Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Religion / Philosophy (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   PBReviews Prayer List (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36244)

Killer Kat 02-08-2002 05:15 AM

PBReviews Prayer List

Let's face it, we all do it, and we all need it. So I thought I'd start a thread that would allow everybody here to post their names of family or friends that are in need of our prayers.

If you have someone that is in need of prayer, please feel free to add their names. I will try to check this thread everyday and include their name in my prayers, as I hope you and others will do the same. I truly believe in the POWER of prayer.

Killer Kat 02-08-2002 05:18 AM

My list

My father, William Carpenter Jr, cancer
Creek's wife, Martha, stroke
Das's father, cancer
Wolverine, recovering from back surgery

Crime Dog 02-08-2002 05:31 AM

Great Idea Killer Kat! I should smack myself for not thinking of this sooner. Shame on me!

Indeed, God's power is available to us when we pray. I've heard many answers to prayer for those that are truly seeking the face of God. I too will check this thread daily and keep as many requests as I can in my prayers...

Add Killer Kat to your list. He's got a nasty, nasty cough right now. (He's too modest to ask prayer for himself.)

flyguy89 02-08-2002 09:31 AM

What about pbgod68cal? He's got something wrong with his back I think. He said everytime he sits up he passes out. :(

pbgod68cal 02-09-2002 04:46 PM

thanx flyguy yea my back,knees, and nervous system(what causes passing out) are untimed i'll put it like an autococker not timed or working right i dont function to potential. but any who

my dad Doug George- real bad diabetes and heart probs
and me Clayton George- for the reasons above

Mr. Smith 02-11-2002 01:14 PM

Could you add these?

My father- diabetes, cancer, arthritis
My grandmother-alcohol abuse

Thanks

Ebonclaw 02-12-2002 05:43 PM

Heh.....I always try to pray for God to alleviate physical suffering.....but then I realize there's people who aren't just in danger of losing their bodies, but their souls as well......pray for me...I'm having a rough time with God right now, but more importantly, pray for Jennifer.....I love her and I'd rather go to hell with her than heaven without her.

Crime Dog 02-13-2002 02:38 AM

I haven't stopped prayin' for ya man...

Platinum4Life 02-13-2002 08:30 AM

Marc(me) and my constant battle with trying to resist sexual temptations.

Crime Dog 02-13-2002 08:55 AM

It's a temptation for ALL of us guys Platinum. Some just won't admit it.

Tell ya what, I'll keep you in my prayers for that issue, if you keep me in your prayers as well. Even married guys have to struggle with keeping thoughts pure and not looking at things we shouldn't...

Ebonclaw 02-13-2002 01:10 PM

Yeah man, my gf doesn't believe me when I say
"But they send Victoria's Secret catalogs to EVERYONE. You think I'd subscribe to this?"

pb_fool 02-14-2002 06:57 AM

me 2

hey,

put me down 2 for the sexual temptations, plus I sware all together WAY too much.

pb

Danielson88 02-20-2002 05:50 PM

Its great to see that theres some Christians on here ;). PB could really bring alot of guys to Christ. Ill be a constant vistor.

Friday 02-22-2002 10:08 PM

Two days ago an hour before class, I was studying in my college library. Then a girl sits on the other side of my table. While she's reading her book I hear her sob quietly. She stops, then a few minutes later she'd start sobbing again. Until I look at her and it looks like she's about to cry big time. It doesn't take any more to realize that she's going through something emotional. I think I did the best thing I could for her. I prayed to God that she'll be fine and get well. I'd like for anyone to pray for her also. I don't know her name or what her problem is.

I feel bad that I didn't say something comforting and clever like "I wish I was your friend, because you look like you could use one right now." or asked her if she'd like someone to listen or a shoulder to cry on. I'm still thinking about her.

Merlin 02-24-2002 10:57 AM

This was a graet idea but i kinda wish this part of the forum was not so sicluded, i wish those who may never go here could see it and mabey look at it, but as far as prayrs (sorry for the mispelling) my grandad to come to God, and most of my family, and 2e, he is a member of avalance (the paintballteam) real name steve Rakebok (i think thats his loast name) but he works at the Warped Sportz near were i live, but God reacently told me to start praying for him, cause he is way out there

Crime Dog 02-25-2002 02:18 AM

I know what ya mean about this part of the forum being kinda buried, but I'm thankful we at least have this here...even if it IS a bit hard to find at first. Just spread the word guys, that we're willing to pray for people, and that we care about guys hurts and needs. (Well, girls too, but let's face it, most of us here are guys.)

I'm continuing to pray for the needs here. Hey...here's an idea...when you see/hear an answer to your prayer, post it here as a good report! A "praise report" as it is! We'd love to hear how God is working in your lives!

unreal7 02-25-2002 08:53 AM

I would like to have some prayer for my dog. hes 18 and not for long in this world.

Freak 5150 02-25-2002 07:01 PM

My dad is a flight nurse, and today he flew in a patient to the hospital. Well to make the long story short, one of the nurses from the hospital accidently punctured my dads skin with a bloody IV. They put him on meds and are running test on the patients blood and my dads.
Could you guys pray that he doesn't contract anything.

AngrySloth 02-26-2002 10:21 PM

I try to stay away from the religion forum, too much arguing for me, but I do need prayers for someone. I can't mention his/her name, but he/she is being prosecuted for a crime he/she didn't commit. And this is a felony crime, not like vandalism or anything. Everyone I know including myself are saying prayers for him/her, but a few more couldn't hurt.
This would really mean a lot to me, so thanks in advance.

Crime Dog 02-27-2002 02:13 AM

*nods* God is just...we'll pray Sloth...