Hopperz-really friendly, good prices, not enough fields to keep me coming back
PSI indoor-ok when the winter hits and you just want to shoot paint but you cant work on any skills here.
PSI outdoor-lots of different fields but lousy refs, they spend more time talking to friends then watching the fields. Team guys would play in ramping against renters in semi and nothing was done to correct the problem.
Directions to the Field:
Google maps or their website both give great directions
I went to this field for the first time looking for somewhere to practice with my RXL team last season. We wherent getting enough time at our home field due to competition from other teams. Marked welcomed us with open arms. He told us he only had one rule aside from the standard safety stuff, no bad mouthing other fields. He opened the field for us on wednesday evenings for us to practice.
I obviously went back after our first experince because there was no reason not to. They have gold quality paint for the same price as you pay for bronze at other fields. They have no field fee (although this year they are asking for donations in plce of field fees to be donated to the community). They have 5 fields last season and have 5 new ones coming this season.
The owners are nice people who genuinly care about paintball and the rep it gets in the community.
The refs are players that belong to his RXL/CX4 teams so they know how to tech guns when they go down and know the rules and safety aspects of the game.
Marked goes out of its way to encourage all players aswell as try and prevent anonnimity between other fields and teams.
If you need to rent equipment they have 2 different kinds of markers SP-1 and A-5. Both shoot well. When I started there they rented the typical JT mask that fogs up but sine then they have been replacing them with new masks that dont fog (proto I beleive)
Hopperz, (great speedball field), Paint storm,( dirty field Ive noticed though they've tried to clean it up more..still dirty though)
Directions to the Field:
4120 Vaughan side road; follow the link on there site you'll find it. :D
The first thing i noticed when i first got to Marked was i was immediately greeted by the owner with a friendly handshake, second they have a beautiful x ball field with safely surrounded by netting. ( they also have numerous other fields all greatly maintained and safe to play ball in). 3rd they have a great trailer they rent there equipment out of and sell there paint out of. speaking of rentals and paint there rental equipment is mint. They rent smart parts sp1's, which are very clean, and reliable. And there paint, for the price you cant go wrong, paint is a very good tourney grade paint i must of shot 10 cases of it so far and maybe had like 1 or 2 break because my hopper died and my eyes were off :P as far as reffing goes the refs are great, they make good/fair calls and are very friendly. that all goes for the same for the staff. There teams are great to, and very friendly and will answer any question you may have to ask. Food. If your hungry or thirsty they Carry a variety of drinks and chips.and will sometimes go out of there way to order pizza for who ever wants some.
They have a few porta-potty to in-case you have to use the washroom, they are clean and sanitary. No walk on fee's or field fee's!!!
Last edited on Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 at 1:39 pm PST
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion on the comments page.
Period of Field Use:
November 21st, 2009
Other Fields in the Area:
hopperz- Great xball field, Unfriendly refs, Couldnt give a rats a** about saftey.
Paintstorm- skating rink, fun if your starting out but nothing special after that.
JT- RIP OFF so expensive and only woodsball
Directions to the Field:
Google maps im not typing them all out.
How do you start:
- Multiple fields all in great shape very well maintained.
- Paint amazing prices for hellfire paint probably best bang for your buck around.
- Personalities everyone is so friendly and welcoming.
- Literaly everything!
- Safety, by far the safest field around
- The fact that not everyone plays there!
I would recomend this field to anyone in a heart beat. This field is by far the best field ive ever played on. I can say that if you go there you will not come back unsatisfied. GO ALREADY
Honestly....Follow the Website directions they will take you right to the Yellow Gates of Marked Paintball:
* • Head West on the 417 towards Arnprior
* • Once you have passed the ScotiaBank Place and [HWY 7], Exit at March Rd (#155) heading towards Almonte.
* • Turn Right onto [HWY 3] - Upper Dwyer Hill Road (Heading North)
* • Turn Left at the second street on your left - Vaughan Side Road (Heading West)
* • Go up the hill and you can't miss the driveway.
Where to begin with Marked Paintball…
You get to these massive Yellow Farm gates and you see a Black Marked Paintball SUV and you think…I will turn in here cause it looks kind of like the place and common sense says…it is.
Then you start driving down a gravel road about 1000 feet and your thinking…WHERE AM I GOING???!?!?! You kind of get scared because you can not see anything and you think maybe…just maybe some farmer is going to shoot me!
Then you pass this massive 10 foot high Berm wall and you see a ton of cars and beautiful netting and a staging area and you realize…BAM you are there.
You get out of the car and you are greeted right away by someone…I have to say I have played at many fields and from the phone call to the first time I spoke with someone…Their staff is great, they go out of their way to make you feel at ease and are extremely friendly. A+++ For that.
Ok….Here we go:
- SAFE - You guys are by far the only paintball park I have ever been to in Ottawa and the only one I feel 100% safe at. They have 2 fields you can see right off the bat with netting like 15 feet in the air. Their target range is completely netted as well, then there is an entrance way to go to some of the other fields…and once again, netted. I spoke to one of the Refs there and they said there was over $12000 spent on Safety netting and poles alone in the park…so far.
- PRICE – First of all, every place I ever go to…the first thing I ask for is a Case of paint…Cause well that’s always the cheapest way to buy paint at a paintball field. Right away I was asked by the guy behind the counter if I was going to shoot 2000 balls in my first game. I replied no and they said they recommended only buying 500Balls at a time. Long story short…they basically break the price of their case ($100) up in 4….so you don’t have to buy a whole case to get savings. There is NOT 1 other place I have ever played at that does this. The guy said the reason they do this is to not force people to over spend when they come to play and they have a temp controlled room which is kept at 18 to ensure paint does not change its consistency. WOW, it’s like a science…great stuff! A+++
- VALUE - $25 for a Bag of 500 Paintballs…Tournament grade! A+++++ Every other place you go, they charge at least $45 for a bag of Average Bronze or lower quality paint. This is a Gold paintball for less money, why would you even want to pay to play somewhere else.
- NO FEES – YA, NO FEES…no walk on fees, no air fees…no fees. Unheard of! I own my own gear and I can play paintball for the day on $25! A+++
- FIELDS – The currently have 5 open fields while I was there, with some others being revamped and what not. They have an Official Size XBALL Field…SICK! Great to play on and had like a viewing area so people could take pics and stuff. They have 2 open fields and 2 Bush Fields on top of that. Love the Scenarios in the fields! Great time! A+
- LUNCH - $5=2 Slices of Milano’s Pizza, 1 Pop and a Jumbo Freezie…It’s a steal! I heard one of the refs say they don’t actually sell Food and stuff…they just pass the prices they pay onto the clients. Works for ME! A++
- GAME PLAY – When I was there, there were 3 groups each group had their own 2 refs with them. It was great, so we didn’t have to get blended into 1 big group. Refs seem to keep games moving too, this I liked a lot…usually I find there is too much sitting around in most parks…not enough PLAYING…isn’t this where fields make their money? Why not keep us going? A+
- AIR FILLS – They have their own compressor…this I find is rare these days. They do full 3000 PSI and 4500 PSI fills….on two separate push button stations. This means you can fill yourself on the fly if you wish and not have to wait for noobs with the 3000 Can (sorry…I know I was once too a noob) Im just saying… : ) A+++
- RENTALS – I went with 2 buddies who had to rent. OK, prob about 90% of most places I have ever gone to have carried 98 Tippmann Customs. My buddy said he couldn’t believe how immaculate the Smart Parts SP-1’s where kept. He didn’t have one break all they and his gun was full electronic. I didn’t try it but didn’t hear anyone complain. A+
- CONSTRUCTION – seems like there is always something going on, it could have been just that day…but a lot of guys working around. This could be a PRO being that they are always improving but I don’t know.
- RENTALS – I over heard some people complaining about Masks Fogging…I talked to the ref and he said that the Lens were Thermal and that they are Anti-Fog Lens. Proto Rental Mask…I didn’t rent just trying to make a “fair” judgment.
OVERALL I GIVE IT A 9.7 OUT OF 10
WORTH IT, CHECK IT OUT!
NEXT ON THE REVIEW LIST: COMMANDO PAINTBALL
Last edited on Friday, August 28th, 2009 at 3:02 am PST
JT's - Alright, but only 1 field as fun as the fields at Marked
Paint storm indoor - I found this field to be very small but I enjoyed the inflatable bunkers.
Hopperz - Some neat fields, the refs aren't as nice or mature tho.
Commando's - I haven't played there yet I hear the paint is pretty expensive...
Directions to the Field:
LOL, don't do like I did and pull into the house!!
There is a road to the actual paintball field located just before the 4120 lot, if you're coming form Upper Dwyer to Vaughn side rd.
As a pretty new player, I have played the different fields in the Ottawa area to get a better feel for the sport. I've played frequently after giving into my addicted friends' push into the sport hehe. I now own all my own gear, but I have to say back in the renting days Marked had the cleanest gear and it was pretty high quality too. They shoot SP-1's i believe or you can get a Vibe to try speed ball there. They don't rent our cover-all's so bring your own - I asked the owner why not, he explained how it's not very hygienic. Oh ya the guns shoot on a line :).
If I had to choose my FAVOURITE thing about marked: the fields are SO BEAUTIFUL LOOKING and inspire CREAVTIVE AND TACTICAL GAMEPLAY!!! u really should look at their website to see the pictures of these.
Taking into account the prices, rules, refs, the actual players who go to play at marked, the lunch etc... I have to say Marked is my favourite field in Ottawa! (I've never played outside of ottawa tho haha so I couldn't say more than that).
omg almost forgot the AMAZING paint u shoot at Marked. DraxXxus GOLD it's so nice - dishonest players can't even wipe it off the fill is so thick lol! and it still is fully bio degradable and I can wash it off of a white shirt.
ONLY thing to improve - right now the fields are best played as 5 on 5 to 10 on 10. I wanna see some huge fields. According to the owner they're clearing and building something like an 8 acre field in the woods... LOL that oughta do it!!
Last edited on Thursday, August 13th, 2009 at 9:32 am PST
I have played on quite a few fields and I have to say that the cleanest and best priced field has to be Marked. They are always changing the fields and always building new ones. It's run by a husband and wife who are friendly and knowledgeable of the sport and equipment. I have not gone to another paintball field yet this year and I don't think I will be. Great place, I think everyone should go!
One of the biggest thing I love about Marked Paintball is the price, simply put it is the best in town or anywhere else I have been. Also, service is great, refs and the owner actually know their stuff and is familiar with the equipment they rent and service.
The games are well ran and the owners' attention to detail is simply impeccable creating an environment where paintballers can relax have fun and network. I have already recommended many of my cowokers and friends to Marked Paintball and I definately would give this place an awesome review.
Marked - Great Speedball (CXBL Field) , awesome woodsball fields
Marked is awesome! They take pride in their work and their field, and strive to be the best. The owner is a no-BS kinda guy and is very honest to his customers. The fields are awesome, they recieved a lot of attention when being built and it shows when you're playing there. Their paint shoots amazing, and the on site compressor makes 4500PSI fills available which is awesome. If you're looking for a solid field with great refs who enforce safety, and a good friendly atmosphere go check out Marked Paintball, you will get addicted!
Great fields, great scenarios. I played these fields a few years ago (when they first opened I think) and they were pretty good then, I played again last month and they've come a long way since.
Prices are lower than most..
Refs/rules were good..
Their bushball fields are awesome!!
The target range is sweet!!
Can't wait for their X-ball field....
Chatted with the owners for a bit, great couple. It makes a huge difference when the people running the fields know what they're talking about. The owner (huge guy) knows everything there is to know about paintball, refs were good, food was good, great common area to take a break......Overall, very impressed
Ranked at the top in the area in my books. !!!!
Gotta check out Marked Paintball...