ZJ Paintball, Atlas, MUPS, MSG, All Star, Hustlers, EJAM, Top Gun, OTP.. etc...
Since I believe in honest and fair reviews here is my experience at "ABC Paintball"
( + ) Drive = 22.01 miles from home.
( + ) Location = Off main route, no need to hit the backroads.
( + ) Selection in the shop (A lot of products even hard to find lenses)
Now that the 's are out of the way let's move on to the 's
( - ) Staff...
1) Walk into the shop, first time at the field or shop and I am greeted by an argument between an owner and her son on the shop floor in front of customers. I see this as very unproffessional and very unpleasent to a new comer to the field.
2) I am finally acknowleged by a gentleman working behind the counter by eye contact only. I fill out my waiver to play, and have to go get my tank out of the car to get it checked for the all day air. No problem I am glad they actually check. The gentleman behind the counter has trouble figuring out how to charge two people separately and confuses everyone as to who's costs what. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but a nuisance none the less. Again there is still an argument in the background and the other field "owner/manager" complaining about his own staffing in front of his customers.
( - )The Field
1) First look at the field, the bunkers are filthy and half of the field is low air or deflated and cannot be played. There are rocks all over the field some very large ones that are un covered and could be a problem if someone was catching a lane and diving. Although lanes are not an issue here as there aren't any. The staff clearly lacks knowledge of speed ball and has no idea how to properly mirror a field or have a layout that makes any sense at all. It looks like there was very little to no preparation with the field layout.
2) Game time rolls around and we are asked to step aside for other players on the speedball field that do not want to play with us. Not a huge deal however, they are on the speedball field and paid no more or less then I did to play. If they cannot play speedball, or take losing. My opinion is, they should not be on the field period.
3) The staging area was ok, several tables to choose from however allowed a single party to take up all of the seatable tables when they could have condensed them to make room for all to stage. Another example of poor management, and execution/validation.
( + ) Ref's.
1) The ref's did a decent job on the field, they were involved and quick to do their job.
( - ) Overall Experience
I don't think I would return to this field under the current circumstances. A first impression is a business' only chance to gain return patronage, and the lack of execution and overall presence of organization and reflected caring has definitely impacted my decision.
This was my 2nd time at abc. The staff at abc has the worst attudies. The staff doesnt even take care of their bunkers. The feild is in horrible condtions. And if there somethin worng with your gun they dont like to help you. ABC is only good if you want to go hang out with your friends. If its wasnt for my friends wanting to go their i wouldnt.
Last edited on Wednesday, July 2nd, 2008 at 1:04 pm PST
Update since last year they got an air feild now
what they did is cut ther realy bad "ghetto" feild made of woodbunkers and cut it in half
plowed it, and put up air bunkers
the feild is better now for speedball and they prob will get more buisness due to this change
the feild is roughly 50yards long they have an X rocket ship aztecs tombstones and cylinders and some doritos
i give this feild a 7 only bcause its not the greatest air feild the ground is hard because its not turf or not really grass and could be better
ok i have been going to abc for a long time now and i have to say that its the best field in westmilford 1 because its cheap admission fees 20 i think and all day air package 10 extra which is worth it. 2 great tournament style blow up speed ball field and great and funny refs. 3 the store and staff will fix virtually anything and have lots of new stuff for you to purchase and look at.
i will be playing at abc for as long as i am in westmilford.
I haven't been there in a while but last time i went i had a good time. byo paint is always a plus. the woods ball field is a hike but very big and alot of cover. the speed ball field was super muddy but i heard they fixed that problem. the refs are strict (which is not a bad thing) prices are good and paint is very cheap if u don't bring your own. proshop doesn't supply much but they have ions as rentals. last time i went there they had a few good players come by so everyone was playing fair. over all its not a bad field even though it only has 2 fields to play in.
atalas,hophog indoor,skurmish,high volcity,and more (sorry if i did't spell names right)
Directions to the Field:
1745 Greenwood Lake Trpk
Hewitt, New Jersey 07421
This speedball field that was at abc has been leveled out so it is flat and they fixed the problem with the mud it was dry even after the big rain storm, also i would like to add they now have blow ups like indoor feilds.As far as the woodsball it is nice size with lots to hide behide,i myself dont like woodsball but if u do try this place out during the summer cause in the winter they try not to play woodsball cause you could easyly get hurt(sorry again if i cant spell good). oo by the way dont ever break the rules there cause they will send u back home i seen it happen
This is a good field to go if you just want to get a feel for the game. If its your first time this is a good place for you to start. the admissions cheap and you can bring your own paint. They let ypu rent ions so its pretty cool. they only have two fields woodsball and speedball. The woodsball is great and well maintained but there is an advantage for one team because they start uphil. Tip: if you start uphill go as far left as possible and follow the road all the way down and you can take em from behind. the speedball is bad. again one team starts uphill and the other team sinks in the mud down their and are sitting ducks. I think that they are a little too strict. my friend scratched his face and they said it was taking his mask off and we almost got kiked out. The senior refs are ok bet they barley ref. and it can ruin a game. Theres a 10 year old and a younger one year old that were reffing their when i went and they were mad annoying and they were the ones who accused us of taking off our masks. They didnt seem to know the game that well either which was a huge dissapointment.
Awesome field! Didn't get to use the speed ball today because they were laying down wood chips, but the woodsball was great. Cheap prices! About $15 to enter with all equipment. I think it was $30-40 a case, or BYOP. Anyway, great field and staff, and definitely would go there again.
both are indoors so i can't compare them properly
only 2 fields
they have a BRAND SPANKING NEW full nppl-sized speedball field
the air bunkers themselves are decent. some are a bit tiny though
they rent out procarbines, stock markers, and ions
it was really really muddy the day we went because it was raining the night before and they didn't put out the woodchips on the field but the guys there are pretty nice. the store doubles as a fishing store so if you just happen to need a lure then go ahead and buy that here as well.
once they fix the ground of the field it'll be very nice. until then it's good but has potential to be much better. i'll come here again.
I have no complaints on the fields. I enjoyed the woodsball and speedball. For the most part the staff was helpful. I only had a problem with the little ten year old refs. The prices were good and you could bring your own paint every day. They are very strict about safety.