Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Eclipse (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Ego Maintanence/Diagrams (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329438)

iplaynaked 08-15-2005 07:49 AM

Ego Maintanence/Diagrams

Ok, I've seen a whole lot of threads asking 'how easy is the ego to maintain' and yadda yadda. So I've decided to make a thread to show you how easy it is. You can find all this information in the manual also.

Supplies:
Q-Tips
Gold-Cup Gun Oil (any type of gun oil will do)
Allen Wrench (3/16")
Rag or Wash Cloth (your T-Shirt works well too)

Step One: Disassembly
Remove the bolt, ram cap, and rammer. Remove the bolt by pulling the pin up, and moving the bolt back wards. It simply slides out. Remove the ram cap by inserting the 3/16" allen wrench into the ram cap (theres a whole for the allen wrench) and turning counter clockwise. To remove the rammer slide the bolt back into the breech, slide it all the way forwards push the pin down and pull back. The rammer will pop-out and then just tilt the gun back and the rammer will fall out.

Step Two: Lubing
Take the rag/cloth/your t-shirt and wipe away all the oil, dirt, and paint off the rammer and bolt. Take the Q-Tips and wipe the inside of the rammer assembly clean. Then stick the other side of the Q-Tip down the top of the gun and wipe any dirt and oil that might be in there away. If you want, you can run a squeege through the breech. After you've whiped away the oil/dirt/paint put a generous amount of oil on the rammer (I put a drop on the top, bottom, and both sides of each o-ring) then lighlty rub the oil onto the o-ring and ram with your fingers.

Use the same process for the bolt. Apply a light layer of oil onto the bolt o-rings(I put a drop on the top and bottom of each o-ring). Then lightly rub the oil onto the o-rings with your fingers.

Step Three: Assmbly
Take the rammer and hold it at the end. And slide the end with the notch milled into it in first. The notch goes in first, the thick end with the red ring goes in last. The put the ram cap back on. Push it in (it won't catch the threads unless you push it in first.) then screw it clockwise with the 3/16" allen wrench. Now, slide the bolt in so that only the 'tail' of the bolt is showing. And push the pull pin down.

To check if the bolt is in properly slide the bolt all the forward and push it against the valve stem. If the bolt pops back a little, it's in right. If the bolt slides easily, and doesn't pop back then the pin didnt get in the rammer.

Note: all of the maitanence pictures are down, I have to wait for someone to re-host.

iplaynaked 08-15-2005 07:51 AM

As promised, here it is. This information can alson be found in the manual.

Supplies:
Lube (dow-33, vaseline, slickhoney, etc.)
Gun-Oil (gold cup, PMI, etc.)
Allen Wrenches (3/32nd)
Needle Nose Pliers
Towel/Rag/T-shirt
Q-Tips

Step-One: Disassembly
Remove the reg. from the EGO asa. Remove your macroline or steel braided hose from its connection.

Remove the bottom of the regulator by turning it counter clockwise (this may take some time, I had to use a strap wrench and a towel).

Make sure you hold the reg. upside down and remove the bottom half of the reg. Inside the top half is the piston and washer stack. To remove the plunger take the needle nose plyers, grab the top of the plunger and simply pull it out (you can also take an allen wrench or sumthen and push it out through the top). Now insert the 3/32nd allen wrench into the bottom of the regular and screw clockwise (inward). Keep screwing until you don't see the screw making any more progress. Then push up on the allen wrench and the screw will pop out.

Step-Two:Lubrication
Use the Q-Tips to wipe away any dirt, oil, or paint that might be inside the top half of the regulator. Now take the piston and wipe away any dirt, oil, paint whatever may have collected on it. Take a little bit of the lube (i used dow-33) and rub a light layer onto the o-ring.

Now take the screw from the bottom of the regular out. Use the Q-Tips to wipe away any dirt, oil, or paint that might have collected in the bottom of the regulator. Now wipe away any oil, dirt, or paint that may be on the top of the piston. Take the gun-oil and put a couple drop on each o-ring and lighlty rub it in.

Step-Three: Reassembly
Take the piston and washer stack and place them back into the top part of the reg. (the disk on the bottom goes in first, washers go in last). Now take the screw and push it back into the top of the bottom part of the reg.

Screw counter-clockwise untill the screw will not turn any more (this is tricky. you have to take an allen wrench and put it on the top part of the bottom of the reg. and push it against sumthen like the wall or the floor. while ur pushing it in screw the screw counter-clockwise about 1 1/12 turn and it should catch the threads). Once the screw will not turn anymore screw it in 2-3 turns and that should put the reg at about 300-350 psi. Now take the bottom half and top half and screw them back together.

Now simply screw it back into the EGO asa and connect your macroline or steel-braided hose.

f2f4 08-15-2005 05:19 PM

Many of the pics appear to be down. :|

Other then that, nice job.

iplaynaked 08-15-2005 05:21 PM

Re: Ego Maintanence/Diagrams

Quote:

Originally posted by iplaynaked

Note: all of the maitanence pictures are down, I have to wait for someone to re-host.

I'll ask moose if he can dig some up.

icdbko32 04-12-2006 02:09 PM

ok so one question are there any hoses in the internal of the gun or not cuz im trying to decide between an 06 cyborg or the 06 ego but the cyborg right now is sounding alot more simpler but if it has none im definately going with the ego. if not looks like im still where i was b4.

ase 04-15-2006 02:51 PM

Good job.

obviously sticky quality, once pics get up.

ase 04-15-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icdbko32
ok so one question are there any hoses in the internal of the gun or not cuz im trying to decide between an 06 cyborg or the 06 ego but the cyborg right now is sounding alot more simpler but if it has none im definately going with the ego. if not looks like im still where i was b4.

The Ego does have (I belive) 2 hoses inside it. But that doesn't mean it's more complex than the Cyborg.

i_luv_strats 04-21-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icdbko32

havent taken apark a borg yet, need to get hold of my friends to do that, but the ego is easier to take a part than a spyder, very simple marker.

f2f4 04-21-2006 02:28 PM

The Ego uses 3 internal hoses, and the Cyborg uses a manifold.

darktrooper5 04-22-2006 02:40 PM

I find an Intimidator to be easier to take apart than an EGO.

Good post, get them pics up!

BillT 07-30-2009 06:00 PM

How often should the marker be striped, cleaned and lubed?

Uziel Gal 07-30-2009 10:30 PM

Well, clean the outside of the marker when it gets dirty, simple as that.

Remove, clean and lightly oil the bolt and rammer after each use. That's assuming that your bolt has o-rings on it.

The regulators can be cleaned and greased every few uses - they don't need to be maintained as often as the bolt and rammer. Some people just keep using the marker until their consistency suffers, and then take that as a signal to clean their regulators.

Completely stripping the marker isn't required very often at all, unless you are trouble shooting a problem or drying the marker after it has got soaked etc.

BillT 07-31-2009 04:15 AM

Thx Uziel ... Im a new owner of the Etek2 Dig-E-Cam and have used it one day. The directions tell you how to clean and lube the marker but fail to tell you how often .... Guess it is common sense, after each use ... I knew that!!