Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragun / Odyssey (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   TES Manual (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317894)

DarkeWolf 06-20-2005 06:52 PM

TES Manual

ok guys and gals, here comes another Dragun manual, courtesy of the WOLFPACK. this one is for the TES. I also have the scans zipped into a zip folder if anybody wants the files, they can PM me, and I will email them to you. :)
Just keep in mind that you will need software to unzip it. if you dont have any, you can go to www.winzip.com or www.rarsoft.com to get a free copy of either software. Most of them are in windows .doc format, you will also need a word processor program that can handle MS WORD docs.

[Edit- 9-18-06: I have now put these online at my website for download. http://www.adrive.com/public/3508a0f...91787d036.html If for some reason there is a problem downloading them from there, please PM me, and let me know and I'll be more than happy to email them to you. NOTE that on this page you will need to use a browser with Scripts and Java ACTIVE.[/edit]

Owners Manual

Warning!
This marker is not a toy. Misuse may cause serious injury or death. Eye protection designed for paintball use must be worn by the user and any person within range. Recommend at least 18 years of age to purchase, 14 years of age to use with adult supervision, or 10 years old to use on paintball fields meeting ASTM-Standard Fl 777-97. Read operation manual before using.
Warning!
Never shoot at anyone without the proper protective equipment for the eyes, ears, throat and head, which must be worn at all times. Eye protection must be designed specifically for paintball use. failure to follow these safety precautions may result in bodily injury including blindness and deafness.

Rules for Safe Paintball Marker Handling

1. Always wear proper eye, face, and ear protection designed specifically
to stop
paintballs.
2. Never shoot a person who is not wearing proper protection.
3. Treat every paintball marker as if it were loaded.
4. Never point a paintball maker at anything thing you don't intend to shoot.
5. Keep the paintball maker on safety until ready to shoot.
6. Keep the barrel plug in the makers barrel when not shooting.
7. Always remove gas source before disassembly.
8. Store the paintball marker unloaded and degassed in a locked place.
9. Follow warnings listed on the gas source for handling and storage.
10. Never use anything other than .68 caliber paintballs.
11. Do not shoot fragile objects such as windows.
12. Paintballs may cause staining of some porous surfaces such as brick, stucco, and wood.
13. Always measure your markers velocity before playing paintball.
14. Never shoot at velocities in excess of 300 feet per second.

DarkeWolf 06-20-2005 06:56 PM

Operating Instructions

1 .Turn on Marker: Note: Marker should turn in SAFE mode. If it is not you will need to place it in safe mode before any further operation
2. Cock: Cock marker by pulling cocking handle back fully until locked in sear position.
This is a semi-automatic marker which will re-cock itself after firing when working correctly.
3. Attach Gas Source: Marker can be used with a constant air refillable cylinder (not included). You should expect better gas efficiency with a larger refillable tank.
4. Load Paintballs: (1) Insert paintballs (not included) in port or (2) attach hopper(not included) and fill with paintballs (Not included).
*Note- Paintballs should be stored in a cool, dry place in a sealed bag or container. Do Not subject paintballs to freezing, excessive heat, humidity, or store in direct sunlight.
5. Eye Protection: Make sure that everyone within range (200ft.) is properly protected from paintball impact by wearing proper eye protection.
6. Remove Barrel Plug and turn off safety.
7. Verify Velocity: Make sure the paintball marker's velocity is below 300
feet per second.
8. Fire: The paintball marker is now ready to fire.
Setting Up Your T.E.S. Marker
This marker is designed to operate on high pressure or Co2 air sources. Input pressure should be set between 300-425 psi. The marker is supplied with a vertical fore-grip regulator.

Dragun Optical Sensor

The T.E.S. marker is equipped with the Dragun Optical Sensor. This is a paintball detecting system which will not allow the marker to fire without a paintball in the breech.

added 6/28/05-
If you ever have to take the eye out, or replace it, make sure that you put it back in the jack correctly. (I'd put mine in backwards accidentally, and it wouldnt read.) With the lenses of the eye facing inwards towards the breech of the gun, the wires should be, from left to right, in this order- Black, red, tan, white.
And make very sure not to crimp any of the wires! Either with the eye cover, or when putting the screw in.

To turn the eye off, simply hold the trigger back for 8 seconds. Some of the older TES, you have to hold it back 10-12 seconds
To turn it back on, shut the marker off, and turn it back on. The eye will automatically turn back on with the marker.

