Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Paintball Talk (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   $2.00 DropForward (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399023)

panterafan_1735 01-11-2007 07:07 PM

$2.00 DropForward

I've been wanting to try this for a while but I never really got around to it. Now that I have I wish I would have done it a lot sooner.

(sorry, bad pic)

My dads a plumber so I get these pipe clamps for free but at D&B there a buck-a-peice. I simply drilled a hole through the clamp and used the bottom line screws to afix it to the marker.

I can adjust the tank to wherever I like and it really feels good how close it is to my marker. It feels way more sturdy than any drop I've felt. This is actually my dads marker. Mines getting a hole milled in the top of it for a Rufus Dawg CenterFeed. I haven't got all the fittings yet either. I was thinking an on off (like the kind you get off remotes) and a 90 fitting should do the trick.

I made sure the whole in the clamps were just big enough for the bottom line screws.

I work with my dad in the summer, he's a plumber, and we use these on a pressure test equipment. These things can hold back a load man there pretty strong.

spyderpilot642 01-11-2007 07:12 PM

lol
good idea :tup:
i wouldnt like the feel of the tank being so far up but looks creative :tup:

TiPpYsGaLoRe 01-11-2007 08:07 PM

Don't ever try to play speedball with it.

panterafan_1735 01-11-2007 08:08 PM

Why:confused:

TiPpYsGaLoRe 01-11-2007 08:11 PM

You need to be compact in paintball, but that is just plain too close. You're going to be uncomfortable in a bunker trying to shoot that.

panterafan_1735 01-11-2007 08:15 PM

It feels a lot better than it looks I promise. I think it feels perfect, better than a drop even.

TiPpYsGaLoRe 01-11-2007 08:17 PM

Looks an awful lot like it touches your mask.

equipmentcounts 01-11-2007 08:21 PM

:tup:
That really isn't a drop foward, it is more of just a move foward.
It is actually a really good idea it gives you the shortend length of a drop foward but isn't massively tall like a drop foward.

I Don't use a drop foward and if move my face an inch I can touch my gun with my mask...

WTp8ntball 01-11-2007 09:26 PM

remember that the idea hasn't been field tested yet so don't give it too much negative critisizm. but i've held that same gun w/ that setup and it feels really good. moving it foreward without dropping it is an awsome idea. i wanted to do that to have my gun in that kind of a position before i got my drop foreward, but i couldn't figure out a way of doing it, but its an awsome idea bro.

buffaugust 01-12-2007 08:31 AM

seems like this should go into the custom mods forum.

Mentalmonkey10 01-12-2007 11:56 AM

^yes it should

Looks ok. I'd use it if I liked drops.

Team Chokepoint 01-12-2007 12:21 PM

It looks better than I expected, nice job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by equipmentcounts (Post 3870461)
That really isn't a drop foward, it is more of just a move foward.
It is actually a really good idea it gives you the shortend length of a drop foward but isn't massively tall like a drop foward.

Not quite. The tank is lower with this mod than with a stock bottomline, in addition to being further forward. Just look where the pin-valve is, and then compare that to where it would be if you had it mounted to an asa connected directly to the frame.

L BLOODY 01-12-2007 12:33 PM

Looks ugly and whatever people said about the balance/position of it but one thing I'll say is that I'm always a bit concerned about the stress the cylinder valve gets put under being hard-mounted to the marker and in this case I bet it gets a lot less wear etc.

I got a remote cable recently which i am very happy with partly for the reason I just explained.

Team Chokepoint 01-12-2007 12:41 PM

Stress? What stress? Not from cycling the marker. And moving it with this mod will not protect it in a bad dive.

L BLOODY 01-12-2007 01:13 PM

stress from the joint being part of the overall marker, trauma stress. And yes this setup will make the valve a lot less likely to get damaged in a 'bad dive' because the valve itself would have to hit the ground/object in order to receive trauma/shear. if you dropped the marker and it landed on the butt end of the tank there would be no stress on the valve whatsoever as opposed to if it were mounted as usual whereby it would take the brunt of the shock.

Zaunji 01-12-2007 03:13 PM

It doesn't look bad but I wouldn't do it... If I did I would use something that is not a towel for the "Tank protecting layer."

panterafan_1735 01-12-2007 04:19 PM

Why'd you put "quotation marks" around Tank protecting layer:confused:

Zaunji 01-12-2007 05:32 PM

Cuz I felt like putting "quotation marks" marks around tank protecting layer!

L BLOODY 01-12-2007 10:45 PM

To be quite honest I think if you're going to do something (for two dollars) you should do it properly (for two dollars).

- meaning there are simple things you could do/have done with this little mod to make it look and feel a lot less ghetto.

it's not like it's some messy looking 'millenium falcon' deal. (ooooor is it?....)

panterafan_1735 01-13-2007 01:12 AM

What could I use to make it less ghetto?