Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   32 Degrees (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Need Rebel Help? Look no further! (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16886)

-RuShPB227- 09-03-2001 11:15 AM

Need Rebel Help? Look no further!

I dont have my Rebel anymore, but it treated me well and to many exciting games. Rebels are simple markers, similar to all your standard blowbacks. Ex) Spyders, Piranhas, Ect. They have basically the same design. The trigger is pulled, the sear releases the hammer. Air then travels to the bolt. AS the hammer goes forward, the bolt does as well. The pressure kicks the bolt back into the cocked position after every shot. If you have any questions about Rebels, and rebels only, post them here.

The_Admiral 09-03-2001 02:31 PM

Rebel LE

I just bought a Rebel Limited Edition, and as this is my first decent marker, I want to be able to take care of it correctly. Could I get a few tips or pointers on cleaning and oiling it, so as to keep it going in pristene condition? Thanks alot for your help!!:cool:

Sidey 09-03-2001 04:42 PM

Rebel Le aftermarket bolt question

this is i think a hard one to answer but i really need to know. Not too long ago a part of my bolt broke on my le, and i just ordered a aftermarket bolt the (Shocktech Spyder Quick Strip Venturi Bolt) and i just found out that the new bolt doesnt fit in the le's striker when my bro tested his in mine, what do i do?!?! it costed too much to be a waste! HELP!

-RuShPB227- 09-03-2001 06:01 PM

Re: Rebel LE

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Admiral
I just bought a Rebel Limited Edition, and as this is my first decent marker, I want to be able to take care of it correctly. Could I get a few tips or pointers on cleaning and oiling it, so as to keep it going in pristene condition? Thanks alot for your help!!:cool:
I am not too familiar with LE's but with mine, after each day of play, I oil and clean the bold, hammer, and sear. I whipe off the outside to keep it shiney. Before i play, I take off the barrel and run a few drops of oil throuh the gun (about 30 Shots), and i squeggee my barrel, to get rid of any unwanted things. Hope I helped!

-RuShPB227- 09-03-2001 06:03 PM

Re: Rebel Le aftermarket bolt question

Quote:

Originally posted by Sidey
this is i think a hard one to answer but i really need to know. Not too long ago a part of my bolt broke on my le, and i just ordered a aftermarket bolt the (Shocktech Spyder Quick Strip Venturi Bolt) and i just found out that the new bolt doesnt fit in the le's striker when my bro tested his in mine, what do i do?!?! it costed too much to be a waste! HELP!
I am not sure about that one, check in the spyder forums. sorry man, i wish i could help.....
IG247:freak:

sw3253 09-04-2001 12:14 AM

Rebel LE bolt

I've had my Rebel LE for a few months and have dealt with many issues regarding parts and operation. When I first started using the gun without a Revy, I chopped so many paintballs that I decided upon purchasing a Shocktech Spyder Quickstrip Bolt also. I figured that since the LE is rear cocking and accepts Spyder barrels, that it would also accept the bolt -- WRONG. I live near Paintball-Online.com, so I went there with my LE and tried out the Shocktech -- it didn't fit lengthwise and the pin to the striker was too big. Once I got my Spyder Compact, I confirmed the fact that Spyder bolts do not fit the Rebel LE. The overall length, bolt/striker pin location, and gas inlet hole are all different on the two different bolts. I think the only solution is to buy a factory replacement. Good luck

-RuShPB227- 09-04-2001 12:34 PM

Thanks for your help dude.... :peace:

Rebel_Pillsbury 09-05-2001 03:50 PM

Shoot further?

Hey, i have a black rebel vertical with a 14 inch terminator barrel. I get good range and love the gun, but i was wandering if u know any good upgrades to get me more distance. Thanx pillsbury

-RuShPB227- 09-05-2001 05:36 PM

if you are using c02 i would get an expansion chamber, if i am wrong, please correct me. But i think an expansion chamber would be good so your shots will be consistant and wont shoot different distances and have velocity spikes. Besides that, i dont know much other things to help you get more distance, besides low pressure but i dont know how to do that. If i was wrong on any of this...... please correct me. Thanks.

chrishaolin 09-06-2001 01:36 PM

I am a complete newbie to paintball, and I know I sound really naive, but what is a revy as referenced in an earlier post?
what does it do and what is the estimated cost? .. thanks

t0ny6789 09-06-2001 01:40 PM

a revvy is a Revolutionary hopper. It has little motors that feed the balls into the gun faster so you dont chop paintballs. they are about 40-50 $$

chrishaolin 09-06-2001 01:46 PM

thanks man i appreciate it. so would any rebel LE owners strongly recommend getting a revy or am I okay without it??

-RuShPB227- 09-06-2001 01:57 PM

you might want to get one, i dont have one for my rebel, but if you shoot really fast you might want one to prevent (or mostly prevent) chopping a ball. I am about to get one i think, it wouldnt be a bad idea to get one, but it might not be nessessary, so u might not want to. k, hoped i helped, peace.:blah:

sw3253 09-06-2001 08:50 PM

Revy for Rebel LE

After my experiences with the Rebel LE, I would highly suggest getting a Revolution. The side-mounted vertical feed doesn't seem to stack enough balls for any amount of sustained rapid fire. Other Rebel models with the powerfeed probably don't have the same problem because there is a stack of balls in the powerfeed, elbow, and hopper neck ready to go. Because the side-mounted vertical feed is so short on the Rebel LE, basically what you have is what is in the hopper neck and maybe 2 more in the vertical feed. I played for a while without one and chopped plenty of balls, but the Revolution helped stop that.
If I were you, I'd play for a while to see if you have a problem chopping balls. If not, why spend the money if you don't need to?

chrishaolin 09-07-2001 06:42 AM

Okay, thanks.. are there any other modifications I can
make to the Rebel LE in order to maximize efficiency and
minimize problems that may occur frequently with the gun?

sw3253 09-07-2001 02:42 PM

Other than the chopping balls thing, I really haven't had any major problems with the Rebel LE. I got a new barrel which improved accuracy and quieted it down. Other than that, just make sure you don't lose the feed plug.
Have fun!

mhamad1 09-18-2001 12:33 PM

powerfeed block

Does anyone know where i can buy a powerfeed block online

-RuShPB227- 09-18-2001 05:15 PM

check 888 paintball

Blinkme7182 09-27-2001 03:57 PM

expansion chamber

Will an expansion chamber that fits a Spyder Compact 2000 (foregrip and bottomline system) work on a 32 degrees rebel? thanks
Marc

-RuShPB227- 09-29-2001 06:59 PM

Most likely. I have a 32* 6 stage on mine and I have seen them on model 98s and other markers. I am almost positive it will work, Check with other people also though.