Thread: Anarchy OT
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #12394
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
Went to the cycle shop just to look at what they had, talked to two people and both of them told me different things (just like everyone else I ask.) The first guy wanted to sell me a 125F, which power aside is smaller than my mountain bike and I know isn't going to work. The second guy told me to look for a 230F trail bike, they didn't have any in stock at the time.

About the trail bike, what kind of abuse can they take? I don't plan on competitive racing or jumping over buildings anytime soon and may never use a motocross bike to it's full capabilities, but I also don't typically cruise casually along trails.

With my 250 trail quad I do some jumps and I'm pretty much always at full throttle. It won't go any faster and won't jump any higher without breaking, I don't want to be in this situation with a bike. Can a 4 stroke 230-250 trail bike stand being at full throttle most of the time, and can the suspension take bigger jumps? Or should I be looking for something like a 125/250F motocross bike?
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote