Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   High-End Electronic Markers (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Shocker V.S. System-x NME (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293734)

aftermathmbr 03-01-2005 12:11 PM

Shocker V.S. System-x NME

I have a decision between a shocker with an he bolt, a freak barrel, and a rip trigger, or a brand new System-X NME(brand new). please help

Everlight389 03-01-2005 12:30 PM

Shocker in my opinion... Just make sure it has vision, and I'd suggest a new board with better logic.

NME's are ok, but all System-X does is copy Bob Long's markers for the same price (or more). It performs decently, but the trigger frame is very strange...

I'd suggest shooting both first.

V1nn`/ 03-01-2005 01:24 PM

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...hreadid=285997 on the NME it was closed because the kid wouldnt be quite, id consider the stuff people like CoolT said

Lopez17 03-02-2005 03:18 AM

Yeah...that was a hilarious thread. The moron got banned and then came back and opened like 2 more NME threads. It wasn't hard to tell it was him, with the bad spelling, poor grammar and general inability to comprehend simple concepts.

Bottom line, after the trouble Lanche had in Pomona with their NME's, Intimidators proved their value again.

Guitarguy 03-02-2005 06:05 AM

I would say neither.... Get an alias intimidator, you can get them for the same price as a shocker with he bolt and dynasty board. $1094

Everlight389 03-02-2005 08:03 AM

You can find vision shockers for $620 on Ebay :|

aftermathmbr 03-02-2005 11:59 AM

oops

I need to add I am getting the shocker from a friend for 710.00
Thanks!!

Kurama 03-02-2005 05:37 PM

shocker.

Guitarguy 03-02-2005 05:42 PM

Don't flame me for this but shockers are some of the worst guns stock. The regs blow all the time they're not very fast so you need to get a new board in order to keep up with other guns in it's class. And they're extremely inefficient so you need an HE bolt kit.

Vision Shocker new $800
Tadao Dynasty Board $140
He bolt kit $90
CP Reg $70

grand total $1100

New angel speed (nice) $999
Alias intimidator $1094

Shockers weight is also very inbalanced
Get the shocker if you're set on it but I think it would be a mistake.

Kurama 03-02-2005 07:29 PM

He's getting the shocker for $710. He bolt, a freak barrel, and a rip trigger.

And the reg isnt bad if you've had it updated (SP does this for free I believe). Its about as good as the torpedo, and world better than the WDP minireg...

And the only place I found an alias for 1094 had a 150$ yearly signup fee. They run about 1200...

aftermathmbr 03-03-2005 04:45 PM

oops again

It was also used before my friend bought it and now I might buy it!
:|

Kurama 03-03-2005 06:58 PM

Whats the condition its in?

Does it have an ACE, or is it the stock 13bps non-vision board?

slushii 03-04-2005 10:18 AM

shocker

aftermathmbr 03-04-2005 11:41 AM

dont know I am going to test it this weekend

Blue Baller 03-04-2005 12:40 PM

Shocka!

robdamanii 03-04-2005 12:44 PM

Shocker for certain. System X is junk.

jeffthrowspaint 03-04-2005 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by robdamanii
Shocker for certain. System X is junk.
Intelligent post :rolleyes:. I'd go with the NME, I have shot both and the NME wins hands down.

Everlight389 get your facts straight the NME is $900, show me a NEW Timmy thats close to that price with the up's that the NME has.

The Shocker will needed to be upgraded to, you aint going to shoot fast with the stock board. Also Vison..yaaayyy, one eye.

The NME rips straight out of the box. People like robdamanii will always slam it because he's too cool to shot a System X gun.

P.S my teamates Shocker hasn't worked right since the day he got it. :blah:

Blue Baller 03-04-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jeffthrowspaint

Intelligent post :rolleyes:. I'd go with the NME, I have shot both and the NME wins hands down.

Everlight389 get your facts straight the NME is $900, show me a NEW Timmy thats close to that price with the up's that the NME has.

The Shocker will needed to be upgraded to, you aint going to shoot fast with the stock board. Also Vison..yaaayyy, one eye.

The NME rips straight out of the box. People like robdamanii will always slam it because he's too cool to shot a System X gun.

P.S my teamates Shocker hasn't worked right since the day he got it. :blah:

No.

jeffthrowspaint 03-04-2005 03:53 PM

No? No what? Nice post, come up with more than one word next time.

Kurama 03-04-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

The Alias timmy, for about 200$ more, comes with better service, better milling, a better barrel, a better trigger/frame, a better reg, a better board, better quality annodizing, and an LPR without external hosing.

Quote:

As much as I hate them, shockers arent that bad with a dynasty board. The vision board is 20bps which is well over what most people pull (yeah, some people brag 25+bps, but its in two or three shot bursts, not actually shooting that fast)... The vision eye is great for reflectives; after 12 cases with my vision board in my impulse, I have 0 chops. And, to correct you, there is no eye system in existance with two eyes. Breakbeams only use one eye. The other one just emits a beam of light. Yeah, I got a bit too technical, but breakbeams are better.

Quote:

I've shot a system X cocker (which, as the owner said, came broken and he put 80$ into fixing it since system X doesnt have good customer servive) and it was terrible. I'm expecting the same from the NME. The only thing decent thing in it is the board, which they dont make.

Quote:

P.S my teamates Shocker hasn't worked right since the day he got it. :laugh:
He's buying his friend's shocker. He'd know if it worked or not :laugh: