Ive been using this feild for 6 years. it has some variety in the feilds. my favorite feild has got to be tha waste land. i know iknow, but im that kid with the camo that hides and shoots every one on the teh other team afta they think theyve won. their is a limited number of feilds though. my second fave is tires vs airball. My only issues with this feild is the safety issues. people where shooting very close to people without masks on while walking to the feilds. I reminded the refs this but they didnt do anything bout it.
Another issue is the lack of paint checks. I asked for a few and the refs just said to check ur self.
Other than that its a decent feild. the lack of safety really ruins some of the paintball experience.
Conquest, SC Village, Paintball Jungle, Tombstone, Paintball USA Acton: SC is ok -Long walks for air and the smell of Duck Sh_t in the air. Conquest cool place with cool staff. Jungle -lots of people, lots of fun. but lets face it its about 1 1/2 hr. drive. Tombstone-Graet time always
Went to Urban Quest on Saturday due to everyone else was either flooded or really muddy. Never been here before, but heard negative things about the place. So here I go.
Lots of fields
self serve air
Covered tables with lots of shade and chairs. yes I said chairs
Cool ocean breeze
The only cons were all safety issues:
One kid was cleaning his marker around a group of 10 or so. After waiving his unplugged barrel around for awile it was time to plug in the Co2. I could see no one was going to say anything, so I did. Wow dirty looks from all his young friends. "have we become so complacent as a regular, Which he was, that all safety rules dont apply anymore.
We walked by fields with players on them and some in our walk on group didnt even care about putting on there goggles nor did the ref have his on either.
the staff is great espesially Dave (the guy who opened it) he will be really nice to you and he allway has a smile on and is a good mood. he gave me fee paint when i needed it
and a free soda he is really nice. all the staff plays paintball so they know whats up and thell give you tips on how to play. the refs are great and always make sure every thing is organized and safe. and dave thanks alot for the paint
i cant really explain the greatness of thiis field just check it out and youll love it.
if your gun is not workin then the expierenced staff will fix it for free
I love Urban Quest, it is the best field i have ever been to. The refs are young, buts thats ok they do a great job. THe food is amazing it is the best food i have ever ate. They fix your gun when ever you want them too also. The fields are always clean and the owner of the place is really nice, Dave. Urban Quest is great for begginers and advanced people.
THE FIELDS:The courses are great including a 2 speed-balls, an air-ball(which they re-did,kinda liked it better before),a house course and like 2 scenario courses. the first speedball course is made of entirely tires, different shapes and sizes with one of two mounds of dirt with cement blocks on them. The other one has those plastic thing that you like see at lazer tag places, cut in half as bunkers and there are also stacked pipes and semi-tall boards. sometimes they will use both speedball courses for one game if theres aloto people there. the airball course is pretty good except if you play them at the end of the day, they start to let the air out of them will you play, so ive gotten like screwed from the thing deflating(sucked). i don't play the woodsy scenario courses cause there pretty much a waste of paint(darn tippman hobo's). the house course is can be really fun or not at all, usually if the teams are out of whack it sucks but some serious bunkerage happens there so if ure not gonna advance, watch the corners very tightly. THE STAFF,STAGING, AND FOOD: well this doesn't have anything to do with playing paintball there but their lunch is awesome. its either BBQ chicken, garlic bread, and chili or really good pizza(not dominoes, barf). staging area is pretty good, there are about like 20 tables under an overhang to put ure crap on and eat on and then like 2 benches off to the side. its also ok to leave your stuff on the table(instead of putting lockdown on your car) because i don't think any thing has ever been stolen. Hears where it gets kinda bad. The staff are pretty much aholes majority unless your like a pro or have been playing there for like 5 years. the owner(Dave i think)AKA, Jabba the Hut, is an ahole most of time and is really rude to everyone. the other guys that work there(there on the team) are also punky and are no help. i remember one time some nooby accidentally shot the ref and the ref went balistic and shot the kid. watch out for the staff and you should be fine. THE PRICES: Any pb field can be excellent, but at what price.
