Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tippmann (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   The Evolution of Your Tippmann (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242788)

Greedy 07-07-2004 05:08 PM

The Evolution of Your Tippmann

I saw the thread Before and After made by Flanny3300 and it gave me an idea. We have a picture thread already so don't go thinking this is just another one of those. We always see "The answer" (our marker) but never get to see "The work" (it's growth). Similar to those math problems we had in school. Well, now we have a chance to.

With the permission of Turambar (our uber cool Moderator) we can post pictures of the"Growth" of our Tippmann Marker. But there are some rules:[list=1][*]No less than 3 pictures (this will prevent the "Stock Gun"/ "My Gun" posts).[*]No dissassembling and re-assembling your marker just to get it in here.[*]Scenario kits don't count, those can be bought and are a 1 step process. Making it violate rule #1.[*]Do not post the stock marker, it's already included in this post.[/list=1]
Keep in mind you're never done, you can always edit and update your post. I want to apologize to everyone in advance who haven't saved their marker pictures from the beginning but I'm sure most of you have.

These are the pictures of the stock markers just so there is no posting of the same picture 999+ times.

Stock Pro Carbine:

Model 98:

Model 98C:

Tippmann A-5:

So lets see those babies grow!

Greedy 07-07-2004 05:09 PM

Alright, here's the scoop on my marker.

This bad boy is the first picture I took of my marker. I originally bought it with the Flatline Barrel. Couple weeks later I bought a Double Trigger. Soon after I coerced a friend into letting me use their stock cocker regulator since I didn't have one. I added some nasty green macro and poof it is what it is. Ugly if you ask me. I also bought the 240 Round APP Hopper which is ugly but hey, it's useful (more time I can go without reloading) and I bought a Flatline (APP) Barrel cover.

The big changes happened in late December or 2003, where it changed to what it appears to be now:

Took of the stock cocker reg, slapped on an ergo. Moved the reg to the location of the front grip via Dead On's Vertical Adapter (Bought before LP Kit was even thought of). Bought J and J 45 Aluminum Grip frame, Paintball Pins' "The Skulls" grip covers, WGP Torpedo Drop and an MP5 stock. So, basically, it went through a major growth spurt.

Then to where it was 1 month ago (no new pictures taken since then), the same ones you saw in the Best Looking Overall Tippmann Marker Contest!:

You can see the rest of the pictures in the picture contest thread.

There I took of the WGP Torpedo drop, funny part about this was I messed up. I thought the Check-It Products Uni-mount would attach to the same spot as the On/Off area of the Torpedo drop. So I would have just swapped it. Well didn't work that way. So I had to go and buy a CP Razor Drop for $20 and the Uni cost $35, so you're looking at a $50+ drop.

Then I added the coveted Sling Mod for the Tippmann A-5 to add a little more customization to my marker, because I didn't have enough before.

Here I added the best regular, well 2nd best to some next to the MaxFlo, the Male Palmer's Stabilizer. Also you'll see a stock that you probably haven't seen before. That baby is the AK-47 Folding Stock from Engler Paintball Guns from Eric Engler himself:

Other Pictures: 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Just when you guys though there was nothing else to add I go and find something else. As you can tell my marker has been Powder Coated by Joey's Powder Coating but as of now the site is down. It's Black Smoke Chrome faded from the back to Super Mirror Black in the front:

Another Shot of the PC

Then, just for kicks I put on my Karnivor Kaner Kit, well one barrel of the kit at least, and took a picture. Only realizing that I have never taken a picture without the Flatline Barrel on. Anyway here's just another configuration:

Enjoy and I'm glad to see this thread taking off.

Oh, and no "Place Holding", like Tura said. I only did that to hold the #1 spot, after all it's only fair; I made the dang thread! Plus my picture hosting site www.photobucket.com was down. So if you've held your spot please delete it as it has broken up the consistancy of some other members' posts and trust me, you don't want to be in between those two montrosities.

E r y k 07-07-2004 05:23 PM

story time... isnt it.

the first couple of pics suck, cause it was taken with an ancient webcam i found in my attic.

ok, first got my m98, i photoshopped this. that was what i wanted to make my m98 look like. (i made a thread with that pic when i was a noob and asked what ppl thought, it should still be somewhere in the tippmann forum)

so... new to the very expensive sport of paintball. wanted a drop, decided that paying $20-30 dollars for a drop was wayy outta hand, so i busted out the saw and the drill press.
this is what i came up with:

not too shabby if you ask me :P... left that there, my next step, since i was determined to be the bestest sniper in paintball in my area, was a scope... so i got a nice scope, but it wouldnt fit, so i bought a sight rail (yes, my first upgrade... a sight rail.)... i ditched the 4x15 daisy scope, and bought a big red dot scope from BSA... and i ditched that too. i also made a stand for my gun to sit on:

alotta time went by, i decided paintball wasnt cheap... so i started living with what it costed. and i bought my very first drop. the DOP universal from the man, natural newbie. $20 dollars trigger here, $20 dollars trigger guard there, some misc hoses, barrels and whatnot.... my gun was missing. oh yes, it was missing a paintjob... so i got one :D

and here it is:

heres another one in the scanner

alot more time passed... did minor things, screws, tweaked around with trigger jobs. finally got an evolution 2, which was the end of all my chopping issues.
*time passes*
dun dun dun...
more pics on bottom, pic whore NN took the beloved space

Natural Newbie 07-07-2004 05:53 PM

Tons-O-Pics.

p8ntba11dude89 07-07-2004 05:58 PM

well i gota reserve a spot too ;)

Turambar 07-07-2004 06:02 PM

Come on people, no "holding spots." You only get the spot when you actually post the pictures. Alright, you don't HAVE to explain. But it would be better.

Natural Newbie 07-07-2004 06:12 PM

Explain? That would require me to write a novel...

Natural Newbie 07-07-2004 06:13 PM

E r y k 07-07-2004 09:10 PM

kapish!

Greedy 09-24-2004 08:09 AM

I updated my pics, anyone else has a marker story they'd like to tell feel free. If you'd like to add more pictures feel free to do so as well.

If not, just read and enjoy.

pbnickk508 09-24-2004 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It was this

pbnickk508 09-24-2004 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Then my woodsball gun it is hot with the freak system. It is the one in the back it is a pretty small pic. Do u guys know how to make it bigger? And that guy is sexy. lol Will take a pic of my new setup tonight and post it.

Greedy 09-24-2004 01:42 PM

Use www.photobucket.com to host your pictures.

But if you haven't noticed in the very first post we already have a picture of the Tippmann A-5 and if you read the first post you would also notice it requested no less than 3 pictures (#1).

Furthermore that picture just sucks, you can't even see the gun AND it's like an inch big!

pbnickk508 09-24-2004 07:11 PM

Bigger pic here the camp i went to The guy in the back is sexy.

pbnickk508 09-24-2004 07:18 PM

Got another one from a different view I am on the far right. Note this pics are both older.

Menohl 12-22-2004 09:35 AM

My 98 Custom Progression, sorry i don't have more early pics but i didn't see the point of taking pics of a stock marker.

First

Then

Now

Menohl 12-22-2004 09:36 AM

SL-68 II Progression

First

Then, after a paintjob, and a new 14" J&J Ceramic Barrel

Blazegemmadman 12-22-2004 02:07 PM

Delta Joker 12-22-2004 09:35 PM

Greedy where did you get that skull handle? cuz it look amazing

-TheJoker-

DirtyDawg 12-24-2004 03:47 AM

There have been several stages of my 98C's evolution that weren't captured (or the pics have been lost). Here's just a few...

I can't seem to track down any pics of it when i had the Q-Loader mounted :(