Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Masks (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What mask should I get? (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439120)

Bigjoe11 05-05-2011 09:28 AM

What mask should I get?

I'm sure this forum has seen this been asked a thousand times, but i was wondering what mask would be the best for my money. I probably want something with a double walled lens so it doesn't fog up on me, a quick to change lense, and really good protection. By really good protection I mean that it actually covers my forehead, ears, and the bottom of my face, i have seen several that just leave too much room. I don't want to be talking and then get nailed in the jaw because my mask is too short.

i have looked at a lot of reviews but there are sooooo many masks I just want to make sure I don't miss any masks I haven't seen that that I like better.

Thanks for any input!

btw, I have a walmart mask and I was wondering how safe it really is, the people at the shop say the lenses arent as sturdy at others :eek: . But then again they also told me hoppies oil would fry my gun and it says to use it in the A5 manual for the gun I baught from them.

Bigjoe11 05-06-2011 03:58 PM

probably about $60 or under

sadpanda 05-06-2011 06:24 PM

It really depends on how much you are looking to spend. Shoot me a price range and I can give you specifics.

Bigjoe11 05-07-2011 03:03 PM

ok, cool, I'll look in to it

Coenen 05-07-2011 03:38 PM

V-Force Profilers.

/thread

brickdoctor 05-07-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coenen (Post 4293132)
V-Force Profilers.

/thread

I agree they are my fav also

Bigjoe11 05-08-2011 12:30 PM

my brother got the jt flex and his double paned lense got full of water when he washed it and he says it doesn't went well so it looks like the profiler is the best choice. I've also heard the lense is much easier to take out.

4THDEGREE 05-09-2011 11:45 AM

My favorite for lenses is my E-Vents, but I also love my Profiler for it's fit.

Bigjoe11 05-09-2011 02:33 PM

Ok, I looked at the profiler and it looks like the thermal lense is just a reqular lense coated with anti fog stuff that wears off. I was wondering if there were any masks that have double pained lenses and are quick to take out, clean, and put back in. I know JT has these lenses, but they are impossable to take out, and even harder to put back in.

Is this mask any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300549572732

Bigjoe11 05-09-2011 06:08 PM

the thing I don't like about the profiler is the thermal lens has an anti-fog coating, which I heard rubs off over time. I would rather get a more permanent solution like double paned lenses, but in the jt they aren't removable. Are there any double paned lenses that are EASILY removable for cleaning, like how V Force lenses pop out?

Bigjoe11 05-10-2011 08:14 AM

v force it is then, thanks for the help!

Coenen 05-10-2011 11:04 AM

I wouldn't worry about it dude. I've been using V-Force lenses down here in Georgia and Bama where heat and humidity are a way of life and they don't fog. Even during summer time right after it's rained.

If you take proper care of the lenses they can last for quite some time. That means picking up a nice micro-fiber cloth and using proper technique to clean the lenses after you play.

The fine print that comes with most masks recommends changing lenses every year in the first place, and honestly, from a safety standpoint changing them every season makes good sense if you're using them a lot.

2nwyka 06-03-2011 11:02 AM

I really like my Kingman Java. It's got a nice polarized lens and is sturdy as crap. The JT Proflex is a good mask as well. It doesn't matter greatly because all masks must be ASTM certified for impact. The only mask I would not reccomend is a Brass Eagle...I test fired at one I had picked up at a garage sale and the lense nearly shattered from the first impact. Two shots later and it was obliterated. Get something good, but in my opinion it's not as important as other things. It is an important piece of gear because it keeps your eyes intact, but as long as it is ASTM certified, you're good to go.