Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   SP-1 (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Best Barrel for the SP-1? (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427751)

chardy86 05-11-2008 06:35 PM

Best Barrel for the SP-1?

What is it? gonna buy one just wanna know what i need thanks

Let me Know

SavageBall666 05-12-2008 01:25 PM

i really like stiffi's and find them very accurate but i dont know if it will fit past the shroud i havent put a new barrel on my sp-1 yet. if your going for the tactical look smart parts make the 16 and 20 inch barrels but i would really actually call them 14 and 18 because the last two inches is just for looks i guess or i think it might supress sound a little bit

iliveforthis99 05-12-2008 01:34 PM

Get a nice barrel kit like a Evil Pipe, Powerlyte Scepter, or something to match the gun a J&J Edge kit.

willisjdeck15 05-13-2008 12:07 PM

hey does anyone know if the jj full tilt ceramic barrel is any good, and if it will fit the shroud?

iliveforthis99 05-13-2008 01:50 PM

Nice thread jack. :dodgy:

J&J barrels are pretty nice.

HeAdShOt08 10-28-2008 02:38 PM

Im goin lapco since my budget is low and i want a nice barrel

HeAdShOt08 10-28-2008 02:39 PM

oops sry this thread is old didn't see

svinyard 02-01-2009 07:55 AM

What about a Palmer Brass barrel? I'd like a 16in barrel but I have heard the Tactical ones from SmartParts are picky with paint...that is something I definitely dont want to deal with.

iliveforthis99 02-01-2009 09:13 AM

PPS barrels are really nice from what i've heard if you don't mind paying that much for a one piece barrel. Don't get a 16" barrel though, they are useless and are more of a hinder then doing any good.

Six_Shooter 02-01-2009 03:49 PM

I've used a couple Freaks with my SP-1. Both borrowed until the local shop gets more Freaks in.

I'ver looked at other barrels, like the J&J, Stiffi, Deathstix, Python and have decided for me the Freak is the way to go.

I almost bought the Deathstix, due to the reverse thread between the sizer/back and the front, the sizer can't get stuck in the breach/shroud. The Stiffi has a short sizer and am concerned about the front seperating from the back upon attempted barrel removal.

A friend of mine bought the J&J for his SP-1 and seems to like it.

The Python I have the same concern about the back staying in the breach/shroud when removing the barrel. There are also only 5 sizers available.

The Freak also has the most available inserts/sizers I've seen, at a pretty inexpensive price, I could also make custom sizers on my Grandfather's lathe if I feel the need to.

If I ever change markers or buy another one that doesn't share the same thread I only need to buy one back, not another complete kit.

svinyard 02-02-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iliveforthis99 (Post 4249199)
PPS barrels are really nice from what i've heard if you don't mind paying that much for a one piece barrel. Don't get a 16" barrel though, they are useless and are more of a hinder then doing any good.

Interesting, so no 16in then. Well I really just don't want to have to deal with paintbreaks etc. Thats what I like about the SP1 is that low force bolt alongside a good barrel thats not breaking anything. I'm not sure if a barrel kit/inserts are the way to go or a good brass palmer...or I guess something cheaper. Someone suggested a Winforce barrel. Maybe a J&J would be fine...I just don't want to deal with breaks all the time as the fields make you use their own paint but sometimes its just trash.

iliveforthis99 02-02-2009 11:52 AM

With 16" barrels the chance of a paintball breaking is sightly higher i believe because of the length. Personally i'd rock a CP or J&J one piece on them, great barrels for only about $30. Then again i've been happy with using my Ions stock barrel on it. If can afford a kit they might be something to look into but they are not needed.

highflight1985 02-11-2009 01:42 PM

iliveforthis99,

Can you post a link to the exact listing from an online dealer of the CP and/or J&J barrells you're referring to. Newb here and can't make heads or tails of how to determine if a barrel is compatible.

Thanks...

iliveforthis99 02-11-2009 02:10 PM

SP1's use Impulse/Ion threaded barrels. actionvillage.com has Ceramics. For some reason i'm having a hard time finding CP barrels in Imp/Ion threads, i know they make them but no one seems to carry them right now.

Klim0009 02-11-2009 02:27 PM

http://customproducts.us/

CP has ion threaded barrels straight from there site.

.Destroy. 03-05-2009 01:24 PM

i liked the stock barrel, i was using super hideously awful paint, and still it was more accurate with the stock barrel than with my 16 linear barrel. the freak is a great system if you have the cash