Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   South West (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   UCLA NCPA Paintball Team (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361625)

Ice Marine 04-03-2006 09:54 AM

UCLA NCPA Paintball Team

What's up guys. There has been a lot of success in starting paintball clubs/club sports in other universities and I think it's been long overdue to start one at UCLA.

I'm looking to start a team next fall (Fall 06), but I would love to get things rolling during Spring Quarter (ie administrative work, sponsors, ect ect) so we can have a ready team by the Fall.

Few requirements:
1. Must be a full-time UCLA student (12 units minimum).
2. Must be wlling to fund own paintball expenses (ie guns, gear, paint, tournament fees)
3. Must be willing to learn and improve paintball skills.

It doesn't matter if you're a tournament player, recreational woodsball player, or a newbie; we're looking for people who love to play this sport.

Please contact me at:
EMail: UCLAPaintball@gmail.com
UCLAKTsai@gmail.com
AIM: deathwing702
via PM
if you're interested.

Please send me your name/contact information (email, AIM, cell), equiptment (guns, gear, etc), experience (how long you've been playing, tournament experience), where you're from (hometown / where will you be over summer), and basic information about yourself (age, year at UCLA, any information you'd like to share). Thanks!

Let's get a team started and show everyone else what's up!

.:{}:. 04-16-2006 10:32 PM

heh. i want to go to UCLA, does that count? ;)

by the time im in there though, you're gonna be gone but hopefully the team is still there. good luck.

blinkpk11 04-19-2006 11:56 PM

Well, I got into UCLA and am planning on going to grad school there. I spend my school year in Ohio (i.e. the 7th layer of hell) but summer in socal. If you get a team together let me know, I'll try and make it out.

Ice Marine 04-23-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:{}:.
heh. i want to go to UCLA, does that count? ;)

by the time im in there though, you're gonna be gone but hopefully the team is still there. good luck.

LOL! If only, if only...
What year are you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkpk11
Well, I got into UCLA and am planning on going to grad school there. I spend my school year in Ohio (i.e. the 7th layer of hell) but summer in socal. If you get a team together let me know, I'll try and make it out.

Will do! I plan on staying in SoCal for the summer, as well, for summer school. I'll let you know when I head out to play and you let me know when you're heading out to play. Yah?

.:{}:. 04-30-2006 04:43 PM

I'm a sophomore in High School.

demeegod 06-23-2006 12:33 PM

Oy! Let me know, Im a Bruin and happen to be on campus m-th this summer for summer school. We'll meet up and talk shop.

MODAKA32 06-23-2006 10:40 PM

that would be cool burins paintball team, UCLA is the Sh*t

Ice Marine 06-24-2006 01:22 AM

demeegod: I'm going back to UCLA this Sunday bc of Session A. Hit me up at my AIM @ deathwing702. We can chat it up in there!

MODAKA32: If you're a UCLA student / going to be at student, definatley hit me up as well. I'd love to get more participation!

MODAKA32 06-27-2006 10:03 AM

I'm sorry i'm not a UCLA student, I go to UCR highlander. But i am a great fan of the UCLA teams. always have been. i hope the team will still be there in 2 years because i'm sending my little brother there for school. keep posted if you get a team together and where we may be able to see you guys play.

Ice Marine 06-27-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MODAKA32
I'm sorry i'm not a UCLA student, I go to UCR highlander. But i am a great fan of the UCLA teams. always have been. i hope the team will still be there in 2 years because i'm sending my little brother there for school. keep posted if you get a team together and where we may be able to see you guys play.

Will do! My biggest goal is to turn this club into a club sport (ie get money from the school), but from what I hear it's really, really hard to do. But we'll see how things go during fall quarter.

Ice Marine 07-08-2006 02:13 AM

demeegod: Please send me an Email or AIM. Thanks!!!!

If anyone is staying at school over summer, please let me know. Hopefully we can set something up.

Where we stand:
I have a letter/resume written (about 75% done) that we can spend to potential sponsors. What I am missing is player information (you guys). So if you guys can shoot me an AIM or EMail, that would be great. Things to include:

Name:
Year in School:
Years Played:
Position:
Marker:
Other Gear:

So if it were my information:
Name: Kevin Tsai
Year in School: 3rd
Years Played: 7
Position: Back / Mid
Marker: 06 Ego
Other Gear: Dye/Proto apparel, MacDev tank

I would LOOOOOVE (big emphasis) for us to play in San Diego on September 8-10. It would be our first tournament (hopefully NCPA) and our first crack at getting recognized and see how we stand against other people. But to do this, I would like to play with you guys to see how everyone stands. And in the next two months, I would love to hold practices so we can prepare for SD. If we don't make it in time for SD, we have another opportunity will be Los Angeles.

Let me know what you think and please, please give me your contact information. My information is above in the first post.

wagnus8907 07-30-2006 06:58 PM

im a high school senior this year in PA but i have an aunt that lives in glendale and im planning to go to college out there somewhere. lemme know some more info if the team gets up and running maybe i will hit up ucla insted of usc or anywhere else.

ImAraIda1960 09-28-2006 08:04 PM

uhm im a freshman in high school...so u think u could kinda save a spot for me in about 5 years il b on there...

TimberGhost0417 09-28-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAraIda1960 (Post 3737243)
uhm im a freshman in high school...so u think u could kinda save a spot for me in about 5 years il b on there...

In 5 years...Ice_Marine would've graduated already.