Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   First Endeavor (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   quest and shocker (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398758)

jtpro28 01-09-2007 12:41 PM

quest and shocker

Ive kinda just recently seen and heard of the quest and they remind me of a shocker soooo much. Are they pretty much the same thing?

Uziel Gal 01-09-2007 01:29 PM

They are somewhat similar - they are both spool valve operated markers, and the Quest's bolt design, though different from that of the Shocker, has more in common with the Shocker's bolt design than it does with the design of the DMs, PMs or the Ion. The marker has an LPR, something the Shocker doesn't, Autococker barrel threads, and a roller bearing trigger as standard - the NXT Shocker has roller bearings, the SFT doesn't. The Quest also has break beam eyes - the NXT does, while the SFT hasn't. The Quest also has a clamping feed neck as standard. The board features semi, PSP and NXL Modes, where the Shocker just has semi and ramping modes. The Quest board also has some adjustments that aren't available on the Shocker's Nerve board.

So, while there are similarities between the Shocker and Quest, there are also a lot of differences.

iliveforthis99 01-09-2007 02:12 PM

Also the the quest is more efficient then the shocker sft and the same if not a little more then the nxt. The quest may need a the gold members bolt to make it more efficient then the nxt though. The quest is also more simple to work on since there's no air lines that need replacing inside. And it's also more durable since if an o-ring goes bad while playing the gun will still work w/ no problems.

Uziel Gal 01-09-2007 02:24 PM

No internal hoses in a Shocker either - all airways are drilled in to the body.

DaBXRoMeO 01-10-2007 12:19 PM

and i believe the quest has an adjustable trigger frame u can move forward for a tighter feel or back for a wideer stance

jtpro28 01-10-2007 12:53 PM

when was the quest made? what year?

Uziel Gal 01-10-2007 01:11 PM

They first started appearing at the end of 2005, so the majority will be from 2006.

iridespyder 01-10-2007 04:55 PM

There are three versions. Each is a tad bit different. I personally have the Generation 3 which comes stock with WAS board. The grips are also different, but that doesn't make a difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBXRoMeO (Post 3868529)
and i believe the quest has an adjustable trigger frame u can move forward for a tighter feel or back for a wideer stance

Here is a good pic of mine that shows it.

.:{}:. 01-11-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridespyder (Post 3869084)
There are three versions. Each is a tad bit different. I personally have the Generation 3 which comes stock with WAS board,(I have Virtue in mine). The grips are also different, but that doesn't make a difference.

Here is a good pic of mine that shows it.

you have no idea what he is asking. you showed him a pic where you can see the options where the rail can attach. he was referring to the fact that the body is drilled and tapped in 2 different locations for the frame to be closer to the reg or closer to the end of the body.

the only differences between generations is the board, bolt, grips, lpr guage, and a newer lpr piston.

and where did you get a virtue chip? to my knowledge, they arent out yet.

iridespyder 01-13-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:{}:. (Post 3870052)
you have no idea what he is asking. you showed him a pic where you can see the options where the rail can attach. he was referring to the fact that the body is drilled and tapped in 2 different locations for the frame to be closer to the reg or closer to the end of the body.

the only differences between generations is the board, bolt, grips, lpr guage, and a newer lpr piston.

and where did you get a virtue chip? to my knowledge, they arent out yet.

I meant to say getting a Virtue Chip. To my knowledge, they should have them out in a few months.
Sorry about the pic, got mixed up and just posted a pic that shows how adjustable and customizable the gun is to make it more comfortable.

cjm555 01-18-2007 09:33 AM

Virtue should be out soon. IMO as a quest owner they are much better than shockers. very easy to maintain and shot very nice. the frame mounts in 2 diferent spots. one with the grip right up to the reg and one with a little space. the pic above looks like its back

Uziel Gal 01-18-2007 10:45 AM

If you have the old chip board, I would take the Nox Unleashed or Predator chip over a Virtue chip. For those with the newer WAS board, who need a complete board replacement, Lucky have recently released a board with Spitfire firmware, and TAG are developing a complete Predator board.

cjm555 01-18-2007 12:11 PM

There are a few problems with the bolt and the WAS board. some of the GoldMemeber bolts are alittle "out of round" and wear wrong so they break, and some of the was boards are bad. but if you call FEP they will replace them FREE! and fast

iridespyder 01-18-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBXRoMeO (Post 3868529)

ShockerGEEk 01-20-2007 09:40 AM

Gen 1-removable chip board, Angel grips, No LPR gauge
Gen 2-removable chip board, painted grips, has the LPR gauge
Gen 3-WAS board, New style grips, has LPR gauge

diablo/ionlover 02-08-2007 12:59 PM

Hey does anybody else think that the quest and FEP will become a big brand in time?

Uziel Gal 02-08-2007 02:42 PM

Were it not for the fact that I had a chance to purchase a limited v10.0 Predator Shocker board, which in turn has led to me ordering an Evil Shocker (already got a good board in my Nerve), this would have been my next marker.

FEP don't have the momentum behind them that Dye or Smart Parts have, and they suffer because of that - people don't always want to take chances on a newer company, and stick to what they know. Some are also influenced by what the Pro teams use - sponsoring a successful team might help FEPs profile, but smaller companies can't always afford a big sponsorship deal that would attract a big name team.

In my opinion, the Quest is better than a Shocker, even an NXT with all the upgrades that they have received. It is more efficient with the stock bolt than the Shocker is with the HE bolt, and can be made more efficient with the Gold Member bolt. It also has the LPR to control the bolt cycle pressure and protect the solenoid, which is something that I have always felt was lacking from the Shocker. Stock efficiency should be higher than that of a Dye marker as well.

It's impossible to say whether FEP will be able to break the Dye/Smart Parts stranglehold, but to my mind, it deserves to be more popular than it is.

Heroguy 02-08-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uziel Gal (Post 3905719)

It's impossible to say whether FEP will be able to break the Dye/Smart Parts stranglehold, but to my mind, it deserves to be more popular than it is.

see I find that funny because at oa paintball I can't walk around without seeing a quest so I'm not getting one.

Uziel Gal 02-08-2007 11:12 PM

I guess it depends where you are - only time I've seen them in the UK was on sale at the UK championships. You don't come across people using them on a day to day basis.

Anyway, if people are buying them in your area, perhaps it means that it's a good thing to buy..... ;)

cjm555 02-21-2007 09:36 AM

I dont see to many around my area. i am one of maybe 6 people that use them around South Dakota that i know of