View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 AM   #35
Lopez17
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustink2much View Post
just wondering but what would happen if ur computer was IP banned and someone else at ur house had a different account. could they get on it at that comp. or would it ban them?
It would ban them. If the IP is banned, any connection from that IP is blocked from getting into the site. We do this with spammers, and people who persistently create dual accounts; especially those who add no value to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyballer13 View Post
all he ever does on this site is try to get enough posts to become a mod pffhh lol.....and to try to help people out.
We look for quality of posts, not quantity of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyballer13 View Post
Hi my friend who really enjoys this site and was the one who told me about it has been banned. The reason he was banned was b/c he had been banned before. The reason he was banned before was b/c he let one of our friends use his name to check out the site. When the friend got on he decided to check out the chat. He got on the chat and (being 13) started to mouth off to guys and talk trash. So my friend (woodsballa13) got banned. He figured ehhh wasnt my fault no big deal i'll just make another account (ionwoodsballa13) and just recently he was banned for coming back. The only reason he came back was not to flame people or spam on the chat but to learn about paintball. I think that my friend (ionwoodsballa13) should be unbanned b/c it wasnt his fault. He just want to learn more about this sport so he can help it grow and become better. Please unban ionwoodsballa13.

Being that I was the one that did the ban, here's the facts. Your "friend" has multiple accounts. It's your friend's responsibility to safeguard his account. He screwed up the first time by letting a disreputable person use the account. He screwed up again by created a new one. His biggest mistake was letting his "friend" dyehardkrew log in from his IP. DHK has created multiple accounts here and has been a pain. All his accounts and any site he's logged into PBR from are all now IP Banned. Even if I unbanned your friend Woodsballa13, he'd still be blocked out due to the IP ban.

Long story short, we have rules and a TOS agreement for this site. The rules are located at the top of every sub forum. They're not hard to follow or understand. He broke the rules. Then he did it again. Then his friend did. I see nothing in your argument that's compelling enough to even think of discussing unblocking his IP or lifting a ban.

Not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.