Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Low-End Mechanical Markers (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Secret Trigger Mod (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1293)

TLplus84 02-15-2001 01:18 PM

LOL i know everyone has been dieing for this right? I have to tell you this is a very very very small mod, but it does reduce the pull. Here it is:

WHen you pull the trigger, the sear gets pivoted, releases he striker, adn the sear comes back down and rests on a pin. If you put a sleeve on that pin, the sear is seated lower, thus it will take less trigger movement to release the striker. If your gun won't cock, use a thinner sleeve. I've also tried sponge, and taht seems to work ok too. Just get something underneath that sear, something small, and it will seat the sear lower. If it doesn't cock, remember take the item(sponge, sleeve, cloth) and get something thinner..its confusing but that's the best i could explain it.

TLplus84 02-16-2001 12:02 PM

don't take out the safety...it's illegal at most fields to not have a safety on your gun. ALso, it won't shorten the pull if you take out hte safty. that's jsut a myth..my friend tried it and all it did was add another hole for dirt and dust to get in. hey i sed i'd post it and i did right~? :D

bran 04-26-2001 04:45 AM

Heres an idea. I used the end of a large diameter ball point pen as a sleve (the part where the ink is in. just cut about an inch off the top where there's no ink)
then to adjust the hight I rolled some electric tape around the sleve. it worked great for me and it was very easy to adjust

oh and just incase anyone is wondering the pen i used was a sanford uniball gell grip pen

mikek2111987 06-24-2001 07:34 AM

some guy did that at pbdojo, i followed his ics but did what TLplus84 said to http://forums.paintballdojo.com/show...5&pagenumber=2
i dont know y but for me the pics dont work anymore

high adjucator 09-02-2001 03:47 PM

haha u weaklings!!! you think that is good try this!!!!!!

(dont do both it once i dont think it will work!)

alright this will get long and read the whole thing before performing!!!
(this cannot mess up your gun and if it does you did somth9ing EXTREMELY WRONG)
ok first you get a rubber band like that on braces and some tape (lots of it your going to be experimenting with the amounts)
anyways you put about 3 rolls of tape (cut the tape in thirds first so it wont get caught on the receiver halves) around EVERY PIN except the front trigger pin and the sear retainer pin(the one that holds the sear in place) ok now you put about 5 more rolls on the back trigger pin and put about 9 on the pin above where the trigger catches the sear and about 10 below it. (dont put in the rubber band yet) now put the halves back together. see if it cocks, if not take one roll of the pin below the sear plate. now take it apart again. replace the sear spring with the rubber band but before you do that, put literally 20 rolls around where the rubber band holds onto the pin (unless you have an rt which limits it to about 12) now put everything back together and see if it cocks.
if it doesnít find out whatís wrong. ok hereís the OPTIONAL part
cut one coil off your trigger return spring (on the custom)

ok on the regular you can do this but not to such an effect
when you cock the gun the trigger should be pushed forwards (thatís the trick of this mod) good luck not wasting paint oh yeah if you can hold the trigger in "the sweet spot" then you can go full auto!!!

-high adjucator
-brandon anders (call me master or mud I donít care for either :D)

;) :love: :love:

mikek2111987 06-27-2002 08:26 PM

If anyone wants info on how to do a very simple and effective trigger job, click here.

Epoxy is a glue, a very strong one. A trigger block is a front or back block on your trigger frame, which will make your trigger pull shorter. So you wont need one. And to get the sleeve over the pin, just pop the pin out GROOVES FIRST, and hold the sleeve in place then put it back in GROOVES LAST.

Relentless 06-22-2003 11:13 AM

helped a ton

It did on my 98c...

i had already moded it to what i thought was the end, but was wrong...

the only 2 mods i am yet to try are the magnetic mod, and the braces elastic mod (neeeeed to find some1 with braces!!!)

bobby four 06-22-2003 07:17 PM

macroline works well, just get some needle nose pliers and hold it in place while replacing the pin

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...postid=1321978

is a thread that tells you how to do decent trigger mod

Relentless 06-27-2003 05:00 PM

i used a pen spring as a sleeve... perfect for my 98c...

98c's trigger is alot easier to mod cuz the easy access, heh

trains are bad 10-16-2003 01:45 PM

The spring out of a bic clickster mechanical pencil makes the perfect front trigger spring for the 98 custom.

travsstuff 01-08-2004 07:06 AM

braces

Braces rubber bands work great! Thanks! They break sometimes though, so you gotta replace em'.

tippmannisok 02-20-2004 02:59 PM

yo i just tried this like an hour ago... it works great thanks bro!!:)

paintballnsc112 02-26-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TLplus84
don't take out the safety...it's illegal at most fields to not have a safety on your gun.
thats not true. alot of frames dont even have safetys. like the eclipse mech. blade for cockers. They do require a barrel plug or bag though.

and taking out the safety doesnt mater. if u do this mod the safety wont work unless u sand down part of it.

IdiotWithAFlash 04-08-2004 04:26 PM

how would u clean a barrel bag if u do shoot it?

travsstuff 04-08-2004 05:51 PM

dude what are you takin about, stick it in the washer, duh

Mitch_001 06-29-2004 11:52 AM

two words DuckTape place layers on the sear

mangyan 08-26-2004 10:19 AM

trigger job

here's what i did with my TL+
some of you might not like it coz it involves drilling you frame
but hey,it's your gun right,get drill bit a bit smaller than 3/16
drill the hole out and put in a 3/16 roll pin you may have to grind the pin for exact length,then drill another hole whre the trigger spring is,tap it 8-32,get an 8/32 screw cut it at 7/16 length,screw it in from the bottom(trigger housing)you may have to grind the screw a bit coz not all guns are the same,and you know what,the head of the screw will work as trigger stop
now you cut your triggeer pull by 50%

note:if the trigger doesn't release the sear,you unscrew it a bit until it release

Paintballhitman 11-03-2004 02:49 AM

Pirahna trigger mod

Here it is two 1/2 inch cable wall tacks and some hot glue later put it side by side with my freinds electro set at 10 bps
and it was shooting right with it so it seems to mork great relpy if you like it

http://img71.exs.cx/img71/8915/PA280029.jpg

Algernon 04-12-2005 07:09 PM

remove the spring on your trigger shoe. really, you don't need spring on your trigger shoe, as the sear is what you really pull and trip. on certian markers you can swap out a much lighter sear spring, like the tippmann 98.

i don't know if it is the light drive spring, but the 98 will allow you to swap out lighter sear springs. there shouldn't be any problems with the sear not catching hammer. my 98's trigger is lighter than my swing trigger autococker. :laugh:

TLplus84 05-06-2005 12:18 PM

It's been 4 years, and this thread is still stickied..woah.:eek: