Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Masks (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   lenses colors (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145270)

kidcopone 05-19-2003 07:55 PM

lenses colors

i have a proteous 2, with some minor scratches and need a replacement does anyone have knowledge on what the different color lenses can do.

thanks guys

kraftwerk 05-21-2003 07:42 AM

Most of the tinted lenses do the same thing sunglasses do. If you don't like the sun in your eyes, consider a tinted lens. Some are tinted different colors - like amber or orange or yellow... and some people like these for outdoor play because they act like shooting glasses and help you pick out movement in the shadows.

The mirrored lenses act just like tinted lenses, but some people prefer the look of the mirror.

For indoor play, you're best bet is a clear lens. Often times indoor fields aren't as well-lit as you might like and it's just harder to see what's going on around you. (Try wearing sunglasses in a dimly lit room to see what I mean.)

(Just in case you were wondering, the Proteus uses the JT Spectra lens... lots of different options for you.)

kidcopone 05-21-2003 08:48 AM

thank you very much i went with a blue that fades into clear, the blue color is on top.

kazzieman 05-22-2003 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kraftwerk

For indoor play, you're best bet is a clear lens. Often times indoor fields aren't as well-lit as you might like and it's just harder to see what's going on around you. (Try wearing sunglasses in a dimly lit room to see what I mean.)

I prefer my yellow lens for low-light like indoor. It gives everything better definition. I have troble with it on bright days, the glare can get unbarable. I guess it is just preference. Go to your pro-shop and ask to look through different tinted lenses. Most likly they will say it is okay.

Eurynmous 01-09-2007 08:19 PM

This post is a little old but I figured I would go ahead and add my 2 cents. I have several colors and I use them differently.

Mirror Blue and Silver - I first bought these for looks but I have gotten more use out of them recently. This new field I have been playing on has their field layout with the starting points on the east and west side. So if you are playing late or early on a Saturday morning you are going to have to face the sun. I really like to use these if I find the sun troublesome.

Amber/Yellow - I typically use this one outside the most during woodsball and regular games. It helps reduce glare and aids in contrast along with depth perception. Also, I personally feel that it brightens up the field a little more. Depending on the person this could be good or bad.

Clear - If its indoor, night, or even low light conditions, clear is the best way to go.

Mackinturk 01-10-2007 03:43 AM

a little old??? dude, this thread is over 3 YEARS old!! kid probably has a totally different mask by now.

Eurynmous 01-10-2007 08:38 AM

I would imagine that he has. I actually found this post through one of the stickies and thought I would add some more accurate information to it incase anyone else stumbled on to it.

pbmike1888 01-10-2007 09:44 AM

well at least someone is looking through the stickies. lol

kidcopone 03-05-2007 05:16 PM

lol wow i barely remember making this thread lol