xteme powerball worst place ever jaque needs to learn what the hell hes doing, t-2 not to bad been to better places, been to worse
Directions to the Field:
from highway 401 get off in lancaster exit, turn left, the right again onto highway 2 next to macewens gas station
Anyone reading this who goes there regularly progably has seen or played with me on any given sunday. first off
1. reffing - eric always does a top notch job since hes usually the poor sap out there, chances are if hes barking an order is cause you were caught cheating or breaking one of rollies 3 simple rules
2. The "office" is jsut as good as any place for what ya have to do in it.
3. Paint, children under 14 that play sometimes are givin the zap paint casue its cheaper for them to play and they are usually only shooting 10 balls a game for fear of being hit, if ya got that paint when ya went there it was cause ya were being a jerk, everyone one else will be using draxxus.
4. The infamous firing squad, ah fond memoies having been up there myself once when i was a nooby for not having a barrel plug in my gun. its the price you pay for putting yourself and possibly other players in the chance of getting injured, suck it up ya dam cry babies its 3 shots deal with it.
5. If your a guy, use the forest taking a leak in nature is something we have all done, if a female happens to be on the field rollie lets em go to the bathroom in his house next to the field
6. Place is great playing there always offers great games, tons of fun and the price is great 40$ lasts ya the day supposing ya arnt a paint slinger. As as of last year hes got decent field markers, including a a-5 and several 98customs and a few fokus markers.
7. people are stating that he fails to enforce rules, but those of u who have been to extreme powerball know that jaque doesnt enfore the rules to the people spending a fair bit of cash there are exempt from the rules are the refs and owner turn a blind eye to any wrong doings.
conclusion: general splaters a great place to play some pb, have a good time and creat tons of great gaming experiences, while poweball should consider changing its name to xtreme crap cause thats all that field is good for.
General Splatters, has everything you need to have an amazing day of paintballing. There is a variety of paint to chose from, good quality equipement, and great service. Friendliest staff you'll ever meet. As for the prices, I haven't found or heard of a place that beats them. There is a variety of playing fields and theyre all fun to play in. I would suggest general splatters to anyone looking to have a great day of paintballing.
I like it over all .
Its a big feild and the prices a hard to beat. All the paint I used that day was perfect and I didnt break a shot. I was using Blaze but he also had some Midnight and some other Draxxus stuff. I thought I was going to get pretty much all the kills but the Tippmann rentals gave me a heck of a challenge. We played against these guys from some camp site that Rolly nicknamed ''The Campers'' . They were all using rentals but good ones. The Fokus's and Tippmanns all have 14 inch progressive barrels and the players all got guppies from the owner. I had fun and liked this one part of the feild especialy. Its called Hamburger Hill and its near the castle . In this part theres hills that looked bombed out and long grass for sniping the enemy . The thick leafy trees make it harder to see so it gives you a jungle type image and plays out real well. I liked the way he treated all the players. He made jokes and had fun looking at us put our friends up against the firering squad wall. If that last part cunfuses you I'll explain it. Instead of kicking you out or yelling at you like some other feilds when you break the rules, he made up this punishment rule wich makes you go up against the wall. Then you have to pick some of your friends out to shoot you. If the wall wont make you learn then you arn't mature enough to play paintball.The bathroom isnt the nices thing in the world but I guess if you really have to go its there for you lol. I had an awsome time hangin out with the general and I know I'm going there instead of extreme in cornwall or t-2. I like the open space this feild has and hope to see you there .
Last edited on Tuesday, June 1st, 2004 at 6:12 pm PST
T2, arnold's indoor, outdoor, been to skorpion, and warzone.
First of all, i would like to update all the bad reviews with some updates. In response to YodaRules:
1. PAINT: Rollie(the jolly owner and operator) buys "good" paint now, Diablo stuff, just like all the other "real fields", so no more factory reject paint. If he gave you sh!tty paint it's prolly cuz you were being and a$$
2. iNFRSTRUCTURE: The "office" is still there, and it works just fine. Dont see what this problem is
3. BATHROOMS: The general is getting a sceptic system soon, so that you can take a crap in full comfort, geeze, what ever happened to nature?
4. GUNS: No more of the good old mirages, which he still has btw, now he's using premium Tippmann 98's with progressive barrels, very nice, and running on vert feed fokuses as well. A little note on this one, my cocker was being a beeotch one day (burst the cup seal), so i grabbed one of the fokuses and had a great day. Only two breaks all day, and i shot over 1000 balls. Barrel length doesnt matter for sh!t anyways
5. AIR: CO2 standard, plenty of it. The tanks are a little old, but pretty much indestructible. HPA is available upon request(call in advance), but only in 3000 psi fills. But this isnt a problem for me.
6. As for the rednecks, i dunno wtf he's talking about.
7. FIRING SQUAD: Nothing wrong with this. I would much prefer this than having some pr!c ref chew me out about how i'm a fvckin moron and then kicking me off the field. Let me tell you, once it happens once, everone makes damn sure that they're barrel plugs are in and their masks stay on. Safety is only good if everyone follows the rules. I've been at T2 and seen shots being popped off in the staging area and no one said anything at all, they didnt even notice. This way, everyone learns the rules. C'mon here guys, if you cant even follow simple directions, i think a little "reminder" is always a good idea.
8. Rollie knows a whole lot about paintball, hell, he's managed to maintain a field with 60+ guns that require maintenace and cleaning, for more than ten years. In this business, that is an accomplishment.
9. No YodaRules, the worst field you have ever been to is XTreme PowerBall.
and now K-Prime:
1.SAFETY: I would have to agree somewhat, sometimes the two panel fence bothers me, a chain link would help me sleep better, BUT, in all my time pballing there, i have never ever seen an accident because rollie takes an active approach in watching everyone. Safety is very important to me, and i would like to see a little more in the way of barriers, but once again, i have NEVER seen an accident happen, so something must be happening right
2.INSURANCE: I'm pretty sure he's insured now by an insurace company.
NOW FOR MY REVIEW
This field can easily accomodate large groups of 50. It's well equipped and has enough size.
The field is huge. At it's longest(the village), it probably approaches the length of a full football field, and maybe as wide.A speedball village in the middle, a castle for good scenarios, and a huge forest on the south side of the field that Rollie is expanding and digging foxholes and trench systems in. The grass is well cut and the field is always in good condition. Even the more advanced players are presented with a challenge, because there are plenty of places to hide in. I'm a pretty seasoned player, but i always get sniped by noobs that pop out at the last second.
The bunkers are made from old barnwood painted white, so there are plenty of cracks to get shot through, or to shoot through. It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're allowed to shoot through cracks BEFORE you start the game. Some of the buildings are on the verge of falling over, but Rollie always props em up with some more wood. Industrial barrels, trenches, tires, a half ton truck, a forest trail, a castle that is hard to attack and hard to defend, two bridges, and a full grown unkepmt forest provide enough variety for all style players.
Prices are AWESOME, period. For 45 bucks, you get a bag of diablo and all the equipment you need. Masks are in good shape, and the guns are very nice. If you have your own equpment, it's 40 bucks, for 500 balls! I always have fun whenever i go out to this field. There is always so much space to move around and try new moves out there.
As for the shack, i love the shack. It serves it's purpose.
Listen up little ones, this is the big boy talking now: this is the ultimate field. Nice people, always some good players there, everyone is willing to help you, not an impersonal field like some others. T2, and all those others, do not compare. This is an entirely different paintball experience.
i'm giving it a 9.5/10, but have to give it a ten because of this system, and to bring the rating up, cause 7.5 dosent do this field justice
btw, if you have a problem with rollie, challenge him to a one on one to settle it, he'll be ready for it before you, tell him JP sent your sorry a$$ for a beatin
peace out ppl, and try it before you bash it
Last edited on Monday, May 31st, 2004 at 5:54 pm PST
etreme paintball in cornwall-compared to general splatters. Extreme BLOWS!!
this field is the best ever!!
the fiel is awsome , its like warfare, there's a car a castle, two forest, the village is awsome, his bunkers are handmade and are farmost the best, because theres little crack to give players too shoot little campers.
His safety rule the "firing squad" is a good for too learn safety, if your mask is off in the field or your barrel plug isint on in the safety zone,you pick three of your buddies too shot til they hit u. GREAT WAY TOO BE SAFE, cause if u break the rule you deserve too get shot.
the prices are the best ive ever seen.
i say that this place is the best and people in that area have to try this place out
rolly the owner acually gets out on the field and plays!!
unlike little lazy asses at other places!!
BEST FIELD EVER!!!!!!!!!
They're old school, really old school, they should be museum pieces. And they suck, big time, so don't rent, or make sure you get one of the few tipmann 98's. I'm pretty sure the general's (Rolly) getting a new set of guns this season (he's been meaning to for awhile now).
Grade A stuff, always name brand top quality draxxus blaze or midnight. I don't know what's up with the zap crap. I guess if you got it he didn't like you, lol. Just call in advance for good stuff.
There's a huge forest patch for rec ball, a rickety village with towers and all the usual obstacles for speed ballers and a really neat assualt the castle type one.
