you out, setting their marker to high and wiping. But above all else is talking when you know "DEAD MEN/WOMEN DON"T TALK."
- The Price: it hurts every time, a bit pricey for the action you get. To big a field spreads the action and if you cant find it, it may not find you. Paint is a somewhat reasonable, but no one like to pay to bring you own paint, when its the same kind of brands the sell.
- The Bathroom Facilities: ? enough said..
- The Transportation: Bring a good pair a boots, shoes, your favorite flip flops perhaps, because this place is big and your only method of transportation in this place is your feet.
- The Game: Too long and not enough of them to go around.
-LAST THE STAFF: Not enough to regulate a game thoroughly, though they try. Courteous (most of the time), and favoritism (goes to the regulars).
- The Field: Good for camo type Vietnam woodland setting game...trees are good for cover, and easy to see what you shoot at most of the time...ZULU field is a good field although not played on enough because of the LLLOOONNNNNGGGGGG walk. But the forts provide nice cover.
- The People: Some are very cool, caring and compassionate to a fellow player. No need to paint a mural on a player.
- The Price: good and bad, but affordable. So save your allowance and head on up.
- The Bathroom Facilities: At least they have toilet paper, instead of your hand or the foliage. Your alternative is mother natures bushes, just be for-warned you might get shot in the ass or jimmy if you try that approach.
- The Transportation: with a good pair a boots or shoes, your can make up some exercise time walking here to burn what you ate throughout the week.
- The Game: Go the distance and its well worth it. The longer you stay in the more you shoot. Go in pairs to ambush people. Its good to set traps for your opponents, its funner that they lose.
- The Staff: Hey, they try. They attract alot of people and it may get difficult to regulate but bare with the program. Stick to the rules and have some INTEGRITY to call yourself out. And Lastly remember that in the end they are here to help you so that you can learn from your mistakes.
All in all its a good field and i do recommend you play at least once, twice to get a a better feel. I would say that improvements need to be made, but hey no one is perfect.
Last edited on Saturday, August 30th, 2003 at 11:34 pm PST