PAINT(by the case, diablo or blaze usually): 65$(used to be 85 holy crap)
ALL DAY AIR(closes at 4, air ends at 3, kinda stupid): 9$
THE FOOD(super cheap): 5$
RENTAL PLAY(rent tippmans): 40$
BRING YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT: 20$
OPTIONAL FOR NOOBS BUT CAMO JUMPSUITS,(lol): FREE WITH GUN RENTAL
OVERALL / FINAL WORD: overally this is a great place to play on the weekends(there open 9:00 Saturday- sunday till 4:00) if you try hard to avoid staff(staff i guess are ok but you must know them first before they stop snickering noob behind your back). pretty average price, but i usually just play at my Friends house,(we built a trick course) so its your decision. overally i give this field a 7.8, because no field is perfect, and the staff are Losers.
paintball usa/ sc village/ tombstone/ Hollywood sports/ proving grounds
i give urban quest a 10/10. they have the best refs that are always checking the velocity and make people lower it if it is above the limit. they are very fair when it comes to making teams and making good calls on the playing field. they also let the walk on's decide where they would play next. a few times i have seen peoples guns break down, including mine, and the official gun techs have worked on them for free, at a fast rate, and with a great attitude toward all. the owner is very nice and knows very well what he is doing. he has great prices and he maintains a great field. i don't know how people got the impression that Urban Quest isn't good, but i strongly disagree because Urban Quest is by far the best field ive been to.
Urban Quest is a great field. They have great reffs, terriffic lunch, and a friendly staff and enviornment. The owner (Dave) is a really nice guy once you get to know him. Either if you are a beginner to paintball or have been playing for years, i recommend this field to you. I started as a beginner at urban quest and know i am much better.
Overall this is a great field and i reccommend it to anyone who likes paintball.
I don't know what you guys are talking about this is one if the safest and best fields around yes the refs are young but thats what makes it fun and the owner is very nice.And another good thing is that they are always willing to fix your guns for free.evey time i have been ther there they have always checked the volocity of my gun yea there will always be people who forget to put there barrel plugs in but they usually sit them out and about the refs wiping you that is to make it funner for you because its no fun to get out off the break
I really can't object to what most of the other reviews have written. After going there, they were all pretty true. I would just like to add that for the 1/2 day we played, we only did elimination. No capture the flag, no attack & defend, nothin. And to expand on what Langley just wrote, there is one small field (town I guess they call it), where the buildings are falling down. Most of the them you don't want to even think about getting in w/o a tetanus shot, but even the 1/2 way decent buildings are off limits. I don't know why we bothered playing this field, it is obviously condemned.
The general consensus among our group was that even though this field is close, it is worth the extra drive to a better field if we are going to be playing all day.
Conquest, Fields of Fire, Close Encounters, CPP, SC Village
1) The weather is nice down there in Oxnard
2) The BBQ is good and they had drinks (I got there late so I didn't get a chance to try the BBQ)
3) I usually got over 3k in air fills and the price is right ($7)
4) There was a DJ playing music when I was there
5) Friendly owner
6) BYOP (Bring Your Own Paint)
7) Competent marker tech
1) This place is a safety hazard:
- A. I walked on the field without anyone checking my velocity
- B. People were fring their loaded markers in the parking lot
- C. Players AND Refs walking on the field WITHOUT their goggles protecting their face
- D. There were players on the field who were firing their markers while other players and refs had no protection (goggles not fully on)
- E. Overshooting, blind firing, and bunkering were allowed
- F. Players were able to walk around without barrel plugs in their marker at the parking lot
2) The fields were dilapidated and look very worn.
3) The fields are also too small to accommodate more than 20 bodies.
4) There was one field way the hell down until I couldn't even see anymore. There was no way in hell I was going to walk down that far to play on that field. It reminded me of Close Encounters walk up the hill.
5) I couldn't play with "walk ons" because I was on a private group. Why do they call it the "walk on" game if a player can't walk on and play?
6) Games were slow going. I played two games in the four hours I was there
7) The road up to the field sucked
8) Finally the Refs:
- A. Urban Quest has lots of prepubescent boys ref'ing the fields
- B. The boys engaged in odd behavior (They were humping each other and one boy tried to kiss a fellow referee. That boy then proceed to voice his colorful opinion of homosexuals)
- C. While still humping each other, all seven of the boys in the private game stood in one place of the field. None of them responded to my paint checks.
- D. The refs told me to wipe during the game to stay in
- E. One ref seemed to be the 'alpha male' of the referees. He yelled at his fellow refs for not observing the game in front of customers
- F. Favortism (refs seem to put all their friends and the regulars on one team)
- G. Some of the refs were way too young, not the authoritative type
- H. Did I mention there were a lot of boys ref'ing these fields? I ain't coming back to this sausage fest again. They need some female refs like at Conquest (Hi Calais and Rosa) or at least a female cashier like at Proving Grounds.
9) Overpriced paint. ($85 for a case. Who the hell is going to pay that?)
10) Lunch maybe good but, how about the people who still want to play?
I had a bad experience that led to a bad day playing on this field. The owner was nice and the weather was chill (really no need for an easy-up). But look at the cons and go play somewhere else rather than this POS of a paintball establishment. 2/10
Last edited on Monday, October 4th, 2004 at 4:21 pm PST