View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #229
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Ok so here is what has been going on. Well it has been over 3 years since diagnosis, and almost 3 years since the transplant.

So to the update. I am still being treated for the Graft vs. Host disease. I am still taking a good number of drugs as well, including chemo drugs. I get frustrated because I am still on all of this stuff. I still see the doc every 2 to 3 weeks. Kind of the same stuff each visit. He looks at me, to see how the GVHD is and then asks me if I have any other concerns. Then inevitable tells me to, "Stay on course. No changes in your meds." That with the blood test, costs about $500 each time. On the bright side I am cancer free for almost 3 years, I am upright breathing, and somewhat active.

That is the medical update. Now a personal one.

My doc has not officially let me go back to work. The owners at my former place of employment have decided they don't want to wait for me so they cut me loose. LOL I got a letter letting me know my services are no longer needed. Got it on a Friday no less. I went there on the following Monday to let them know what a chicken s**t move that was, and let tell them after 7 years of service they could have called me in to do it. Anyway this and the Cancer paved they way to my next announcement. I decided to start my own business, and work from home. For some reason my doc is ok with this. What is the business you ask?? I now own my own my own firearm business. I sell, repair, and refinish firearms. The other half of the businees is ammunition manufacturing. I got all my licenses and insurance. Now the business is like 90% ammunition and 10% repair, refinish and sales. I started this last July and now we are looking to expand and add more equipment and stuff. All of this got started from Ebay. I was selling all kinds of stuff on ebay to help pay the bills and stuff. People would give us all kinds of free stuff to help out. I used some of the money to get all of the licenses and insurance. That is how it started.

I have been so busy I should not even be posting. I have enough work right now for a solid month and I get 7-10 calls a day of people wanting to buy ammo. I am supplying a few stores with ammo and just had a meeting with the chief of a large metro police department. I hope to be supplying them with all of their training ammo soon.

EDIT: I forgot to add. http://www.dynamicfirearmsolutions.com/ It is still in the building stages. Input would be nice.

So things while going slow, have been improving.

This Saturday I am going to play some ball. Against my docs advice. lol Well I have not asked him recently. He always says no. I am not asking him this time. I am still working on getting back in shape, but it is tough sometimes with the effects of some of the drugs.
I cannot wait to use a very secial marker I got I will play back and try not to over stress myself. It should be fun. I have not played in over 3 years. I cannot wait.

Well I am going to get back to work. I will be in and out more often.

Another pearl of wisdom from a plumber friend of mine.

"You can float a turd a mile, but you can't push one an inch." ~Dennis
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"

Last edited by Flamethrower : 04-28-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote