Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bob Long (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Bob Long Maintenance (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439052)

4THDEGREE 04-04-2011 11:31 AM

pictures would help. Hybrid is most likely the manufacturer of the grip not hte gun model. the leak could be a faulty gauge, need for better seal on the threads of the gauge. Pull the bolt pin up and slide the bolt out, look down into the bolt slide area and you will see a slot cut in the bod. You should be able to see the ram through that slot and you should be able to see the two raised areas on the ram that bolt pin goes down between. See the stickys for routine maintenance. Post up pics and we can tell you what model Timmy you have. Welcome to the family.

MADDAWG99X 04-04-2011 04:36 PM

Bob Long Maintenance

so my friend gave me a bob long intimidator and on the handle it says hybrid so im assuming thats the type of bob long it is? i know nothing about bob longs. you can hear an air leak at the pressure gague and the bolt doesnt lock into anything it just slides up and down. any ideas?

4THDEGREE 04-04-2011 05:32 PM

pictures would help. Hybrid is most likely the manufacturer of the grip not hte gun model. the leak could be a faulty gauge, need for better seal on the threads of the gauge. Pull the bolt pin up and slide the bolt out, look down into the bolt slide area and you will see a slot cut in the bod. You should be able to see the ram through that slot and you should be able to see the two raised areas on the ram that bolt pin goes down between. See the stickys for routine maintenance. Post up pics and we can tell you what model Timmy you have. Welcome to the family.

fishballer06 04-05-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4THDEGREE (Post 4292771)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDAWG99X (Post 4292770)
so my friend gave me a bob long intimidator and on the handle it says hybrid so im assuming thats the type of bob long it is? i know nothing about bob longs. you can hear an air leak at the pressure gague and the bolt doesnt lock into anything it just slides up and down. any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4THDEGREE (Post 4292772)

Pete is using his super power's to take over this thread :dodgy:

But anyways, welcome to the Bob Long family. I'm sure you won't be let down once you get this marker back up and running.

Try everything he suggested. Are you saying the bolt isn't locking or the bolt isn't cocking? Hopefully your marker wasn't given to you with a ram in it, which could be the reason why it's not locking into anything. The reason the bolt might not be cocking back could be because the LPR is not supplying enough pressure to the bolt. Based on how bad the leak is around the gauge, that could be the cause. If the leak is subtle, turn the LPR pressure up.

bshizzle88 04-16-2011 08:14 PM

These guns reliable?

AmbushOrigin 04-17-2011 06:11 AM

uh huh...