The castle is basically a tower complete with surrounding walls and a network of moats, bridges and ditches. Behind that there's the Hoo Chi Man (spelling?) trail for really fast and furious matches on a narrow path containinglots of hills and crevices for quick cover. Lots of room for huge battles. Having 30 on 30 games over varied terrain is a ton of fun that few fields in Ontario and Quebec can match unless you rake out serious dough for the pleasure.
You can't beat the price, period. This place is catered more towards the wild, older paint balling crowd, hence the crappy rentals and nice rule enforcement. It's not like other fields where the ref taps you on the shoulder and you get kicked, no warning for lifting your helmet, forgetting your barrely plug or some other safety rule. You get the ultimate in justice and accident prevention: the firing squad. No more squabbling and whining about the rules. It's simple, and it works. Only the newbies and kids whine about it because remembering 3 simple rules is too hard, or they're sissies. The bathroom facilities are crap, so use what nature intended; the great out doors for that always spring fresh smell. And lastly, but not least, the General is quite a character, ask about his vacations some time.
Last edited on Monday, February 2nd, 2004 at 5:45 pm PST
Dude, this field rocks. It's the only place where I've seen the owner get out on the field and rush the front with the young guys. For a 50 something guy he's got balls of steel. The prices are unbeatable by the bigger fields, I'm talking $30 canadian for a bag of 500 balls, plus $10 if you happen to need a rental.
Sure you can complain about the "firing squad" rule enforcement, but if you ask me, if you're stupid enough to take your mask off on field, or walk off without a barrel plug, you deserve to get shot.
And I love the bathroom. Oak trees make for good urinals. Besides, someone is always willing to take the girls down to the truck stop to take a leak. Oh and don't dis the shack, the shack rocks your socks off.
Over all, this guy gives you the best bang for your buck. The paint shoots fine (he either has Blaze or Midnight most of the time) , the markers are great ever since he got the new Focuses. All of you who complain about Rollie's field are wussing it up. Suck it up and play some ball dammit!
Last edited on Monday, February 2nd, 2004 at 3:51 pm PST
Ok. I cannot say enough bad things about this field.
Pros: Big Field
Cons: Paint is crap its this scented zap crap that brakes like once out of 20 shots, it curves in the air if it accually gets out of the barrel..... just crap paint. The safe area is the equivalent of just standing in the middle of the playing field with your mask off. The "safe area" is just a fence seperating the field from the sitting area. The "office" if you can call it that is like a little shack thats roof falls down in the wind. This bathroom is bassically an out house with a bucket inside. The rental gun can fire like 1 ball every 5 seconds that is if the ball doesn't chop. I had the misfortune of using one of their rentals and it had like a 3" barrel on it. So i asked for a longer barrel and he gives me a 5" one. Also there was a bunch of rednecks sitting around drinking beer between rounds. One last complaint is the penalty for taking your mask off on the field is the "firing squad". How sick is that, u get shot once in the back by everyone playing. That is definatley not how you enforce saftey. Oh ya the owner knows nothing about paintball.
Conclusion: This is by far the worst field ive ever been to.
Xtreme Powerball (in Cornwall, about 10 - 20 minutes down the road)
Although this field has alot of potential, it falls severely short of ever achieving it.
Pros - Good outdoor field, well laid out with diverse terain
- Castle is an added bonus, not quite what you would expect, but a fort like building
none the less
Cons - Saftey is almost non existent here. Removal of goggles on the field results in the
"Firing Squad", which is just what you would expect, an execution type punishment
- The only barrier that exists between the field and the goggles off area is a low fence
with two horizontal boards ( A guy got hit in the back of the leg in the saftey area
when i was there).
- The main building, where you sign up, is falling apart, there are piles of unclean
equipment in the corner, the roof covering falls off in the wind, and the owner knows
almost nothing about his own buisness.
- Although nitro is available you need to call ahead, and even then its not for sure
So as stated above this filed is very lacking in saftey, and from what I've heard, thier only insurance is the waver. The rental equipment is horrible to say the least, mirages with hoppers more tape than plastic. The paint, i cant drone on enough about the paint. My cocker was crying because of it, some kind of scented zap that would bounce off a brick wall from 5 feet, if it could hit it.
Apart from the operation of the field, however, the actual playing area isn,t all that bad. Good for senarios i would imagine.
I give it a 2, it gets an extra point because of the field itself.
Nice setup, me and my friends always take the trenches and the castle cuz u can see the whole field but its the hot zone of the field so u can get pinned easily and it gives you a huge rush. the villiage is cool to there is a church with a nice tower. there is also a creek which is a good defense if your playing flag. The forest trails arent bad and a good, cheap and easy way to flank the opposing team if their in the castle. Overall a very well made field. I would recommend you to visit general splatters if your in the area.