The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion on the comments page.
Period of Field Use:
Other Fields in the Area:
conquest-similar. tombstone is better
overall 5 out of 10.
Pros-small, friendly, OK prices, good food.
Cons, not enough refs or games, refs they do have are biased-they stack uneven teams against each other. Refs wear normal clothes, not REF jerseys.
Far too many players per game, only one walk on game is played at a time. No free water.
The field is hard to get to, have to drive to a prison parking lot and be escorted in and out, takes much longer then it should.
Worth going to if you're in the area. Not worth a long drive.
Last edited on Monday, October 24th, 2005 at 12:52 pm PST
i played in many fields like usa and pros . but i know that cpp is the best one ca
well i played in many fields but i been playing at cpp for at least 4 years and with the new owner its cool but of the owner is dick i heard . At the front desk there is a lady i cant say her name because on this web site it wont let me but she is very nice and is will help you alot .
I went to this field for my friends birthday party and they hade some great fields. We mostly went to the city which is a bunch of trashed cars and broken houses and it was pretty fun. the only field that i don't recommend is the trenches which is some small boats dropped in there and a bunch of holes. So it is an overall fun field for first times.
Played there last weekend. Definitely some good changes with new owner. I'm starting to see some new rental gear (goggles, hoppers, and CO2 tanks). More tables and EZups. Some of the fields have already been revamped. Airball field has been added. They are working daily to improve the whole area .
Still can’t drive out to the field but at least cunstruction has finally began on the road so that shouldn’t be a problem much longer. Still starting late, first game started at 10:30 but we did get to play until almost 5:00 (thanks ref!). Still using old rental guns that are beat to hell and paint is expensive
It is obvious that they are working hard on the field but I have to give them a rating of 7 because there is still a lot that can be done.
Last edited on Tuesday, August 16th, 2005 at 12:36 pm PST
SC Village, Tombstone, Jungle, Conquest, Urban Quest, Boarderland,..............
Just wanted to let people know that there are new owners of this paintball park who are investing alot of time and money to make this place one of the best paintball parks in SOCAL . They are cleaning up the fields and adding new airball fields and planning on adding an X-Ball field so come by and check out the new California Paintball Park.
Field of Fire - ok, refs suck but the field is good
PB USA - Like CPP, there's a catch to ever coupon, and the refs are halfway decent
Went here for a friend's Bachellor party. I was pretty excited because i they had a rep come all the way out to Pasadena, where i go to school, and sell coupons. Well, the coupons expired, but I found another one at a local pro shop and i recommened the field for the party. When we get there, I was really, really disappointed. Here's why:
1. the sign in area looks like crap. I'm sorry, but you don't put fancy photos of your flyers and then have a reg. area that looks like it does. Very unprofessional.
2. The Owner doesn't really do anything but fill tanks and yell at players/refs who aren't following his precise rules. Case in point: at around 11am (my guys arrived at 8:45 to get in some early play time) we started our first game....with no refs. Why? There were three refs for two private parties and the walk ons, alltogether. That meant one ref per party, and one for about 30 walk ons.
I must say, the games we played without refs were some of the most fair and fun games i have ever played. There were about 14 of us, split into two teams, with an even number of experienced players on each team. very fair. What happened? The owner came and yelled at us for not having our ref with us, or not waiting for him...he then went to yell at the ref for "not doing his job"...all while he was helping out another ref set up for the private parties....my advice, if you're running a field with that much advertising, you better have more than 3 refs.
3. The fields weren't too bad, but since there were private parties playing, we were limited to what fields we could play at. This sucked!
4. Only about 15-20 rental guns, and some of them didn't even work.
5. The last games in which i took part were fairly big. We had about 50 some odd people on the trenches field and it was pretty fun. Yes, my gun wasn't working, but that didn't stop me. Here's the kicker, When i was walking out (i got out on the last game) i was clearly out of bounds and not a target (gun was over my shoulder, barrel cover is bright yellow), yet a few players took some pot shots at me....i may have been walking behind a firefight, but still, you don't get hit in the chest when the guy they're shooting at is below your feet...I had to run, scream "LET ME THROUGH, DEAD MAN!", in order to get by without further incident. BTW, the ref was about 20 feet infront of me, and said nothing. Worse yet, even though i liked this guy, there was a...well...beautiful young lady playing and when she got out, he gave her some pointers, then let her back in. That's just too much. I can safely say i'm never going back there again.
I'm not cold hearted enough to give a 1 rating, mainly because I know the refs were trying their hardest. They were very nice (the refs) as were the rest of the field staff. I just don't like the manager, the unorganized manner in which they set things up, and the fact that they advertise so much, yet have so very, very little. If you want to just go and play, go to Field of Fire.
The field was okay I liked the speedball layouts. I didnt like the fact that they didnt fill tanks all the way. Staff was friendly no doubt. The path to the field was destroyed but they had a shuttle take us there and the drivers where friendly. The road was bumpy but it was fun going there . The stuff was expensive but we had 1/2 off copons. The chrono was broken so I guess a few people where shooting hot.
i give this field an 7/10 I liked the experience there
The first time I went to cpp for a friends b-day, i hated it. (of course this was my first time, i had a rental gun and mask). We musta waited 30-45 mins to get a game.
Now they've gotten a lot better, they finally fill to 4500 psi, (how the **** do you run a pb field that only fills to 2k???) and they improved their rec fields. Speedball is pretty good, but not really anything special. Trenches is a bit unfair, because whoever's at the bottom is basically doomed. City is pretty good, but kinda dangerous from all the rusty nails sticking out everywhere. You can also hear the rattlers in the summer, so it gets a bit freaky to sit down on a tire and hear somtin like that. the staff is really nice, ive never seen any jerks there, everyones cool. The hike up to city and trenches will have you panting. oh yeah, it gets HOT. i went in july: 111 freaking degrees.
UPDATE: just went there yesterday, they remodeling it. Put in really nice air ball field that morning so we played on it first! although the guy that installed it didnt do it right and some of em were blowing away it was still awesome.
Last edited on Sunday, July 17th, 2005 at 8:05 am PST
This field is lame. First off they only fill compressed air to 2000. This sucked because i could rarely finish a game without running out of air. Prices are too high. For all day air its 15 bucks. I wouldnt even care that much if it they filled it up all the way. The guy who runs the place is a paintball nazi. I need my air filled and he pointed me to a fill station in the middle of the parking lot. I wen to fill up and he flipped out. Another thing is my buddy was clicking his solinoid on his ego with the air off. The guy said "no dry firing in the parking lot" twice. My friedn kept on clicking his solinoid and the guy banned him from the place.
As for the fields they're decient. The rec fields are lame. The speed ball fields are ok. It would be better if they had sup air ball though.
Last edited on Sunday, April 24th, 2005 at 7:10 pm PST