View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #79
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTarget04 View Post
Now to you HHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

FSU 2 titles, not to mention Bobby Bowden is a legend in college football, Miami 5 titles. These are all programs that have had very good sucess in the past. Sure they may not stack up to your great and glorious Crimson tide but face it we are talking about the present now and teams that have, in the past few years done well. I dont know how many people need to come in here and chime in about tradition not meaning anything for the topic of this upcoming season, and you continue to go back to "tradition" as to warrant who is a better team or not. Guess thats what you have to do coming off a season like your guys did last year.

And about the AP rankings meaning nothing they kinda help determine who plays for the title and who in the end is eventually awarded said title. So yeah seems like its kind of a big deal to me.

I'm also well aware of Bama's 10-2 record in 2005 and I'm also well aware of who ended your hopes of a national title bid/undefeated season that year....drum roll please.............LSU.
When does having 2 national championships make you a program with rich tradition. Since when does having one coach make you a program with rich tradition? FSU was a nobody until Bowden brought the program to its present status. They have had good luck and have been successful in the last quarter of a century, but that does not make you rich in tradition.

I have never used tradition to judge how a team will do this year or last year, I use tradition only to look at football program as a whole. Again you are using assumptions.

Being in the top 25 means nothing, being 1 or 2 means everything, I will even expand it to being in the top 5.

HAHA, you actually thought we had a chance to get a national championship in 2005. I am sorry, but even if we went undefeated, we would have never made it to the championship game.

pantzaroff16

And who was this?

Copyright Collegeboy 2007, 2008, 2009

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Get well Flamethrower
CollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote