Area 51 - Not as good, but cheap for members
Ultimate Paintball - Outdoors and great with a group
Sgt. Splatters - Dirty
They have two fields - an 'owner's' field and a 'renter's' field.
I ususally play here on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights - the cheap nights. Air is $1 per 1000psi, Paint is 5 cents each. On those nights, the 'owner's' field is usually empty - and is just for speedball. I haven't played on it yet.
The scenario field is dominated by a 2 two storey buildings, that surround a speedball field. This allows the games to move back and forth between speedball and scenario ball - giving you the best of both worlds. The refs are 'OK' - they pick are large variety of interesting games - but they typically stand by the entrance and don't actually don't 'ref' that much.
The ground is covered in carpet - that ends up being a better choice than the gravel at Area 51 or the sand at Splatters. It gives reasonable traction, without covering your shoes and knees with tons of paint.
PBC is also attached to Badlands - potentially the best stocked pro shop in Canada. They're expensive for most things, but at least you can get that part to get your marker up and running again.
I've had my best indoor paintball experiences here. In the evenings, you tend to get an older crowd, and few idiots. Recommended.
DragonFire - great place
SOF - not a big fan of the ground but still a good/fun place to play
VEP - My personal favourite outdoor place to play
-Fairly good staff
-Its fun to pwn noobs on the rental field but its worth the money on the owners (experience wise)
-Badlands Pro Shop
-On the BYOP field you can do w.e you want pretty much. If you want to ramp your ION then, RAMP YOUR ION! (stuff like that)
-Location for those in the GTA (right near the airport...you cant miss it) Cons
-The refs are a little sketchy when it comes to starting a game on the rental field(one game will be a 5 second warning and the next one will be 3, 2, 1, GO)
-The rental field is so slippery (carpet and the inch and a half of grease on top) that you can't make a good suicide run or slide successfully into the bunkers consistently (you get the odd good slide once in a while)
-The bunkers on the rental field are flat, and i mean, FLAT.
-Noobs complain about you firing full auto and "thats too hard" or "dont shoot below the waist"
I'd say that if your wanting to spend a little extra money and hit the owners field then GO FOR IT. I started paintballing and I come back home every time in having a great day paintballing. If you want to go more consistently then you should go for the rental field and pwn noobs (its quite fun because they actually listen to you if their on your team. Paintballing all depends on the amount of money you have/willing to spend and how times you are willing to go. This field compensates for both those factors. 10/10 bor sure........way to go pbc....keep it up! :)
Last edited on Thursday, January 26th, 2006 at 4:22 pm PST
This is the first field that I have played at and it's a pretty good field for an indoor paintball field. The staff are friendly if you are nice to them and if you get to know them they give you lots of tips on guns and other things.
Pros: Good speedball field, bulidings are well placed and fun to play in.Lighting is good compared to Sgt. Splatters(doesnt blind you in paintball city).Over all good field.
Cons: Hell of a slippery carpet be careful when running and stopping suddenly trust me ive fallen on my @ss many times. Buildings are slippery too so be careful.
This is an overall good field . The facilities are poor but eh your their to play paintball not go to the bathroom. They have vending machines at reasonable prices and 2 or 3 arcade games which suck because their like 10 years old but again your their to play paintball not to play arcade games. Be nice to the staff and they be nice to you. Don't be stupid and break rules because you'll just end up missing some rounds (trust me ive seen enough people break rules) . Help the noobies you were one once too. And most importantly HAVE FUN!
Dragonfire Paintball -The best field ever-
Sgt. Splatters -It sucks, period-
- BYOP field is pretty sick, only thing there that is clean
- Top speed is 230 fps, most of your balls will either bounce or not go straight
- The place is filthy and slippery, although you do expect to get dirty playing paintball, if you are going to slip everytime you move, hose the place down for god's sake
- Refs there suck, they don't care about anything except if your gun is running hot, but they only check once so people just turn up the speed
- Co2, it sucks, really
- Ghettotasic paintballs, they are not round, they have dimples and some look like eggs or cubes
- PRICES!!! They prices are incredably high, $10.70 for 100 ghetto paintballs, almost 6 bucks for a Co2 refill, and if you want to use your own paint, you need to pay 25 dollars extra to use their BYOP field and entrance is incredably high
In conclusion, if you want to either A: Spend a lot of money on a crappy experiance, or B: Feel like crap after you've spent money on a crappy experiance, come to this field! If you really want to enjoy yourself, go to Dragonfire Paintball in Brampton, much much better. This field is only bested in the art of crappy by Sgt. Splatters, this deserves a 2
Last edited on Sunday, March 6th, 2005 at 8:16 pm PST
dragon fire paintball - best Field ive ever been to
Sgt splatters - never again
Dont go here.
great byop field
bad prices - a CO2 refill is $5 thats just wrong
max velocity is 230
very slippery - ( i know ppl say if u play paintball u should expect to get dirty but if u cant even run without slipping then its a sign that u need to clean it)
refs dont care about what happens the only thing they make sure is that your velocity is not hot
speedball bunker need more air
bottom line is dont go here unless u goto the byop Field which is $30 to use u would be better of going to dragonfire paintball its a way better Field here
Area 51, and you could say SOF is near. Sof is outdoors, which I prefer.
Nice refs / cashiers.
Knowlegable people in the store
Many senario games
Nice speedball field and nice buildings
VERY slippery floor, I fell and hurt my arm but, nothing crippling
One of the two refs wasn't very good at explaining things and there were newbies asking me questions but I'm always happy to help.
