pbReview.com / Fireball Mountain Paintball Games (Old Bridge) Paintball Field / Fireball Mountain Paintball Games (Old Bridge) Paintball Field / Fireball Mountain Paintball Games (Old Bridge) Paintball Field / Fireball Mountain Paintball Games (Old Bridge) Paintball Field
Fireball Mountain Paintball Games (Old Bridge) Paintball Field
I dont know what others are complaining about but i love this place. The fields are awesome (except the wood one), the refs and everyone are nice, cheap, and paint is cheap too. The guys at the shop help when ur gun needs maintainance. The fields are awesome but the lego field is kinda muddy but i would not have expected to be dry the day after it rains. Everyone says that fireball doesnt care about safety but i dont know what theyre talking about the always make u keep ur mask on unless ur in the sade zone and they make u keep ur barrel plug on. I wanna go there like everyday.
Last edited on Saturday, November 8th, 2003 at 9:09 am PST
I think the guy who owns this property lets his 13 year old son run the place and all his friends are the refs and players. No organization whatsoever. I felt like I was in a school yard playing a pick up sport. People just call out, "Who wants to play this feild..." off you walk, no refs, no objective, and just start blasting. Total anarchy and not in a good way. Safety, when followed, is only because it's been ingrained in us by other, better, fields. Most of the time barrel plugs and masks on are optional. I swear I saw people walking up and filling their own CO2 tanks.
The fields are small and in terrible shape. I never plan on going back and I imagine that when these kids graduate high school there won't be anyone left who would play here. I guess Fireball Mt can count on another 5 years before that happens...
Somtimes me and my friends go to North Hanover Fireball, or Top Gun
Man, they gotta shape up the field over there. Its like a total opposite than North Hanover. First of all the refs were jerks. Its like when you asked them to fill your tank they were offended because you made them get up. And the refs were like 13 years old and acted like they were idiots. Example: One ref who thought he was a tech with mags told me tpo put some oin in the velocity adjuster, thats just stupid casue now it moves around during the game and somtimes i shoot 400 or 100. Old bridge if your readin this please just fire all your refs and get the guys from north hanover to get things goin over there. then youl make some money.
(This is a review of the FBM Old Bridge field. I have heard that the N. Hanover field is much nicer and better run than this one)
1) REFS! The reffing is practically nonexistant. This is the biggest problem with the field. Safety rules are not enforced. Games are up to you to set up. I have played at this field twice, mostly because of its convenient location. I have never chronoed a gun there. Last time they didn't even have a chronograph set up. They had two staff members there, both of whom were setting up a airball field. When my group checked in, and every time we got our tanks filled, we would have to get them from across the fields. A kid shot me in my back while I was in the safe zone, claming it was an accident. A kid walked into the store/register area without a barrel plug, and pointed the gun right at my face. The Old Bridge field is horribly understaffed. Rules are optional. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. This field is a definate no-go for first timers, come here only if you know what you are doing, feel like enforcing rules yourself, and want to be able to run your own games.
2) Rental Gear. Rental masks are of very poor quality. My groups rental kids had a horrible time with fogging and not being able to see. One rental tippman was shooting hot as anything, enough to draw blood on several people.
3) Fields. There is one field thats just some small trees with a few sections of fence. Not even a real field. When playing on a woods field (schoolbus) i slid into a bunker that dumped pink water that smelled like raw sewage all over me, one of the most disgusting things ever. The school bus field (woods field) have all been cleared out almost completely, leaving little cover for being stealthy. They have an airball field, but it has never been up when I have played there.
4) Prices. On saturdays, for a rental player, paint costs $80 a case for Sever Standard. For $80 they could at least give you a better paint. Combine that with a $35 field fee, it adds up. For rentals on a BYOP day, its a $45 field fee. A $45 field fee is way too much for FBM in my opinion.
1) Fields. There is a very nice lego field (i am in love with playing the snake on it) and a hybrid hyperball/lego field that I enjoy alot. Spools is a popular field with noobs that sit behind a bunker all game long. They also have a nice airball field, that when it is up, is fun. When they are dry, they have a couple of good fields.
2) Prices. A $25 field fee allows you BYOP for sunday, wednesday, and friday. Field paint is $45-$60. Often they have severe standard/seconds paint, a diablo, and another respectable brand. This isn't too bad.
