View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
IronCorps
Banned

Send a message via AIM to IronCorps Send a message via Yahoo to IronCorps
The Ultimate Wrath and Wrath LTD comparision (56k Mega Death)

Greetings diablo chaps. I figured i'd make use of my somewhat not-crappy digital camera, and my 2 wraths. With enough questions being asked in the chat, i figured i might as well get a detailed thread up.

I have rostered 75 pictures to show the differences and similarities between the two markers. I will post commentary and explanation above each picture. Enjoy the 16875 characters of utter chaos!

First, the two assembled, barrel-less markers side by side. My LTD is currently stripped of all anodizing (is mostly bare aluminum).

To begin the detailed comparison, let us start with the ram housing. The Generation 1 pictured (and all other standard wraths) use a extruding ram housing (or ram cap). The Wrath LTD has most of it's ram housing secured inside the ram sleeve. The two ram caps are seen here assembled.

Next we will compare the two ASA's (that's Air Source Adaptor). These ASA's are intended to accept high pressure regulators. The LTD features a 10* ASA (mine is a little scuffed up from various projects).

The standard wrath uses a strait ASA with a hole cut into the side to allow passage of the low pressure hose, seen below.

Next we'll take a look at the stock feednecks. The standard wrath's use a bob-long style clamping feedneck, where the hopper is inserted, then a exterior clamp wheel is spun to grab hold of the hopper neck.

The LTD uses a vice grip neck of lower profile and size. The hopper neck is inserted, and the user tightens the feedneck's ring to clamp the hopper in place.

Now we'll have a look at the stock bolts. The standard wrath's (until the very late models, after the LTD was produced) come with an aluminum bolt. This bolt requires lubrication to cycle smoothly. The Wrath LTD comes stock with a teflon bolt, that requires no lubrication, and is significantly lighter than both the stock bolt, and many other aftermarket bolts.

Into disassembly. Taking a look at the top of the trigger frames, several minute differences can be noticed. Using the standard wrath's frame as the default, the LTD's frame has two spots that have been drilled out to accommodate the low pressure barbs that connect to the LP hoses.

The standard wrath, unlike the LTD, has 2 ports for set screws intended to hold the solenoid in place, despite the fact only 1 is needed.

Focusing on the standard Wrath for a moment, we'll take a look at pulling the guts out. As is pictured in the bolt comparison picture, the bolts can be quickly and effortlessly removed by pulling up the bolt pin, and sliding the bolt out the back of the marker. The standard Wrath's lower tube internals can be removed by first disconnecting the LP hose from the ram cap's hose fitting. Then by spinning off the ram cap. All the parts will slide out the back.

The ram itself will need to be pulled out of the ram cap in order to be cleaned or replaced.

The ram sleeve will be the last part to come out most of the time. The standard Wrath's sleeve is shorter than the LTD's (as will be pictured in detail later).

One of the major differences in the lower tube design between the two models is the fact the standard wrath's ram cap is threaded into the body. The internal tap can be seen here.

The LPR on both markers is secured by a single screw near the front of the marker. After it is removed, the LPR, valve spring, and valve pin will all be able to be pulled out the front of the marker. The valve itself is held in place just as they are in spyders, with a screw coming up from the bottom of the marker. Unscrew this, and use a piece of macroline to push the valve out the front of the marker. When all the standard wrath's parts are laid out as they are set up inside the marker, it appears as such.

The Wrath LTD makes more efficient use of the rear trigger frame screw. Not only does this screw keep the frame attached to the marker, it also holds the ram cap in place. Remove this screw, and just like with the original wraths, the parts slide out the back.

Also, just as with the original wrath, the LPR, valve spring, valve pin, and valve are removed the same way. The LPR on the LTD, however, is of a slightly different design externally, since it does not use a LPR adaptor. It has a shallow channel milled around certain parts to allow air passage.

Detailed here, is the underside of the LTD. The forwardmost screw is the LPR screw. The tiny hole off to the side is the plugged end of the internal air channel. The LTD has two internal air channels that provide a methood of getting low pressure air around the gun. Loose ends from milling are filled with tiny set screws, similar to trigger adjustment screws.

When all the internals of the LTD are removed and laid out, it looks like this.

Last edited by IronCorps : 12-07-2007 at 04:14 PM.
IronCorps is offline   Reply With Quote