Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Barrels and Paint (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   ATTENTION!! READ BEFORE POSTING!! (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173046)

Jaster 09-16-2003 02:43 PM

Attention!! Read Before Posting!!

DO NOT create a WHAT BARREL FOR XXX GUN? type of thread without doing some research.

And by research I mean:
- determine your price range
- then look at barrels that can be had for that price.
- read reviews
- search the Barrels and Paint forum

And finally, if you have 2 or more barrels you can't decide on THEN post a WHAT BARREL FOR XXX GUN thread.

OK guys and gals, here's the deal. We have these things called "Stickies" at the top of all the forums here. These stickies have tons and tons of very useful info that will answer many of your questions. Please use them or try a search BEFORE posting. A lot of people worked very hard to organize all this data and put it in a easy to use format to make life easier here.
Now to be a bit fair here, I understand the need to have people opinions of "just my situation because it's different from everyone else". In all honesty, it's not that different. If you do a search and come up dry or if you have a specific question, sweet, post and we'll all be here to help out. These "VS." threads have to stop. As well as the "which for $40..." or "my spyder/tippy/mag/Timmy/blowgun.... needs a barrel". All have been asked repetitively. A quick search will bring you many a thread on all those topics.
If you need some assistance in searching, aren't quite sure what to look for, or just want some help PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME. I would much rather be here helping people out and answering new questions the closing threads that have been asked a thousand times.
I'm sure there are a few annoyed people right now because I've closed a bunch of threads. You can be annoyed all you want. I don't mind. However my job is to keep things clean, spam free, discipline when needed, and help out. That's what I'm doing here. When this forum is all cleaned up it will be much more useful to all of the users here. With your help we can get that done faster.
Thank you for your cooperation in this.
Feel free to post question or comments here. Just keep it clean.

Calebd2 09-25-2003 10:21 AM

Threads that will no longer be tolerated

As you may have been noticing lately we have been getting many Product A vs. Product B threads. These types of threads will no longer tolerated. It seems you may have been able to get away with these threads before, but as your new moderator, this will be no more.

These type of threads will no longer be tolerated;

Barrel A vs. Barrel B
Paint A vs. Paint B
Is *fill in blank* good?
Barrel Length
Bore sizes

Now, I will make an exception if it is something rare. Such as if you asked if a very rare barrel was good and there were not any threads on it. You see, what we are basically trying to do here is filter out questions that have been constantly asked. This gets annoying for users to constantly see, and have to answer.

Now, in my opinion, itís not fair to just ďslap your handsĒ and close the thread. You should have a reason of why Iím closing these threads, right?

1. Stickies
Stickies are threads that have been found to have very useful information that is helpful and should be able to be viewed at a regular basis. The stickies should help in answering most of your questions

Always check the Stickies before you post a thread

2. Search
The search feature is a very helpful tool that you should use before making a thread. Just search for a word and it will show you all threads with that word in it. Often times you will find you answer there! The search feature can be found at the bottom left of the forum page. A more advanced search feature can be found at the top of the forum right beneath the advertisement banner.

Always do a search before posting a thread

3. Contact Me, Jaster, other moderators, or another helpful member.
If you have a question first check the stickies and search. Now, if this still hasnít answered your answer, but you feel like it may not be necessary to make a thread, there is yet another option. Feel free to PM me, other moderators, or another helpful member. I and other users would much rather you ask a simple question through PM than having you make a whole thread.

Remember guys, this is YOUR forums! Keep them clean! If you have any questions (or suggestions) please do not hesitate on asking them.

teufelhunden 09-30-2003 02:37 PM

Also, try and make topic titles that are meaningful; "Help" and "Barrels" don't cut it.

chibissj 09-30-2003 07:17 PM

or don't try to play your thread off like it is something else, i.e "My friend did this and this", or "I have this great barrel" and then in the thread have questions like should I get it? because Lately I have been seeing those kind of "trick" threads.

Calebd2 12-01-2003 06:40 PM

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!

We now have an Ultimate Sticky. Please read through that thread before you post a thread asking your question!!!

homlonz 01-19-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaster (Post 1500233)
OK guys and gals, here's the deal. We have these things called "Stickies" at the top of all the forums here. These stickies have tons and tons of very useful info that will answer many of your questions. Please use them or try a search BEFORE posting. A lot of people worked very hard to organize all this data and put it in a easy to use format to make life easier here.
Now to be a bit fair here, I understand the need to have people opinions of "just my situation because it's different from everyone else". In all honesty, it's not that different. If you do a search and come up dry or if you have a specific question, sweet, post and we'll all be here to help out. These "VS." threads have to stop. As well as the "which for $40..." or "my spyder/tippy/mag/Timmy/blowgun.... needs a barrel". All have been asked repetitively. A quick search will bring you many a thread on all those topics.
If you need some assistance in searching, aren't quite sure what to look for, or just want some help PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME. I would much rather be here helping people out and answering new questions the closing threads that have been asked a thousand times.
I'm sure there are a few annoyed people right now because I've closed a bunch of threads. You can be annoyed all you want. I don't mind. However my job is to keep things clean, spam free, discipline when needed, and help out. That's what I'm doing here. When this forum is all cleaned up it will be much more useful to all of the users here. With your help we can get that done faster.
Thank you for your cooperation in this.
Feel free to post question or comments here. Just keep it clean.

Maybe I am really tired, but where do I find the "Stickies"?
I don't want to post my question until I look at them. I did do a search but did not find my answer.

reneirwolf878 01-20-2007 06:57 AM

They are the threads on the top of each forum marked "sticky" at the beginning. For instance, this thread is at the very top of the barrels and paint forum because it is "stickied" to stay there. There're a couple other sticky threads right under it.

homlonz 01-23-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneirwolf878 (Post 3880910)
They are the threads on the top of each forum marked "sticky" at the beginning. For instance, this thread is at the very top of the barrels and paint forum because it is "stickied" to stay there. There're a couple other sticky threads right under it.

So only the admin can sticky?
If it is a common question, then you "stickie" those to the top of the page having to do with that topic, correct?

Kowz_76 01-23-2007 04:07 PM

Yes, only us mods can "stick" a thread at the top. The stickies are threads that are full of information on all kinds of things. Just look through them.

Cpl. Cam 06-29-2009 05:16 PM

edit: please delete for stupidity.