Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tippmann (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Upgrades Q&A Thread (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113811)

llSmithll 01-16-2003 04:21 PM

Upgrades Q&A Thread

well, it seems like people are tired of the old one, and tired of sifting thru all the 10000 pages on it :cool:
so, heres the new one

have a question about that upgrade thats burning a hole in your pocket? ask, for ye shall be answered

heres the Link to the old one for all who need the urge to read:dizzy:
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...threadid=20746

keyhead 01-17-2003 11:33 AM

I guess I'll ask the first question... Why is this a sticky so soon?

llSmithll 01-17-2003 01:46 PM

cause i asked C4pyro to sticky it, cause i got mad at the oldone drifting thru pbreview forum cyberspace, AND WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH TIPPMANN PRODUCTS UPGRADES?:pissed:

SoulFire 01-19-2003 07:36 AM

Flatline Barrel

Hey guys, just got my tippmann 98 Custom..help me out.. should i get the flatline barrel system?? pros?? cons?? let me know..
Email: Sfy03@aol.com

llSmithll 01-19-2003 07:40 AM

flatline barrels...good range, but horrible accuracy if not properly set up right, not to mention a pain in the arse to clean if a ball breaks. there are better barrels out there

The Terminator 01-21-2003 02:56 PM

I got a question, I want to put a reg (Palmer stabalizer) on my marker. When I get the vertical adapter installed, do I need a Male P. Stab, Inline P. Stab, Female P. Stab, or a Direct P. Stab? I want it to be hooked into the vertical adapter.

llSmithll 01-22-2003 01:46 PM

male

E r y k 02-05-2003 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I need help, i want to make my tippy unique... attached is an image i made of what i want my setup to be, any help would be appreciated...

llSmithll 02-05-2003 02:14 PM

hmmm...

got it

take a 90 degree from the dropforward, and aim it so it goes forard *down the barrel, if you get my drift* then add an on/off switch *not really important, but it adds length, and function* then add another 90, so that it aims straight up and into the palmer

if your worried about the threads to the power tube...id get a drillpress and make the hole a little wider going into the body, ie, where the bottom line hooks upto

how long the line sould be?? i cant tell you, is that picture drawn to scale?

Turambar 02-05-2003 06:46 PM

Are you looking to use SS or macro? I'd say probably 6-7 inches (if you don't mind having it loop) just to be safe.

I went to Palmers website and they say the direct will not fit the Model 98. If they mean just because the threads aren't long enough, I am not sure if you can make the threads longer. So you may be out of luck. For $120 straight from Palmers you can do a female setup. $90 for the reg, $30 for the block mount, but you can't use a guage with the block. Or $109 with a ring mount and you can use a guage. And you will still be unique.

FEMALE
DIRECT

llSmithll 02-05-2003 06:49 PM

yeah, but eryks been bent on having that dropforward for quite some time
im sure you could find a half inch steel hose extension, or...try and fit another on/off on the bottom of the power tube, now THAT would be unique, maybe making an entire bottomline out of on/off valves... MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHaahahahahah *ok scotty, take it DOWN a notch* mhaah, ok, im done

Turambar 02-05-2003 07:00 PM

He can use the drop and the female stab. the female will just mount to the drop and he can screw the tank in the stab and blammo, it's done. I personally doubt that you will find a half inch ss hose. But if he does..then it'll work for him.

E r y k 02-06-2003 05:18 PM

i will email palmer in a couple of days...

btw, will i need a chrono when i install all this stuff??

Turambar 02-06-2003 08:41 PM

When you install, no, you won't need one. But when you are adjusting the input pressure it'd be a good idea to use a chrono. Once it's installed you adjust the velocity with the reg.

E r y k 02-07-2003 12:53 PM

so i can forget about the velocity adjuster? should i screw it all the way in or out?? or just leave it??

llSmithll 02-07-2003 02:13 PM

i dont think thats how it works...but, id get a palmer with a dial, and then see what psi you want to use, then adujst the velocity with the the veloicty adjuster, the one on the bottom is for psi

Turambar 02-10-2003 06:47 PM

Since I have no actual experience with them I can't say for sure. Talk to someone like Natural Newbie.

But I think you just leave the velocity screw backed out some and adjust the input pressure from the reg, which will adjust your velocity as well.

E r y k 02-11-2003 03:43 PM

yea, i've emailed palmer to no avail... i dont think he will ever reply. Mike from countypaintball isn't 100% sure, and i've talked to NN.

llSmithll 02-11-2003 03:52 PM

it took the dudes at palmer about 1 week and a half, if you see a email with INFORMATION as the sender, its palmer

E r y k 02-13-2003 01:07 PM

:pissed: crap i just got their email and they said that the valve couldnt handle all that... should i listen to them??

I've already seen a pic of tippy with it set up like that..