Electronic Trigger Frame

Your marker is equipped with an electronic trigger frame featuring a liquid crystal display. It has several different settings and display modes including electronic safety, game timer, shot counter, and battery level. It also has actuation capability of up to 20 balls per second. The defining feature that sets this trigger frame apart from it's competition is it's revolutionary, external adjustable solenoid and sear.

Operation

Battery Installation

The trigger frame is powered by a 9-volt battery
(alkaline recommended) not included.
To install the battery, remove the left grip panel on the trigger frame.
Plug in the battery to the battery connector and insert into the trigger frame.
Note: Be sure all wirers are tucked into the frame and cannot
become trapped between the trigger frame and the grip panel.
Secure grip panel with panel screws.

DarkeWolf 06-20-2005 06:58 PM

Activation

In the activation instructions:
A= Top Button
B= Bottom
Press and hold B for approx. 5 seconds.
Your marker should turn on in safe mode. If not press and hold A
for approx. 5 seconds.
Press A one time to release from safety mode.

Firing Modes: Press A repeatedly to scroll through firing modes.
When the desired firing mode is reached, press B one time to activate.
Then press A until you achieve the rate of fire you wish to use.
Press B one time to set.

Shot Counter Mode: After you select and set your desired rate of fire, press B two times. This will display your shot counter. Press A two times, the shot counter will blink showing the current number of shots. Press A once again. This will reset the shot counter to 00000.Pressing B one time you will return to your current firing mode. Press B once again to set.

Game Timer Mode: After you have reset the shot counter press B two times. This will display the game timer. Press A one time. The display will begin to blink. Continue to press A until you reach your desired game time setting. Note: pressing B after you set the game timer will return you to firing mode, and the game timer will be activated, counting down from your selected game time. After your game timer has timed out the marker will return to safety mode.
Power Mode: While in firing mode press B four times. The display will read "Power Auto Off". While this mode is activated the marker will automatically shut off after 30 minutes of non-use. Press A one time the display will begin to blink. Press A again and this will change the marker to "Normal" power mode. If you wish to set the marker to this mode press B one time. Note: In normal power mode the marker will remain on until manually powered off. It is recommended that you keep the marker in "Auto Power Off" mode to conserve battery life.

Adjustments

The electronic trigger frame may require adjustment as the distance between the striker and the sear may vary from one marker to another.
Note from DW- Not all of the TES's came with an adjustable sear. The older ones did, the newer ones did not.
Complete the following steps to adjust the trigger frame:
1. Loosen locking adjustment screw
2. Unscrew sear adjustment screw until flush with trigger frame body.
3. Turn trigger frame off. With no air attached, set to fire mode.
4. Cock marker by pulling on bolt.
5. Pull trigger, if bolt releases re-cock and repeat step 5 4-5 times, if marker fires correctly , attach air and repeat step 5. If marker continues to fire correctly, tighten locking adjustment screw. If the marker does not fire correctly see step 6
6. If the marker did not fire correctly in step 5, turn sear adjustment screw clockwise 1/8th turn. Repeat step 5. If the marker still does not fire correctly, continue to adjust the sear adjustment screw 1/8th turn and repeat step 5 until marker fires correctly. Note: Remember to tighten locking adjustment screw when the adjustment process is complete.

DarkeWolf 06-20-2005 07:03 PM

Using a Regulator

Your paintball marker may or may not come equipped with a regulator, which will allow you to shoot either Co2 or compressed air/nitrogen. (If your marker did not come with a regulator, use this guide as reference when you add one to your marker.) The regulator supplied, or other regulators, can be used on all models. It is important to properly use and set your regulator to get the most efficient use of Co2 or air, also for the safety and well - being of the user. Please follow these instructions on the care of your regulator and on adjusting the settings.
I) The regulator has been pre-set for optimum use at the factory.
This is an ideal pressure setting both for Co2 and Nitrogen. However you may wish to adjust the regulator to a setting of your choice.
II) To adjust the pressure you must first completely depressurize the regulator. First remove the Co2 tank or high pressure air tank. Air is trapped in the regulator. Dry fire your marker between 5-7 times to release all air out of the regulator.
III) Remove the hex nut from the regulator. Insert a pressure gauge.
IV) Unscrew the bottom cover. Then using a coin or a screwdriver, carefully turn the screw counter-clockwise until it easily will turn by hand. Turn slowly a couple of more turns, but be careful not to unscrew completely.
V) Keeping the regulator turned away from your body or anyone else, insert the Co2 or compressed air tank. The gauge should read 0 (zero).
VI) To reset the air pressure on the regulator, slowly turn the screw clockwise, watching the gauge at all times. Continue adjustment until desired pressure is achieved.

WARNING- do not set pressure above 950 psi
Note from DarkeWolf- the normal operating pressure of a TES is between 300 and 500 psi. they are medium-low pressure guns. Even tho the manual says 950, its possible that keeping your pressure up to 600-800 can damage the internals of your marker.

VII) Replace the bottom cap. You may leave the gauge in place or take out and replace with the hex nut.
NOTE: |f you accidentally set the pressure too high, you must start from the beginning to re-adjust the pressure.
Caution: If you accidentally unscrew the adjustment screw completely, interior components of the regulator may fall out. You should take the regulator to an authorized technician for replacement of the parts. Be sure interior parts are replaced in order, according to the diagram on the schematic.

DarkeWolf 06-20-2005 07:09 PM

T.E.S. Velocity Adjustments

All velocity adjustments are to be changed through the input pressure of the gun.
To increase the velocity, turn the input pressure up by turning the allen head screw in the fore-grip counter clockwise. To decrease the velocity, turn the allen head set screw in the fore-grip counter clockwise.
Note from DW- for some reason, Dragun got this backwards when they typed up the manual. It should be clockwise to increase velocity, counter-clockwise to decrease velocity.

Trouble Shooting

Problem Possible Cause Remedy
Gas leaking down barrel Cup Seal/Valve 0- ring Replace the cup seal/valve 0-ring
Gas leaking out of fore-grip Fore-grip 0- ring Replace fore-grip 0-ring
Marker will not fire Not cocked Cock marker
Out of air Refill tank
Tank not fully screwed in Screw in tank
Broken paintball shell Remove The bolt and clean
Dead battery Replace battery
Marker fires erratically Weak battery Use only premium batteries as suggested by manufacturer
Sear out of adjustment Adjust sear as stated in manual
Low air pressure Refill tank
Striker 0-ring Replace striker 0-ring
Low Velocity Weak main spring Replace with heavier main spring
Shortened or cut main spring Replace main spring
High Velocity Main spring too stiff and/or long Replace with lighter main spring

General Reminder

Your Paintball marker is not a toy. It should be used only by adults or under proper adult supervision. Respect other people and do not use this marker to destroy or damage other peoples' property. When using your marker, obey all local, state and federal laws. When entering a field, become aware of all rules and regulations.
Before taking the Paintball marker on holidays or transporting it through public areas, such as airports, or bus and train stations, call ahead for regulatory information regarding the carrying and transportation of such item.
Note from DW- HPA tanks canNOT be taken thru an airport (dunno about train stations) due to federal regulations. If you plan on taking your HPA/Nitrogen/Compressed air with you on a trip, mail it on ahead of you by USPS, or UPS, or Fed-Ex.

SCHEMATIC-
this is a thumbnail of the schematic that I've got uploaded to the net. If you click it, it will take you to my uploaded, full-sized picture of it.

Cpyke 09-10-2005 06:59 PM

Good post man. Thanks for taking some of your time to help us out with problems with our markers. Again Good Post.

Cpyke

SnakePlaya05 10-09-2005 12:07 PM

awsome thanks for your time

p8nter24 11-27-2005 01:02 PM

Nice job darkwolf. You can never have enough stikies on such a gun. :)

DarkeWolf 11-28-2005 04:14 AM

thanks everybody :) If you guys know of anything that I missed, or that you guys think should be added, let me know!

addboy674 04-30-2006 04:06 PM

is there a service email for these guys or somehting that i can get a part from? i need a replacement striker oring

DarkeWolf 04-30-2006 07:57 PM

unfortunately, Dragun IS out of business. :(
you could try getting in contact with OdysseyParts.com
http://www.odysseyparts.com/mcart/in...i?code=3&cat=6 has the parts kits and it looks as tho they have the seal in there with them. A bit pricey tho.

What you might also try to do is get in touch with REXpaintball. they are currently manufacturing some of the dragun and odyssey markers.
Quote:

Give us a call @626-839-3332, and ask for Tommy
thats from the email that I had written them asking about parts for frames. But should also work for parts in general.
Hope that this helps! :)

laxmaniac88 08-24-2008 11:32 AM

Is this gun almost the same as the rex r2? I bought one off of ebay and it looks identical

greenrent 10-03-2010 09:41 PM

Nice post... interesting !

vlc92189 02-28-2011 07:33 AM

if the "eye" is broken, is it still ok to use? or is this a neccesary object?