Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strategies and Tactics (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Snap Shooting Tips (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125275)

unipaintball 03-06-2003 05:22 PM

Snap Shooting Tips

Can anybody gimme some good tips on how to snap shoot?

thanks
Nick

bluesboyk3 03-16-2003 02:00 PM

tips

Neways, here's what I do (bare w/ me, I still need to practice this A LOT !!) :
1. Make sure u tuck in tight, kneeling down on both knee is a good idea. If u wanna do it on one knee and w/ one feet, be careful not to expose ur toe, I've shot a couple of people this way.
2. Be aware of ur surounding, thou this (snap shooting) might be applying to one on one situation, u don't want some other guy at the other team waiting for u to pop out, while ur concentrating to take s/one else.
3. Do it fast ! 2 or 3 shots max
4. Know where ur target is and be ready to aim before u even coming out of ur bunker.
5. Don't come out at the same spot. Try standing and kneeling or come out of the other side of the bunker if u know u're safe.
6. Most people like to post ( i know i do) at the same spot, learn their habit and spring out at the least expected moment.

Well all those stuff might not be in order, and I sure didn't do all of them when I'm playing. And like I said, I'm no way an expert in this. Thx for all the web resources out there, oh pls correct me if i'm wrong. thx !

Vaypourus 03-16-2003 03:08 PM

Since this is asked quite a bit, it is now a sticky. I will work on getting some of the past threads merged in here....PM me with any in particular.

Cadet2005 03-16-2003 05:33 PM

Here are some ideas:

The first thing you must do is get used to firing under fire. You can do it in practice again and again but remember that ultimately you are not playing in a vacuum and you must be used to how to respond when the paint starts flying everywhere including when rounds come flying against your bunker you will flinch so you must be prepared how to jump back and forth.

Another tip is to get as low to the ground as you can, I recommend prone if you aren't going anywhere quickly but if you plan on advancing or falling back stay in a crouch. The smaller the target the less liekly you are to get hit. By staying low to the ground, you also allow nature to take more of a toll on the paintball and it is harder to compensate.

Always know where you are going to shoot before you do. when you come out, you must be prepared to fire. Remember, you aren't going to hit diddly more than likely so be prepared to just put them behind cover, so a shot close by will work just about as well as a hit. Peek around the corner, size up your opponent andbring your gun up, set yourself into a tuck and then pop out, staying no longer than two or three shots. Snap back, assess their response and then respond accordingly.

Good luck...I will post more if I think of any.

Blacksheep 03-17-2003 03:09 AM

Snap Shooting-

Build a mental picture of the field so you know where you will be aiming your marker (to be effective, you must had already learned to shoot accurately at all ranges).

Bring your gun up behind the bunker so you don't have to waste precious milliseconds raising it when you are exposed to enemy fire.

Pop out of the bunker, pound the area quickly and pop back in, do not fallow your rounds to the target or you will get eliminated quickly

Here's the scoop...

If I want to move from one bunker to another I will crough with me opposite leg (opposite of the shooint arm; if I'm shooting lefty, my right leg is in) ready to push myself out of the bunker after suppressing the other guy. In most cases, because of the stability of crouching, I find this better because it allows me mobility but more stability.

Kneeling also can work.

I like to stay tight but I play front usually; back players usually play off the bunker to get better angles, but front players really need to stay tight to the bunker or another player might get an angle on them.

And just a quick note...practice shooting a lot. You should be good enough to be able to hip shoot at a target from about 15m away +/- some. You must immediatly be able to see and aquire a target and then put rounds on it. This isn't surgical precision, out is out!

bryane99 03-19-2003 08:14 AM

heres something to try

ive seen noobs do this when they try to shoot the stick their gun forward thats not a good idead then then youll be out longer trying to get your gun back in so th best thing to do is pop out shoot a few then go back in

jdw_56 03-22-2003 03:09 PM

shizzle my nizzle, drills people drills!

basically you all know what snap shooting is so i aint gonna go into that.

heres a drill:
get yourself situated behind a bunker.
across the field, or wherever you expect an opponent will be, place a 2liter bottle on the edge of the prop. this will simulate pretty much the size of the target you will be shooting at.
tuck in, pop out and put a few on the bottle, then get back in.
while you're doing this have a spotter behind the bunker with the bottle. the spotter will be evaluating how long you are vulnerable, your profile, and your accuracy.

great drill to buck up them skeelz yo.

