Paintball Forums

Paintball Forums (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/index.php)
-   Low-End Electronic Markers (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Don't understand this forum? (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81205)

Ice 08-17-2002 01:29 PM

For those who don't know,

(I think this is what they mean)

Any gun that is a blowback, with a electronic trigger frame on it, making it a electro blow back, or hybrid. Will fall under this category.

For example,
Spyder flash
Spyder e-99
Black Dragun
E-ranger
And many more.

Flanders 08-17-2002 01:40 PM

i think it's like spyder espirit..not positive

AK47 08-17-2002 02:24 PM

whats your point?

Lorquas 08-17-2002 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AK47
whats your point?
This is to clear up any confusion. Like the confusion in the hybrid electro forum...

-=ReD-hAzE=- 08-17-2002 06:33 PM

:laugh:@Mr. Humpey

team hessians 08-17-2002 09:07 PM

this forum is for all the new e-grip blowbacks. like black draguns, e-99s, flashes, e-forces, etc etc tec. I think this forum wa a good idea.

Forest Spyder 08-18-2002 01:52 PM

it's about time

Magnus55 08-23-2002 05:47 PM

The way Sid explained it to us was pretty much what Ice already said. Just any blowback gun with an electronic trigger basically. As most of you know, the paintball industry has been expanding to make the ever popular fast shooting electronic markers more marketable to the growing paintball community. Blow back/electronic hybrids were the result for people who didn't want to spend the cash for an angel, but wanted the performance of an electronic marker. :)

weltmaker 06-20-2003 10:36 AM

sear trippers

the other one 10-16-2003 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by weltmaker
sear trippers

Gotta love 'em.

danegerous05 04-16-2004 08:35 PM

What about...

Would the new pmi piranha evos fall under this category?? because they just have lcd with odometer and other stuff but i don't think trigger is electro not. hmmmm

tippMANntech 06-10-2004 01:33 AM

ok so tell me if this is correct

if you payed to much its a high end semi?

if its a 100% mechanical with sear is a blowback?

if there is no sear its electronic?

if you have to pump it its pump?

if its a blowback with egrip to trip a sear its hybrid blowback?

it is a high end semi and uses egrip is hybrid electro?

hope so cuz its got me all confused

bigfill10708 09-09-2004 05:43 PM

i think thats the main idea. except that part about paying too much for hybrid blowbacks. i have seen and played with some cockers that weren't E-forced or bladed that were wicked fast and worth every penny.

jomo_coco_promo 04-15-2008 06:45 PM

would a icd promaster fit?

Uziel Gal 04-15-2008 10:28 PM

Not really. It may be considered a lower-end marker, in comparison to a DM or Ego for example, but in method of operation, it takes it's form from high-end electronic markers - a budget high-end if you will.

If you use the definition that has been agreed on above, that a low-end electro is a mechanical blow-back equipped with an e-frame, the Promaster doesn't fit that decription - it's a true electro-pneumatic, not a sear tripper.

fuzzyllama 04-16-2008 06:19 PM

i nhave never seen the mod ice before in my life until this thread.

hmmm this clears things up for me now. but that is another thing, high end low end by price, or by operation. hmmm b/c nowadays price may be more of a determining factor, seeing that more and more guns operate ep

Uziel Gal 04-16-2008 11:14 PM

I get what you are saying, but then, how do older markers fit in? Does an old high-end marker become a low-end, just because it isn't as expensive as it used to be? It isn't always clear cut.

Operation is a handy divider between markers, as there are no grey areas.

More and more now, it appears we need a middle point for markers that are cheap, lower quality, but have features more akin to a high-end marker, but that just increases the number of grey areas - where do you draw the line for what is in the middle category and what is in the high category?

fuzzyllama 04-17-2008 07:08 PM

lol middle end would make it complicated.

Well you could say this is an old high end, and specify that it is high end by old standards, and with what it compares with. besides, with people throwing away cockers and pumps and the such, and having most people only wanting a 20+ bps marker with eyes that is an electro, i hve a feeling almost everyone will go by price rather than function, seeing as almost all of the new markers perform as ep

Uziel Gal 04-17-2008 10:59 PM

In which case, you may as well just talk about low cost and high cost markers. :P

In some respects, you would expect a more expensive marker to be higher quality, have higher performance etc. but it isn't always the case.

After all, if you gold plated and diamond crusted a Pinto, it would be expensive, but it still wouldn't be in the same performance league as a Lamborghini. ;)