View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 04:40 AM   #37
Blacksheep
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Blacksheep Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksheep
Offensive Tactics

I see a lot of good and bad posts here and will contribute my expieriances...and let me note that what wins the game is not the gun, the player, camouflage, cover, conealment, hiding, snipers, or whatnot, it's teamwork! Win as a team, loose as a team, just stay a team! If you loose as a team realize you could not have done anything more and you lost becuase the other team was more coherent or just all around better than you.

1) If you don't come/go there to win stay home because that whole "it was just for fun" is just a way to make loosers feel better about doing what they do best: loosing. Maybe not good for the sport but if you're not there to win then you are a drag on the fighting capability of your team.

3) Make sure that when you open up you are in range of the enemy and not too far out. No point in ruining it if it was a surprise. This is a classic mistake of newbies and veterens so know your marker I guess too.

4) Don't stay static, be aggressive, move, hit, flank, etc. If you stay static you are simply playing speedball on a wooded field, no difference. Heck, I've moved more in speedball than some people in woods!

5) Work as a TEAM! By that I mean communicate, cover each other, know each other, don't just let guys hang out and shoot on their own, that is nothing but a group of individuals while a team will move as a whole and work as a whole.

6) Take one for the team! If your sacrifice= winning then do it, you aren't going to die. If it were real war then I wouldn't say this.

7) Spread out but not too far. I know some of you Rangers were trained to stay 20m-25m away from each other, but you toted guns shooting 500m and farther. Be close enough to support each other, but far enough so one stream of rounds won't take out half the team. If you are to far apart you cannot support each other.

8) Know when to use concealment, cover, and camo. When you move, you should use all three whenever possible but when in the fray of things, use cover over anything else as they know your position.

9) Trust your instincts. I know this sounds dumb, but trust them...

10) Move through the most difficault terrain. Easily said, how many of you actually do it? I do. If there are brayers I get down and crawl. If it's a swamp, then I wade through it. If it's heavy underbrush, then crouch.

11) Don't be lazy. Laziness happens for a lot of reasons that I won't idenfity, but I will tell you that laziness causes you to be slow in thought and reaction, you make noise, you take the shortest way, you cheat to save yourself a long walk, etc. Don't be lazy.

Everyone please notice that most of my tactics are based on the team. Why? Because the team is more important and more effective than the individaul player. Take three excellent players and put them in a group and now take three good players and put them together but they work as a TEAM. They will wipe the field. I promise you that. You win with teamwork. Not by fancy tactics, guns, titles, overwhelming numbers, cover, and camouflage. You will win as a team and loose as a team, but a team is much stronger than a group of individuals.

Detection/Observation-
Observation/Detection Techniques-

Many people have stated that a ghillie suit is an effective tool in paintball. I can surmise that these people are city boys who have not learned to hunt and move in nature, or they have eyesight around 20/100 or worse. The ghillie suit is effective, actually, camouflage as a whole, because from abot 200 yards away, the eye cannot see clearly...anything. I don't know why, but it's true. I can spot a deer from about 400 yards away but it is incredibly hard and tiring.

Some tips for those who don't want to take the time to master everything and learn it yourself by being outside which is the best way which I learned from tracking-

- Look for disturbances. Hard to explain but things that don't look right or belong. Like, if you see a branch moving in an unnatural way (yes, branches move a certain way people) then someone passed there recently. When tracking you can use crushed vedgetation but on a pb field there is so much trampling and gmaes are so short, tracking doesn't really apply except for attention to detail.

- Trust your instincts. Get in tune with yourself and what you feel. No logic, but what you FEEL! Against all logic I took a 16-point buck in a pine forest when there were rivers, etc beucase it felt right to me.

That's it, attention to detail. Something don't look or feel right then cahse it down.
________
Jackie18

Last edited by Blacksheep : 08-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote