Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stories (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I'm more than a little mad, READ THIS BEFORE POSTING! (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291845)

Lopez17 02-21-2005 03:25 AM

I'm more than a little mad, READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

Due to the irresponsibility of some members, I'm imposing some new rules in here.

1. Stories that are about dangerous activities or about how you used your paintball marker to shoot your dog are unacceptable. Anyone breaking this rule, is subject to banning. I'm sick of closing threads about people being morons or promoting dangerous behavior.

2. People who resurrect dead threads to post "up" will be considered spammers and also subject to banning.

3. Members who provoke with inflammatory posts will be booted as well. Same for people that flame other members. Keep it civil.

4. If you have ***'s in your posts or bypass the swear filter expect a ban. Bad language is unnecessary. We have an edit button, if you see stars in your post, edit it and correct the language.

5. Bottom line, I'm sick of cleaning up after a bunch of children who have nothing better to do than troll and post spam. Violaters will be subject to immediate bans.

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Magnus55 02-21-2005 03:39 AM

I'm backing lopez 100% on this matter. Lately there has been much too much abuse of the stories forum. If Lopez tells me to give someone the boot, you'd best believe it will happen.

The_Godfather20 04-13-2005 10:35 AM

ya dude i agree people talk way too much crap on here.

radballer 06-05-2005 11:13 AM

you guys are right 100%. Keep up the good work!

paintballa_1313 07-06-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by radballer
you guys are right 100%. Keep up the good work!

I agree! Getting rid of those idiots who tell nasty stories like shooting dogs, or dangerous things should be permanatly banned. Great job!

Nicky 07-23-2005 04:39 PM

ya, and plus people who do that give them a bad reputaion to the website, and to them selves!:pissed:

Ebonclaw 08-01-2005 12:58 PM

And now there's 3 musketeers in this forum....

Actually, I'm more like Zorro, so that's like, 2 musketeers, and Zorro.

Anyway, point being, I'm in Lopez's forum and enforcing his rules as well.

Lopez17 08-01-2005 01:29 PM

:tup: This RULES!!! Gotta love it when you have multiple Supers enforcing the rules!

Awhislyle 02-12-2006 07:46 PM

... Your banning people for language even if it gets caught by the filter? Whats the harm in some ***s in a post? ************************************ was that some stars, or a really really long cuss word?

splatmania 02-13-2006 04:36 AM

it's just like when they bleep the cuss words out on tv you can still understand what they were going to say... thats why they dont want you using stars after the first few letters

E-rex Owner 03-06-2006 09:49 AM

i strongy agree with thoose rules :D

paintballer667 03-06-2006 04:02 PM

Thanks for posting these rules. But I think a lot of people are to immature to follow them. Not to long ago there was a thread about a guy getting shot in the shower with a marker. Luckly it was closed.

monkey snat 03-06-2006 05:14 PM

Even though this is on here there are still many people doing that in almost every thread. STILL DOING IT.

splatmania 03-06-2006 05:16 PM

cant stop them all... and stop brown nosing

gunslinger64600 03-19-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lopez17
Due to the irresponsibility of some members, I'm imposing some new rules in here.

1. Stories that are about dangerous activities or about how you used your paintball marker to shoot your dog are unacceptable. Anyone breaking this rule, is subject to banning. I'm sick of closing threads about people being morons or promoting dangerous behavior.

2. People who resurrect dead threads to post "up" will be considered spammers and also subject to banning.

3. Members who provoke with inflammatory posts will be booted as well. Same for people that flame other members. Keep it civil.

4. If you have ***'s in your posts or bypass the swear filter expect a ban. Bad language is unnecessary. We have an edit button, if you see stars in your post, edit it and correct the language.

5. Bottom line, I'm sick of cleaning up after a bunch of children who have nothing better to do than troll and post spam. Violaters will be subject to immediate bans.

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

how would u resurect a dead thread, i wouldnt do it i agree with those rules i just want to know so i dont accidentaly do it or something

IonPimp 05-05-2006 05:39 AM

When people act like idiots like that, shooting people driving down the road and stuff, it gives not only the site a bad name, but paintball all together.

ycfan456 06-12-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IonPimp
When people act like idiots like that, shooting people driving down the road and stuff, it gives not only the site a bad name, but paintball all together.

That was deep, real deep. I agree. :nod:
Will we get banned if we use the :censored: smilie in place of a swear word? Cuz I may have done that a while back.

ycfan456 06-13-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunslinger64600
how would u resurect a dead thread, i wouldnt do it i agree with those rules i just want to know so i dont accidentaly do it or something

"Uping" a thread is just posting "I'm uping this thread" or something unuseful and off topic just to put the thread first on the list.

Lopez17 06-23-2006 06:16 AM

Incidentally I don't usually ban people for a preponderance of ***'s in a post. I usually delete the post. I do ban for people getting around the swear filter, and other violations. Usually it's a combo of rule violations that get you the boot. I don't torch people indiscriminately.

Mean-Midget 07-04-2006 07:38 AM

I very much understand these rules, tender work !