Mr. Kitty 03-29-2003 06:41 AM

Check out PBStar.com for a big article on snap shooting.

- Mr. Kitty :freak:

the other one 03-29-2003 10:07 PM

yeah, look in a mirror and practice keeping as little of you as possible. (like, sit back from the mirror a ways and pop in and out of the viewing area, seeing yourself each time)

you could try to practice the quick shooting by just filling up your tank without any paint, and doing it in your house. be aware, parents might not approve.

im not responsible for your stoopid actions.

CoryTLElect 04-01-2003 07:34 PM

just thought o this
Stick your head out the left side,
bring it back reel quik,
then keep doing it for awhile,
then in less than like two secs come out o the right side and suprise the heck outta the person on you and rapid fire 3 or 4 shots then go back in.

Or you could do it vise versa.:D

Infiltrator 04-07-2003 09:57 AM

Remember to always keep your gun hidden but close to your face when you are looking for the target to snapshoot. I locate people in there bunkers easier when they fail to do this. You always see their barrel poking out of the side of the bunker.

hitNrun 04-10-2003 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jdw_56
shizzle my nizzle, drills people drills!

basically you all know what snap shooting is so i aint gonna go into that.

heres a drill:
get yourself situated behind a bunker.
across the field, or wherever you expect an opponent will be, place a 2liter bottle on the edge of the prop. this will simulate pretty much the size of the target you will be shooting at.
tuck in, pop out and put a few on the bottle, then get back in.

great drill to buck up them skeelz yo.

thats what i do, but to add, i ussually have a 20oz. (did use a 2liter, but i got good, now i use the 20oz. harder, but improves, over time) but have like 4 on a bunker, one on the left side bottom, right side bottom, in the middle, left side top... you get the point, but i just pop out and try to hit a different one everytime..... i do it at either around 70ft. or at 35 or so..... works great....

Cadet2005 04-10-2003 06:52 PM

One idea to try: skeet shooting only paintball style with a frisbee...work on shooting at guys on the run, and it can also be secured to the back of a bunker to work on head-type shots.

KoRnMaN 04-13-2003 09:46 AM

If this is not a repeat never watch your snap shots hit.

Havoc Hunter 04-28-2003 04:54 PM

lol

Quote:

Originally posted by KoRnMaN
If this is not a repeat never watch your snap shots hit.
lol, ya, or the lovely view will turn one color...

I have to say, this thread is very helpful. I play mainly woods and often times there are not even bunkers, just trees. So, when I go to a field Im not nearly as good, cuz I have no experience there. This should help. Thanks.

Loki21 05-01-2003 04:53 AM

1. Work out your abs. Helps you be repetative on the field.
2. Make sure you elbows are tucked inwords.
3. No matter how small you think you are. You can most likely be tucked more.

jonhson_rogers 05-07-2003 04:16 PM

thats my bannana!! last time i give you people cool stuff...

anyho about the snap shooting, every one covered it. just make sure you dont get shot i the foot if your tall like me (happens alot)

clayman 05-10-2003 09:59 PM

snap shooting wonder

I am a front man all the way and am decent at snap shooting but the other day at a field my team mate , who is not really experienced did the most amazing thing.
I was playing aginst him and after a wile the teams dwindled down to two on two and his tippmann98C started sounding funny and I cam to the conclusion that he was out of paint:laugh: so I told the other person on my team and he advanced him a little but suddenly he was out :eek: and the other oposing player had no angle on him,well after the game I asked him about it and it turned out that he ad picked up a stray ball off the ground a shot once and nailed him in the leg with his stock model 98c:D got to give him props.

Halliday 05-17-2003 04:23 PM

1) Aim at your target before any part of you is exposed.
2) Don't watch to see if you hit.
3) If I'm really in a jam, I start shooting BEFORE I pop out. Just make sure you're not so close to your bunker that you spray yourself.

JTramoDude 05-23-2003 11:34 AM

another thing...... this helps mostly for tucking... i know ur not supposed to see then when u snap shoot.. but

close one eye....

well you already should be shooting on the correct hand for the side... ex: if ur going out left side, shoot lefty, right side shoot righty

howwever, ontop of that, close one eye... when i dont.... as im peeking out a side i tend to peek out alot further... so if im going out the rigth side, i close my left eye so im not tempted to bring my head out far enough to use my left eye... and i pretty much sight down the groove of my bushmaster milling, with my head behind the gun.

'Jim