3) Refs. Though they weren't reffing games and enforcing rules, they do have a few quality people. If you need your tank filled, they fill it. I had my Dragun go down, one ref taught me how to fix it. When i offered to pay him, he wouldn't take it. If the refs were leading the games and enforcing rules, they would be great. However, last time i was there they only worked the register and set up the airball field.
Summary : This field has great potential. They have a few good fields, and some dedicated staff members. It is alright for a experianced baller to play a day of walk on. If they stop overworking staff, clean up their fields, and enforce safety rules then this will be a nice field to go to. Until then, I reccomend trying another field.
Ok....the maor part about this place is the amount of 12 yr old kids....its not the fact that they are there....its that this place has no form of order...guns without plugs or condoms in the middle of anywhere...people takin masks off....it baffles me...I am used to people gettin yelled at..and nothing...I have been to Fireball 3 times...and all three times I left about halfway into the day....enough said....im not going back there cause three strikes..and your out in my book...the only good thing about this place could be its size...but that doesnt chenge the other things...
FBM....where to begin? After playing a few games, my friends and I quickly realized what kind of day we were going to have. None of the refs seemed to care where we went, what we did, or what rules we played by. Hardly anyone followed the rules, including the masks on rule, not shooting paintballs into the safety area, etc. Kids ran around the safety area shooting their guns into other fields under the net, and over the net, throwing paintballs at each other, using their barrels as blowguns and hitting each other with that. It was total chaos, and total lack of any kind of organization on part of the refs.
The woods fields are quite small, even at the furthest ends of the field, you can see your opponent...kind of makes wearing camo useless. I really didnt feel like I was playing at a "professional" paintball field, it feels more like I am playing in someone's backyard....because you literally are at this field. Some guy decided he could use extra cash and set up these fields in his backyard.
The day was somewhat salvaged after lunch when a few friends and myself gathered some of the core, more serious pballers together and went to a field on our own and reffed ourselves. 3/4 through the game a ref showed up to "play ref" and for the rest of the day, we organized our own games and when we were ready pointed at the ref and said, ok this is what we are doing, this is where we are going, you can either follow us or stay here."
All in all, I have never played at a more poorly run, nor a poorly run-down field than this one. I will look for a different field to become my local favorite. It is a shame there is no way to give a negative rating.
cousin's paintball manchester, top gun paintball, shooters paintball/rexplex, nj paintball club, manhunt paintball, fireball mountain, staten island paintball
i've gone here a couple of times over time for fun and for tournaments and each time it sucked. the fields are pretty crappy, the website overrates everything that they've got, the referees suck, and the facilties are a disgrace.
all the speedball fields are falling apart and all the rec fields look like a 5 year old thought them up. not to mention that the prices are too high for a crappy day. it's one of the worst fields i've ever played at!
Last edited on Thursday, July 31st, 2003 at 7:22 am PST
Top Gun (decent field, better then FBM), Skirmish (probably the best around, but pricey, Better that FBM), Poco Loco (excellent field/staff, better than FBM),
The worst field I have ever been to. The Refs encourage cheating, and even get involved in it themselves. I watched a "ref" (14yo) get a player to shoot his marker from the "safe zone" at a kid playing on a speedball field. After the kid was shot several times the ref ran away and said "I didn't see that..ok?". These refs weren't motivated to get games going, didn't check a single chrono that I saw, and plain ignored all the safety rules. The mask on areas were completely ignored. People would fire their markers whenever they felt like it, even into other games on purpose (and not get in trouble) fields are small, poorly marked, and with no "dead zones". The safe zone is across from 2 speedball fields, and well within firing range from these fields...in fact people were getting hit in the safe zone by shots from the airball field. Once again the refs didn't even notice/care. When this was complained about to the owner/manager, was informed that they couldn't hire decent/adult refs for the money they were offering.
The most fun I had this day was when a group of us gave up on the refs and went to fields and played our own games (organized, ref'ed, and timed)
this is an awesome field, not as ggreat as the one in North Hanover, but still pretty ccool. the owner is very nice and the best part is YOU GET TO MAKE YOUR OWN GAMES, unless like some other places such as rex plex, where you must wait for the refs.
so what if the refs are sort of young? the feild is good, speedball, bus, lego, ect. closest to my house and just easiest to just go with the flow and make you own teams right then and there.
well maney people say bad things about fireball mountain but they do not realize that fireball mountain is the place for EXPERICED play who would like to practice with there teams or friends and want to make there own games and play when they feel like it. so the crono isent enforced casue they fell the experinced players will follow the ules and the majority of them do. becasue of this i think this is a great place and you will have alot of fun playing here