Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   High-End Electronic Markers (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Viking vs. Matrix (lcd or led) (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287168)

BKO_Ballistics3 01-30-2005 03:36 PM

Viking vs. Matrix (lcd or led)

Which one in your opinion is better? Yes I already checked the stickies nothing on these guns. Things im looking for is effieciency, eye capability, speed, pressure, etc. All opinions welcome. Thanks for the help

CoolT 01-30-2005 04:41 PM

The Viking is easily better, but they are both very nice, reputable high end guns. I wouldn't look any harder at the Viking just because it performs better.

Samrog777 01-30-2005 07:00 PM

Depends on what matrix we're looking at, and what Viking. I've seen some Matrixes that weren't really high end guns, and not high quality. Vikings seem to be, harder to get a bad one, but that doesn't mean they're better than matrixes. I'd take an NYX or Trauma over a stock viking.

CoolT 01-30-2005 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Samrog777
but that doesn't mean they're better than matrixes.
Vikings are arguably the best guns ever made. They don't have the feel of a DM5, but performance wise, they really can't be beat. Even an upped Trix won't match a Viking in every category. But while the Viking is better, it's like comparing 160mph to 180mph. They both will do more than you'll ever need, just one does it a little better.

Kurama 01-30-2005 09:52 PM

Viking. You compare some of the least air efficient markers to some of the most efficient. The viking is greater than or equal to the matrix in about every category. Also, matrix owners get checked/pulled for ramping a ton because Matrixes are the most common markers to ramp. It becomes annoying.

BKO_Ballistics3 01-31-2005 05:36 PM

alright matrix is out what about viking and cyborg?

Kowz_76 01-31-2005 05:55 PM

Viking still is better.

Everlight389 01-31-2005 06:10 PM

Viking > virtually every gun. If I ever bought a high end, that's exactly the gun I would get. Doesn't have the greatest looks but it's performance is the best.

BKO_Ballistics3 01-31-2005 06:29 PM

Ok Viking it is.....now the problem is finding one :)

darktrooper5 01-31-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BKO_Ballistics3
Ok Viking it is.....now the problem is finding one :)
Aka has some new, dbn perhaps, pbn b/s/t, pbr b/s/t... just look they are out there.

Kurama 02-01-2005 01:57 PM

PBN and AO have quite a few vikings around. The only high-end marker I'd say compares up with vikings are timmies. Vikings being more efficient, and timmies smaller.

predator6278 02-11-2005 09:28 AM

I would say get a viking. My bro got a cyborg and that thing sucked. When it worked well it still sucked. He traded it for a karni. He was happy until some kid at our field messed with the settings and couldnt get it working right again.

I would rather get a sm4 before I would get a viking or cyborg.

CoolT 02-11-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by predator6278
My bro got a cyborg and that thing sucked.
:eyes:

Quote:

Originally posted by predator6278
He was happy until some kid at our field messed with the settings and couldnt get it working right again.
He could readjust the settings, but I guess that's too much too ask for. :rolleyes:

Everlight389 02-11-2005 10:33 AM

Yeah, doing anything yourself these days is such a hassle :rolleyes:

newenglandkilla 02-11-2005 10:45 AM

Vikings aren't the most nimble guns. If size is an issue, than I'd say a vision shocker. If at all possible get your hands on one. Theres lots of people who just don't like the way they feel.

predator6278 02-11-2005 11:27 AM

No he tried putting it back the way he had it set. But it never shot the same again. So instead of messing with it he traded it for a dm4.

But I guess trading it for something better just doesnt give you the same feeling of messing with something that is of lesser value :rolleyes:

Paintball_Doc 02-11-2005 01:25 PM

I'd still say the Viking over any Matrix (unless the size is an issue to you, but I fail to see how you need to have something as light as possible when we're all strong enough to carry one w/o a prob anyway...)

Blue Baller 02-11-2005 02:15 PM

All I'm going to say is this- when it's down to comparing high end guns, there is no *best*. It's all about how they feel when they shoot.

For me it's a trix, and yes, I have had experience with vikings. Matrices are the best rope throwers out there.

papaintballer15 02-12-2005 08:33 AM

matrix LCD by far one of the best guns ive ever used. Mines for sale too :D

as toward the top someone said ppl with matrix's get checked more for ramping... that is a negative. Only dm4/5 users who use advantage chips.
with dm3's u dont have to worry about ramping, or any major bounce issues. Ive raked 21 on mine,and got 23 on sweetspot.

frost 02-12-2005 12:36 PM

I really dont see how the viking is better in every way. If you get an evolve bolt the matrix is either more effeicent or the same as the viking. And thats the only area the viking could beat a stock trix. Not only that but with a trix its virtually impossible to chop. You get eyes and if you tune yer LPR right the bolt wont chop paint anyway it will bounce right off it, now a viking cant do that!