View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 08:37 AM   #88
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Well ladies and gents, it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's day +18 and I may finally get to go home in a couple of days. Well out of the hospital anyway. My home is to far from the hospital and my doctor wants me to stay closer for a month or two after I get out. I will have clinic appointments 3-4 times a week for at least the first month, so my doc can tweek my meds and make sure I am doing ok in general.

Got the colonoscopy, and let me tell you, it was interesting. The procedure is not bad at all. Because they sedated me and I never knew what was going on. The prep for it was the worst. You have to drink 4 liters of this liquid in 2-1/2 hours. Then you end up on the toilet for the next 3-4 hours. Essentially a full intestinal flush. The stuff you drink is called Go-Lightly. I would love to know the comedian who named that stuff. I was going anything but lightly.
Anyway the test came up negative for graft Vs host disease, which is a good thing at this point.

So with the output end of things under control, now it is just sit and wait for my blood counts to come back up. At this point today I am at the threshold of being able to be released back into the wild safely. I'm just waiting for my infection fighting cells to come up to a safe enough level. Then it is good bye hospital....well for now anyway.

I've been feeling a bit better in the last couple of days. I am happy about that. However I have had this metalic taste in my mouth for the last few days, and my taste buds are shot because of the chemo so nothing tastes right. It should come back at some point, but who knows when.

Well the doc just came in to check on me for today, so I have to go for now. I will keep you all posted. Maybe next time I will be out of my cell.

Never give up! Never surrender!
Flame
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote