View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #233
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Every silver lining has a cloud

Wel let's start with the good news. The Karni is awesome! It shoots flawlessly. It is great! I have to watch the ROF. I burned through 1700 balls in 2 hours. I think I had more fun watching the stream of balls than actually shooting anyone.

Ok so we played at an indoor place. Wide hyperball field. It is old tennis club, converted to a field. So the usual conditions. Sawdust, mixed with large volumes of paint and water from a leaky roof.
First match 30 seconds into the game, i decide to move from one place to another. This is where things went bad. I cannot run to save my life. The people I am playing against are all new. So no need to move fast anyway. I was about 5 feet from the bunker and I planted my left foot. Well it went a direction that is not natural. Really not natural. I went superman like to the ground. I saved the marker. It never touched the ground. My knee hurt, but not very bad. Like a dumb az$, I kept playing. I finished up and went home. Boy did my knee stiffen up. Now it was hurting badly. I slept and the next morning the wife and I went to urgent care. I was sitting there and my let side started to hurt. I walked it off a couple of times, but then it was like someone was drilling into my side. Se off to the ER we went. We hit the door and within 5 minutes I had an IV in and they were pumping in the good drugs. Weee. Now that my head is floating and I am in lala land, I get a CT of my abdomen, and an X-ray of my knee.

Long story longer, after more tests. It turns out that I have a 7mm kidney stone moving from my kidney and my bladder. On top of that I may have either a torn ML or a torn meniscus. So an MRI tomorrow and I will know for sure.

Well I am tired, so off to bed I go.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote