Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dye Precision (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Taking apart and lubing your bolt (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234437)

Blue Baller 06-04-2004 10:00 AM

Taking apart and lubing your bolt

This thread will tell you exactly how to disassemble your bolt kit and re-lube it.
First you need to take out that bolt kit. Heres what an image/red bolt kit will look like.

1. Unscrew the screw on the back plate, remove that, the back plate, and the breech in the front.

2. Take a 1/4 standard size allen wrench, and unscrew the back plug that is now visible.

3. Remove the o-ring on the front of the bolt that was exposed when you took off the breech (careful, don't damage it!), and gently push the bolt out from the front. Once you have pushed it as far as you can, pull it very gently from the back.

4. Remove the rear wall, the bolt stop, the sleeve, and the top hot, all respectively. Set these aside.

5. You'll notice that the beer can and the front wall in the picture are still inside the gun. To get these out, I like to take my barrel, put a piece of cloth in front of it, and push them out from the front using the barrel. Also set these aside.

6. Now, your enitre bolt assembly is set aside. Take somthing soft, such as an old white t-shirt, and wipe down all the old lube. Make sure you get as much of it as possible. Concentrate on the o-rings as well. Do not use paper towels for this process, as they can scratch the bolt.

7. Now, for the lubing. Take your lube of choice (I personally use slick honey), and put a thin layer on the beercan o-rings, and the front wall o-rings (both the inside and outside o-rings). With these cleaned and lubed, you can put them back in the gun. Front wall, then the beer can (with the longer side on the beercan facing forwards).

8. Now, put your grease on the o-rings of the bolt itself, and a layer on the entire bolt itself (except for the really skinny part of the stem). Make sure you put a fair amount on the stem o-rings, which are located on the very rear of the bolt.

9. Put thin layers on all three o-rings located on the top hat. Too much grease on the inside o-rings here can gunk up the travel of the bolt and shoot it down your barrel. Put the top hat back on your bolt once it is properly lubed, and put the sleeve over the top hat, and put the spacer right behind the sleeve, with the indentation facing forwards.

10. Lightly lube the o-ring of the back wall, and put it back on your bolt assembly, with the indetation facing ******ds.

11. Lube the o-ring on the back plug (again, lightly), and insert the back plug over the end of the stem where the two o-rings are.

12. Holding onto the backplug, carefully reinsert the bolt assembly into your matrix. Once it is all the way in, screw the back plug all the way in, and back it out 1/4 turn or until it is flush with the body.

13. Hold up! There's still an o-ring that needs to go back onto the front of the bolt. Put it back on, and put a light coat of grease on it.

Congrats. Your bolt it lubed. Once it is fully assembled, grip the front of the bolt and work it back and forth a couple times to get the lube settled in.

Also, another handy tip. When lubing, you usually need to put just enough on the get the part of the bolt shiny. Too much lube may equal to consistency and accuracy problems.

There you go. If anyone would be so kind as to show how to lube a DM4 bolt kit, that would be great.

p8ntballkid 06-04-2004 08:35 PM

good job Blue Baller

ihatespyders 06-05-2004 09:09 AM

Sticky It.

SkunkTeeth 06-05-2004 10:57 AM

You should dryfire about 50 shots without your breech on to remove any excess lube .

Good write up :)

Ill_Adam 06-05-2004 11:25 AM

Good job.

Blue Baller 06-05-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ihatespyders
Sticky It.
Don't worry, it's in the ultimate sticky.

CnCmaster4life 06-06-2004 05:56 PM

Isn't that picture from PBnation? Tisk tisk..not giving credit where credit is due...^^ but great work its alot more easier to under stand than the one in pbnation

SkunkTeeth 06-06-2004 06:16 PM

Too bad its originally from matrix owner buddy.

CnCmaster4life 06-06-2004 08:06 PM

well then...he should give credit to Matrix owners ^^ lol

Blue Baller 06-07-2004 04:14 PM

My mistake- I should have given thanks to MO.

AR55 MtM 07-08-2004 03:18 PM

Where did the picture go :confused:

wakeupandbord 11-20-2004 09:27 AM

Hey, if you REALLY want to outdo yourself add some pictures for new NOOB Matrix Owners like myself. :confused:

wakeupandbord 04-25-2005 02:09 PM

I understand it for the most part but am I supposed to put lube on my bolt stop or sleeve, and I dont know what this spacer is you speak of, I dont have any spacer unless bolt stop or the real wall or sleeve is another word for it. I have my bolt in like 10 pieces right now and need some hlep before i put it back together.

wakeupandbord 04-25-2005 02:28 PM

Okay I just finished lubing my whole bolt assembly and now its leaking through the front of the bolt, could somebody help me, I've been having problem after problem with my matrix and im starting not to like them anymore. PLEASE HELP ME SOON, I want to go paintballing this thursday.

CoolT 04-25-2005 03:18 PM

Check your beer can (inside and out) and the inside of the top hat. If you lube every o ring properly, it should seal at the right pressure. I'd recommend something like slick honey, it seals extremely easy. Dow 33 and Dye Slick lube also work well but are too thick imo. Please don't post your questions in a sticky, it clutters them up.

wakeupandbord 04-25-2005 06:28 PM

Done, sorry about it, and i went to leak guide on MO and they are smart there, they knew exactly which o-ring was screwed up.