View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #2
ShootPaint
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to ShootPaint
You arent adjusting the regs properly.

The Bushy's LPR should only be used to make extremely fine adjustments to the FPS. Roughly 5fps changes. All other adjustment should come from the HPR.

The best settings I have found for the B2K4's are around 250-275psi with stock valve and 225-250psi with aftermarket valve.

Set your HPR to the above level depending on what type of valve you have.

Now that we have the HPR covered lets move onto the LPR. There are a couple of different versions of adjustment for the LPR. There is the minimum operating pressure adjustment and the maximum operating pressure adjustment proceedure. I do a little of both since there are advantages to each one.

Minimum LPR pressure adjustment proceedure
Start with your LPR adjustment knob turned out far enough the marker will not cock when gassed up.
With the marker gassed up turn the LPR knob clockwise until your bolt if fully cocked. Once the bolt is fully cocked go a half turn more.

This proceedure will set the LPR to run at its minimum pressure. It allows the marker to be easier on paint but usually leaves the consistantcy of the marker a little wider than other methods. You should see + or - 5-7FPS from shot to shot with this adjustment proceedure.

Maximum Pressure adjustment proceedure
Start with your LPR adjustment knob turned out far enough the marker will not cock when gassed up.
With the marker gassed up turn the LPR knob clockwise until you hear the marker vent gas from the gripframe. Once you hear the venting gas slowly turn the LPR knob counter clockwise, while cycling the marker, until the gas no longer vents.

This proceedure will set the LPR to run at its maximum pressure. It is harder on paint but allows the ram assembly to cycle slightly quicker, it is usually a little more consistant. You will see 3-5fps change from shot to shot with this proceedure.

Once you have your LPR adjusted you can use your HPR to dial in your FPS. This is the basics of how to adjust your regs.

How I adjust my regs

I set my HPR as described above, depending on the valve.
I next adjust my LPR until the marker cycles. Once the marker cycles I goto a chrono and adjust the HPR to reach my desired FPS.
As the HPR is increased I usually have to raise the LPR just slightly to allow for the valve to open properly. Once I get the marker cycling at the desired FPS I adjust the LPR until I see my FPS drop. When my FPS drops I back out the LPR until I see the FPS increase. When the FPS increases I back the HPR off about 5-10 psi to get back to my originally desired FPS.

This proceedure is what I use on my personal markers and I have been able to keep them at + or - 1-2 fps and even had one marker that ran + or - .5fps by using this proceedure.

One thing I recommend that I am sure some people will disagree with me on is the lubing of your regs. I dont recommend your regs be lubed after every day of play. I personally dont lube my regs on my markers after every day of play. I usually lube them about every 7-10 cases of paint or when I see consistancy issues, which is usually every 7-10 cases of paint. I am a firm believer in the theroy, "If its not broke dont fix it!!!" I honestly believe a lot of the issues people have with their markers is self induced do to to much cleaning and lubing, but to each there own.

I hope this helps.
no silly, Greg is ICD God. Who do you think makes all the Bushmasters? Shootpaint is like the ICD Jesus, cultivating the minds of the faithful and spreading the word throughout the unenlightened masses .
Except not quite as jewish.
(to any real live jews out there, I'm jk, its all in good fun )
ShootPaint.com for all your ICD needs.
Factory Trained and authorized ICD Tech.

1) Custom FreeStyle solid blue ano with Silver highlights
2) Custom Solid Red FreeStyle Bone stock)
3) B2K
ShootPaint is offline   Reply With Quote