I think its awesome... the fields are great, and the place has a pretty cool history. The owner (tony, i believe) may look big and scary, but hes a great guy. Me and my friend went out to the '06 big game, but nobody else showed up.. some big game haha. Some one (Neil, but im not sure of his relation to tony... teammate i think) showed us all the fields and boy do they rock... we would have been playing the entire area as one big scenario, had people shown up, and it looked like it would be one helluva game. It was a real bummer that nobody else came, but the staff decided to go throw some paint at each other, so me and my friend split on a case (reg. 120, but for the big game it was 100) and we got bronze X-balls. we played a few 3v4 games, and it was great. no need for a ref, these guys are totally honest and cool. Tony filled my 12oz tank, but it was damaged (i dropped it beforehand, and JTs said it was fine) resulting in half the co2 coming out before i got it on my gun, tony decided it was on-the-house. since nobody else came, they waived our field fees. they even gave us tippmann shirts for coming out... great guys.
The washrooms are just outhouses, rather far from the staging area.
im not sure about rentals.
One of the refs (Andrew) seemed like he was very fair, and was a good guy. (im not sure, he didn't ref, he played)
They offer Co2 and nitro(on previous request) fills, 50 cents an ounce and im not sure about air.
They have quite a few fields, and they are really fun. maybe not in the best of shape, but still really fun.
I would recommend playing there, but make sure other people will be there, don't set yourself up for disappointment.
If you and some buddies wanna have a game there, post a reply and we can hook up.
i gave this field a 7.
Last edited on Tuesday, August 1st, 2006 at 8:36 pm PST
None, usually just play on QC property owned by myself and friends...
- Fun fields, their villages are a little rickity, as is their "speedball" court comprised entirely of barrels and oil drums. Theme games were well organized.
- We had two refs for the entire day, one of which was very knowledgeable and easy to get along with, the other was an annoying little shrimp, who sat around all day making duck noises (apparently, he still lives with his parents at 28!).
- Equipment was good, a few problems with the rentals used by people I was with, but even then they were replaced ASAP.
- The paintballs supplied here are the real problem. They are way over-priced at $40 for 500, and they were HORRIBLE quality. I believe they were Zap balls, they were dented, unbalanced and chopped around 1 in 6. The accuracy was horrible, and we easily spent 1/2 of each game cleaning our markers.
- The Barbecue lunch we were promised turned out to be a hot dog each, and no drinks were supplied.
I would NOT recommend SMT to anyone, despite the one helpful ref and the pretty good fields, the quality and price were not worth the drive all the way out to Lombardy. If the owner decides to provide decent paint at a decent price, then I would consider returning, otherwise buy some of your own paint and head out to the Gatineaus with friends...
Last edited on Wednesday, October 22nd, 2003 at 10:25 am PST
Not many, just my backyard with about 10 other friends. Outdoor feilds in ottawa are really far away.
This place is pretty good, amazing compared to the indoor feilds. I like the paths and roads cut from feild to feild, they work pretty good. The bunkers are a little trashy though the 2 main villages they have are pretty good. They have a good variety of feilds to play on, including a speed ball feild, known as the barrel feild considering its oil drums and barrels stacked in sets of 3 in triangle forms. Its pretty noisy with the 'Pang' of each round on a bunker.
The feild offers good variety, and the refs who work there are usually pretty nice to me, and friendly most of the time. The owner isnt the friendliest guy though, he doesnt talk much, and is pretty stuck on his opinion, though he knows what hes talking about, and can be nice once in a while.
I gave this place an 8 Because its a little pricy for paint, though pretty good on feild fees and rentals. Overall though, I recomend going to their big game somtime in July, its usually a lot of fun to play.