Rental equiptment wasn't all that accurate
All in all, great place for indoor paintball, but if you're a woods guy, go to SOF in Mount Hope.
alright. This is the best field overall. Nice polite staff, great reffing, no a$$holes, fun games, sweet ground, awesome buildings, good terrain. This field has everything. heres a general review:
-badlands paintball shop beside it
-not to many horrible newbs
- 2 fields
-location if you live in toronto
-not enough tables in the staging area
- a little dim but still good
-rental guns suck...but what rental is good
-the mats you have to wear to desipher which team your on
-the 230 max velocity.
Last edited on Monday, February 7th, 2005 at 8:09 pm PST
SOF, Sargent Splatters, Niagra, Paintball Adventures, Area 51
This is my first year going to this field and i am very impressed with it. It has 2 fields, one for gun owners and the other for renters which is great. Also the proshop is Badlands the best paintball store in Canada. On the owners Field you can use your own paint, has to be yellow or white. The fields are really clean, every once and a while the staff clean the bunkers wipe them down vacume and stuff. The staff aren't the best but there pretty good, BETTER THAN SARGENT SPLATTERS. The owners field has astro turf and is sup air ball, in my opinion that is the best. People there are nice. The thing that i had problems with were that the fields were a little to dark and you cant see that great especially if you have a tinnted visor, maybe they could add a little more lighting but no biggie. A bit dirty but what paintball place isn't. A little pricey also but not that bad. If you are a noob and you a own gun i suggest you go on the renters field. Every one that owns a gun has like a Timmy or Angel. This place is 1000 times better than Sargent splatters. I like to play here in the winter because it is indoors. In the summer i play at sof because that is also a great place. I give it an 9 because it is really good place but not perfect
I wrote less then a month because I've been there 2 years ago and only ever gone about 5-6 times. For those times I have to say I only liked the field, and shooting new kids and the half prices days. However to me and my paintball "Gang" we think that the service at this place was just horrible! We tried to get into the one field and they won't let us in unless we called in an researved a spot... Which I might add was 15 dollars a person!! (RIDICULOUS). Since when does a company refuse business???? I'm sorry even though there might me actual rules of a certain ammount of people allowed to play in a certain amount of field I was just pissed. If that is the reason they should say that and not be just deny you but help you understand why they don't need your money. Also you NEED to have a barrel condom on because its "more Safe"... I get there and I have to spend a few dollars on a Barrel condom (totally retarded). Speedballers will like the gun owner field because its that style but as for me I'm more scenerio style and I just couldn't take it. I'm giving the field rating an 8 because the Field itself is AWESOME but the damn staff is more stupid than the balls I shoot
Last edited on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005 at 1:33 pm PST
Ive been playing here since i started paint-balling, and ive found it to be a fairly good field to go to. Now with two indoor areas, one for owners only, its upped in the ranking. Pro shop is awesome, the people there know what they are talking about, well, for the most part anyways. I found that there were some very cocky people though, but that's ok, you just show em how to really play on the field. For the most part, the players there are very cool people. If your a good player and playing with renters, just be prepared for the onslaught of, "stop using full auto man!"....... yeah. Facilities lack slightly, but are still ok. Keep a lock on on your bag if any valuables or extra paint is inside. People are honest there for the most part, but with no lockers, it only takes one ******* to ruin the day. And owners, watch over the renters, if they take their mask off in the middle of the field, don't be afraid to put it back on their face for them. Its kind of our job, as the more experienced player when playing in a field with first timers, to help them out.
Now to what everyone who wants to go there, bust hasn't yet...
- Carpet is slippery so watch out, don't over slide your bunker, and get a good grip before running
- Kinda dark in some areas so WATCH WHO YOU ARE SHOOTING, it can very easily be a player on your team who pushed their way up
- Protective vests for the renters are big and bulky
- Speed-ball is played on a regular basis so don't complain, its a good game
- Blind-fire here is a no no
- Good size for an indoor field, large building, two floors and speed-ball field
- Helpful staff
- Volunteer to be the "rabbit", trust me, its a fun game. I Love being the rabbit.
- Good refs, keep teams even, and groups/parties of people together
- Astro-turf... cool
- Sup' air speed-ball field.
- Field size good for about a 4v4 to a max, in my opinion of 5v5. After that it starts to get way to crowded.
- Good lighting
- Good setups
- Some people can be so cocky you just want to punch them in the face, but for the most part, the people are very cool.
- You get your own waiting area. complete with two extra 'Big Red' cronies, just for the owners wooo!
-Some times the lineups for paint or air can be a little long, so be prepared to miss out on a couple of games
- Barrel plugs at ALL TIMES, standard stuff
- Two 'Big Red' cronies, masks required when in use, and only for gun owners
- Mens and ladies washroom. The mens door is broken though...
- Vending machines, damn highway robbery though
- No lockers so be careful with your stuff. Don't go showing off your new diamond and 24 karat gold Rolex, put it in your bag, and expect no one to take it. Same goes for paint, its worth its weight in gold to the players
- On busy days it can get crowded, ie. +30 players
- Helpful staff, but, if your an owner and you have a gun problem, don't ask the guys behind the counter to fix it. Go to the pro shop to the techs. The guys behind the counter may know what they are doing, and offer you their advice for YOU to fix it, but they are liable for what happens, so if they break your gun, you can charge them for it. Now don't go trying to get them to break it because i told you this, they wont do it.
All in all, PBC (paint ball city for everyone ELSE out there) get my rating of 8. Really good, but not the best. P.S. Every time you go paint-balling you'll remember the smell of this place. Its not that its bad, it is just... unique. *Big sniff* mmmmmmmmm. paint-bally and gooey.
Last edited on Wednesday, January 5th, 2005 at 1:11 am PST