View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
mmsspaintball__
pEH!ntballer

[...Continued From Above...]

[color=orange-red]My TES is leaking out of the front block and front block screw, how do I stop it?:[/color] This seems to be a very common issue with the TESs - luckily it's really easy to fix (Hooray!). Simply get a roll of teflon tape (which is available for less than $1 at your local hardware store) and wrap it around the part of the front block where the three green o-rings (the part that goes into the gun body). If this doesnt work, and/or you can hear air leaking from the front block screw (#37), try wrapping it [the screw] with teflon tape as well. This will hopefully solve your air leaking problem. NEW!

[color=orange-red]Is it ready to play with right out of the box?:[/color] Mine was . It came with the reg set at 300 psi, velocity ~285 +/- 5. But I've heard that some people have had to do quite a bit of fiddling to get it right . I guess it depends which one you get.

[color=orange-red]How many bps can it shoot?:[/color] It comes preset at 15 on semi mode, 10 on Auto, but with both you can make it go up to 20 bps (recommended).

[color=orange-red]Does it have a Full Auto mode?:[/color] No . It has an Auto mode, but this is not full auto. It simply makes the trigger more reactive/sensitive so it doesn't take as long of a pull to fire the marker. This is actually good because it makes the gun tourney legal. And besides, you can rarely use full auto anywhere besides in your backyard as a novelty.

[color=orange-red]Does it come with a battery and charger?:[/color] No, unfortunately you'll have to buy one yourself. Make sure you get a good brand like Energizer or Duracell, and not just cheapo, extra value, low performance ones because you'll notice the difference when your firing quickly.

[color=orange-red]Does it have an external recharge port like a Spyder?:[/color] No, it doesn't. But it's not really that hard to replace the battery anyways, just use a standard Phillips (+) screwdriver and unscrew 2 screws on the grip frame, take out the battery and put it in a charger.

[color=orange-red]Will my new Nitro Tank fit on the TES's [pathetic] Drop Forward?:[/color] It depends on the type of tank, but the ASA can slide back about 1/4" to accommodate for your tanks guage. My Pure Energy 68/3k fits well, but I have the ASA pulled back a bit.

[color=orange-red]Will a 20oz CO2 tank fit?:[/color] Yes, it should, but you might have to pull the ASA back a bit.

[color=orange-red]How do I adjust my velocity?:[/color] You use the regulator to adjust velocity. If you can't get it high enough, then you may have to replace the main spring with a heavier one.

[color=orange-red]What pressure does the TES run at?:[/color] Approximately 300 psi but it can go from ~200-~500 if you wanted to.

[color=orange-red]Can I replace the stock grips with Sticky Grips or other grips?:[/color] Most likely not. The TES uses a Dragun specific M92 frame, which is different than a 45 frame (which is what most stickies are for) and also different than the spyder frame (the set screws are in different places).

[color=orange-red]What type of drop forward/bottom line holes does the TES have?:[/color] It has standard inline holes. But I also has metric threads, therefore spyder screws are needed.

[color=orange-red]Does it have an adjustable feed neck?:[/color] Adjustable, no. Removable and replaceable for an adjustable feed neck, yes. It is a 2 piece design, meaning you can unscrew the top part. NOTE: The stock feed neck is fairly small and may require you to sand your hoppers feed neck (I had to with my Egg).

[color=orange-red]Just how good is the TES, should i get it over a [insert marker here]?:[/color] Well, it entirely depends on which gun, but I don't think it's out of place to say that
the TES is the best hybrid blowback out there for the price range. (check out the Evil Omen if your looking to pay a bit more but still want the simplicity of a blowback). It has an electronic eye which practically eliminates chops in the breech, and LCD grip with shot counter, timer, and battery meter. It's top-cocking, the milling is sick, it comes in a bunch of wicked fade colors, it takes many spyder parts and its generally very upgradable. The V/A (which has a guage on it stock) and the LPC are also very high flowing and look cool too. The downsides are that the clear grips are kinda ugly and wide, the thread on the ASA, reg and hose are metric (which is not the standard for paintball) which makes it hard to upgrade only the d/f or only the reg. The stock drop forward is also pretty small, but heh, it's better than nothing .

[color=orange-red]Where can I get a TES, and how much does it cost?:[/color] Well on average, a TES will run you around 230$US, but I got mine for 215$US Shipped to Canada. I don't think I'm allowed to post the site here, but if you check out my sig, there is a link there.
Mods, if I'm not allowed to do this them please tell me, and I'll be glad to change it to fix it to follow the rules...

[color=orange-red]UPGRADES:[/color] Check HERE for the most current list of upgrades and where they can be found. (Good Job schoolsukz08) NEW!

[color=orange-red]Good Upgrades:[/color] One Kit, Zenitram trigger, [soon to be] ACP Slasher for Draguns, Evlution II or Halo B, Nitro, New Barrel, New Reg and Drop (because if you switch one of them you'll have to switch the other because of the weird metric threads), Java 9.6 v Rechargeable Battery, Timmy bolts, lots more...

[color=orange-red]Bad Upgrades:[/color] Macro Line or S/S hose if you don't upgrade your reg and drop too, bad-quality/old/used 9v batteries for the frame, spyder grips - because they won't fit

TIP: When replacing your ball detent, be sure not to screw it in to tightly, for this will strip the threads and break apart the ball detent. Also, it will make it very loose in the future and may perhaps be lost.
Also, (from below) the TES can supposedly take autococker ball detents with minor adjustments [Un-Verified].

TIP: As stated below, the TES will take Intimidator bolts (with perhaps a few modifications) and the stock TES bolt pin.

TIP: TES not recocking? Check out THIS THREAD. You might find out whats wrong by reading that. NEW!

TIP: Want to mod your TES's trigger switch? Well click HERE to find out how. NEW!

TIP: Hate those ugly, clear, see-through grips on your TES and don't want to buy new ones? Well then paint the backs using THIS method. (Thank you kangaroodent) NEW!

========================================

As for the manual part, since it says nothing about adjusting modes and what everything does on the LCD screen/menu (even though its kind of obvious ), I made a Menu Instructions Tutorial. I'm not sure if that will work, but i don't know any sites that let you host .swf files (Someone please tell me -> PM)

========================================

Please feel free to post here or PM me anything you want to add.
If this thread does well I will continue to upgrade it as often as possible.

P.S. to Calebd2 or other moderators, I doubt this will get stickied, but if for some reason it does, that would be cool.

Last edited by mmsspaintball__ : 02-07-2004 at 12:55 PM.
mmsspaintball__ is offline   Reply With Quote