Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infinity (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   is this true? (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415761)

eh,y not 06-29-2007 02:15 PM

is this true?

:eek: i was talking to some really skilled and experienced dude who owned everything from a pump gun to the 07 octane shocker , and he actually said that besides speed, the legend isnt too good because it does not feel at all good(he described it as akward) in your hand and it also is definatly not the lightest gun and the shocker is lighter, plus its really loud. should i believe what im hearing? i kinda dont want to but he really knows his stuff...

(it might be personal preference though...)

DirtyBirdy51 07-01-2007 01:07 PM

his comments on the "feel" of the legend are opinionated, and obviously have to do with personal preference.

the legend is a really light gun tho. the most common comparison you will hear is that it is lighter than an 06 ego. recently, i had a chance to compare it to a marq 7, and imo (with no digital scale to tell difference), the legend is lighter than that too. wether the legend is lighter than a shocker depends on the model of shocker its being compared to.

the legend, like any other gun, when tuned correctly can be a very quiet gun. it is by no means loud out of the box. again, i would compare the noise level to the likes of an ego, but then again, im not really worried about how loud my gun is.

Tabris17 07-01-2007 01:16 PM

Feel is a matter of personal opinion and one persons like for the marker. Some people like 07 Egos where as I can't stand the feel of them, despite them being very popular. Unless somebody has a legitimate complaint like a gauge is in the way or something is angled funny, I usually brush it off.
Loudness compared to a shocker is really just laughable. A shocker is a spool valve a Legend is a fasor designed ram/poppet. All ram/poppet markers are going to be louder then spools by design. I shoot a Ripper 1 timmy that sounds like a beast on the field and I could care less about the marker being quiet honestly. In speedball quietness is the last thing on peoples minds usually, it's kick you need to worry about. And the legend doesn't have all that much.
As far as being light, shockers have always been light. Legends are milled and designed differently so they may be heavier by a tiny bit. In this day and age weight is negligible honestly and people think it's the biggest thing to have the single lightest set up. I used to shoot an unmilled 03 Viking and that thing was easily three pounds or more and I still rained down some pain with it. If it weighs more then a shocker big deal, if you can wield it like a pro then there's nothing to worry about.
He was feeding you a bunch of personal preference and playing it off as knowledge from the sound of it.

DirtyBirdy51 07-01-2007 01:28 PM

agreed, i dont think that it's so much weight now that makes the difference, but rather balance. b/c any gun could weigh 1.5 lbs, but once a paint filled hopper and tank is thrown on there, anything is heavy.

eh,y not 07-02-2007 09:53 AM

is the egg really the lightest hopper (except gravity feed)?oh and thanks everybody, its true that was all personal preference but he made it sound so official...

Tabris17 07-02-2007 02:44 PM

Anybody could make it sound official with enough effort.

eh,y not 07-02-2007 04:20 PM

ya.... but the egg question?

Tabris17 07-02-2007 04:49 PM

VLocity or Vlocity Jr is probably the lightest.

Uziel Gal 07-03-2007 12:44 AM

Run a search in the Loader forum for the word "grams" and you should be able to find a few threads where I have listed the weight of a few different loaders, with and without batteries in some cases.

The VLocity/Jr. is the lightest of the full force feed loaders, and lighter than the Evlution 2 and 3 by a fair margin, but there are a lot of other loaders that are lighter than the Evlutions. Apaches certainly, and pretty much all the agitated loader (not sure if that was what you meant by gravity, or if you meant simple gravity loaders without an agitator).

If you are looking for the lightest of the fast loaders, the VLocity's are where to look. The Evlution's are actually some of the heavier loaders out there.

mugenXP 07-08-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eh,y not (Post 4054657)
:eek: i was talking to some really skilled and experienced dude who owned everything from a pump gun to the 07 octane shocker , and he actually said that besides speed, the legend isnt too good because it does not feel at all good(he described it as akward) in your hand and it also is definatly not the lightest gun and the shocker is lighter, plus its really loud. should i believe what im hearing? i kinda dont want to but he really knows his stuff...

(it might be personal preference though...)

hes pretty much correct, except he exaggerated everything.

and tabris, sound actually does matter, your opponents have a faster reaction time if you have a louder gun. like if your opponents weren't facing you, and you start shooting him outta no where, he will definitely hear it and duck down. with a shocker, sometimes they don't even hear it at all and get shot out. at least that is how it was for me from when I had my 05 ego, and then now my nxt shocker. not on every single occasion but it definitely happens.

DirtyBirdy51 07-09-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugenXP (Post 4061043)
hes pretty much correct, except he exaggerated everything.

and tabris, sound actually does matter, your opponents have a faster reaction time if you have a louder gun. like if your opponents weren't facing you, and you start shooting him outta no where, he will definitely hear it and duck down. with a shocker, sometimes they don't even hear it at all and get shot out. at least that is how it was for me from when I had my 05 ego, and then now my nxt shocker. not on every single occasion but it definitely happens.

the whole sound thing is opinionated for sure.

mugenXP 07-09-2007 03:37 PM

its not "opinion"... its more of "circumstance".. if you watch closely and pay attention, you can actually see that it does happen every now and then.

Macdev_Militia6 01-26-2009 09:34 AM

Definately mistaken on all of it, i have a dust black 07 and let me tell you... it feels amazing, everything about its feeling is pure sechs. trigger frame has a very large trigger opening and the trigger is super fast. Not to mention that this gun is extremely efficient, i get almost 2300 shots off of an 88/4500 lp tank (1800-1900 from a 68) with the lightened rammer

Uziel Gal 01-26-2009 01:01 PM

Again, that it feels amazing for you is a matter of preference and opinion - the fact that you like it doesn't mean that everyone will. The only way to know if something feels right - in your own hands, not in anyone else's - is to pick one up for yourself.

As this thread was over six months old prior to the most recent post, it is being closed.