Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indian Creek Designs (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Lasoya and Standard Promaster (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401089)

MecTurtleCocker 01-29-2007 09:01 PM

Lasoya and Standard Promaster

Ok, well I have seen a BUTTLOAD of threads about this in days recent, and decided to make an all telling thread.

The Lasoya Promaster is described as having the following:
  • Dual gauge block and micro gauges for LPR (Low Pressure Reg) and HPR (High Pressure Reg)
  • Custom anodized Vigilante HPR (different design than the other ICD markers)
  • Speed Ramp Teflon bolt with curved top to further reduce paint breakage. Bolt also has ball detent grooves and bolt can be removed without having to entirely pull out the bolt pin
  • Smooth low profile lightweight body
  • Dust finish fade anodizing
  • New style LPR housing and Ram Cap have Quick Clean grooves. The grooves make it much easier to do disassembly by hand, but also wipe clean with a finger tip. When playing X-ball you don't want to spend hours getting paint out of every nook and cranny
  • Low rise feed neck
  • New trigger
  • New board functionality - far more adjustment possibilities including multiple firing modes and adjustable "debounce"
  • Cut out in the grip frame to allow you to put the battery in without removing the frame side. (need to use metal sleeved brand name batteries like Duracell and Energizer, some rechargeable batteries have a thick plastic casing on the batteries that makes installation and removal tight)
The Standard Promaster is described as:
  • Low pressure operation: 250-300psi normally adjusted via the gauge on the primary (input) regulator
  • Threaded low rise vertical feed tube
  • Quick pull pin for easy field-stripping
  • On/off indicating LED
  • Adjustable balls per second
  • Semi auto firing mode
  • 4-way adjustable trigger
  • Battery and board in grip for easy access
  • Wrap around rubber grip panels
  • Accepts standard .45 grip panels
  • 12 inch ported barrel with autococker/timmy threads
  • Paintball detection system so you never chop paint
  • Delrin bolt
  • Accepts standard duckbills and drop forwards
  • Low profile
  • Uses a single 9 volt battery for operation
So, what differentiates the two? Well...

-The Lasoya has a straight rear cut, while the standard model has an Intimidator style cut.

-The Lasoya's board has an adjustable debounce setting, while the standard model does not.

-With the Lasoya, it is easier to remove the battery.

-The Lasoya has a different, lighter bolt, with detent milling.

-The Lasoya comes in dust anodization, while the standard model comes in gloss colors.

-The triggers are different, preference desides which is better.

-The feedneck is the same, just lower profile than the one found on the Standard Promaster.

-The Lasoya has a different operating pressure gauge.

-The Lasoya has an Air America Vigilante regulator, instead of the lame ICD reg found on the standard model.

-The Lasoya has an LPR gauge in addition to the OPR gauge.

-The Lasoya's LPR has a different housing from the standard model.

At the end of the day, the Lasoya is a better marker stock. You can make the choice on which you would rather buy.

shlurpee 01-30-2007 06:36 AM

its about time this was written up...funny that there are so many questions about the two markers when the info is so readily available. People just like to be told things instead of figure it out themselves.

Nice thread.

lotus_esprit5 01-30-2007 10:20 AM

lol yeah, I love how ppl ask what the differences are when almost any website that sells the Lasoya tells you what the differences are. this was definately needed :tup:

ripp1971 01-30-2007 12:06 PM

Amen on that.
I was glad to see the differences I always wondered..

Thanks

Ripp

MecTurtleCocker 01-30-2007 07:15 PM

Thanks for the kind comments guys! See anything I might have missed?

lotus_esprit5 01-30-2007 07:53 PM

yep. in the "whats different" part at the end, you might add the LPR gauge (allowing you to see both the LPR and HPR pressures).

and I'm 99.9% sure the barrels are actually exactly the same.

thats all I can think of. I'll post again if I notice anything else. :tup:

MecTurtleCocker 01-31-2007 03:38 PM

Ah...Curse my front player who says the barrels are different!

Thanks.

Cocker22 01-31-2007 03:43 PM

Mec another great post, and much needed....

MecTurtleCocker 01-31-2007 04:55 PM

Went through it again, added the fact that there are 2 gauges, and the different LPR housing.

Thanks for the kind words!

microphage 01-31-2007 08:17 PM

sticky and PM's run on HPA right?

MecTurtleCocker 01-31-2007 08:42 PM

Yep. Don't try Co2, it really isn't worth damaging your noid to save a few bucks.

Evilspyder 02-01-2007 05:08 PM

I just got a Lasoys PM, I looked thru the manual, I cant figure out how to adjust all the fire modes. I see theres a dip switch there, but the manual does not show how to adjust from semi, ramp, etc.

Is there a faq on how to do all that?

MecTurtleCocker 02-01-2007 05:25 PM

Go to ICD's website and download a standard Promaster manual, it should work.

Evilspyder 02-01-2007 07:47 PM

Ok thanks. Is there a thread on how to take the marker apart?

MecTurtleCocker 02-01-2007 07:49 PM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...romaster&hl=en Thats a nice video, describing how to rip the gun into tons of tiny little pieces.

Evilspyder 02-02-2007 12:41 PM

Ok, i went to the ICD website to find out how to activate all the different firemodes of my Lasoya PM, I find anything for the Lasoya model, but i did find the fire modes for PM only;

semi
ramp auto
ramp
ramp burst

I dont see the settings for the Lasoya model.

MecTurtleCocker 02-02-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MecTurtleCocker (Post 3897152)
Go to ICD's website and download a standard Promaster manual, it should work.

Read the fancy, stand out font.

Terminate 02-05-2007 09:58 AM

ok so now i know the differences but why are so many sites selling the lasoya PM for cheaper than the standard???

Cocker22 02-05-2007 10:06 AM

Some of the reason is the LP was way over priced and much higher then the Promaster, so to sell more they lowered the price. However this is mec's thread so she'll take over from here.

lotus_esprit5 02-05-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminate (Post 3901384)
ok so now i know the differences but why are so many sites selling the lasoya PM for cheaper than the standard???

the lasoya PM was overpriced to begin with.

they've stopped production of it, the whole project got kinda messed up I think. Lasoya wasn't happy with the amount of input he had, the whole thing became a mess, and now everyone is trying to sell off the remaining stock of lasoya promasters cheap just to get rid of them. great opportunity for us!